poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Most Complimented Products!

Okay, ladies, share your secrets! What products do you wear that get you the most compliments?

compliments.JPG

-I Love New York for Mothers: Everytime I wear this, someone always asks what the perfume is. The different notes emerge as the day wears on, but the staying power is one of the most long lasting!

-Tom Ford quad in Cognac Sable: I don't know what Tom Ford did with his eyeshadows, especially his glitter ones, but they go on beautifully on the eyes. Each quad and trio gives such a polished, sophisticated look.

-L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Sage: On days when I feel like sporting a green eye look, I always turn to this pressed pigment of an eyeshadow. The complexity of this shade is just indescribable and the dimension absolutely gorgeous.

-Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill in Pulp Fiction (#4): How can you not like this given the name? This flashes gray-taupe in some light and purple-taupe under different lighting. I like to refer to this shade as a chameleon shade, since it will also change depending on your skin tone. And just as an aside, L'oreal owns Giorgio Armani, so the formula of the Eyes to Kill is exactly the same as the Infallibles :smileyhappy:

-Butter London Knackered: Trichrome in nature with red and green microshimmers, this is -- hands down -- one of the most unique shades in Butter London's line. Admittedly, it's a bit sheer on its own. But layered over a darker purple/mauve polish (e.g. OPI's Metro Chic), its true colors shine through.

ChicDabbler

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Most Complimented Products!

[ Edited ]

Hmmmmm compliments compliments......usually I go for minimal/understated, so I only recall 3 incidents of specific compliments rather than a "you look/smell nice."

- Tarte lipsurgence matte in Fiery. It's a cool red and a stranger/girl who saw me wearing it just bursted out "I like your lips I like your lips!" while bouncing up and down when she saw me. No compliments from guys, just second glances, smiles and whispers.

- Gold/green eyeshadow combo. I wore this a couple times, it's subtle enough you don't really notice it until you are close. Got a compliment from a lady waiting in line and plenty on BT when I posted it, lol.

2012-12-03 23.42.14.jpg

- pink nail with gold glitter top coat. Wore this to a friend's wedding and was well received.

2013-08-16 21.09.06.jpg

Aside from that most of the compliments I get are on my style/accessories.

poshified

(0) Hearts

You rock the green and gold, Beautytester! Let us know what other eye combos are your favorites :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

AHHHHH I love that eye look!!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Green/gold and green/blue are my favorite combo for colorful but casual eye look. Also posted other green eyeshadow looks altho the pic lighting isn't the best: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Eye-looks-Wear-green-D/td-p/444021

rikkie

I think green eyeshadow might have been THE thing that made me a Sephora addict. I love love love green shadow!

MUFE #91 matte yellow green color

MUFE.jpg

and Tokidoki Soya, a pearl finish green/gold the main color used over most of the lid in this look

swfupload_5947101883967133483.png

poshified

(0) Hearts

Rikkie, you must try L'oreal Golden Sage in that case! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Red eyeshadow.....I did attempt it once for a Geisha look, except I didn't have red eyeshadow so I used a longlasting lipstick....which left a pink stain by my eyes the next day.....=X

poshified

(0) Hearts

YIKES! That's not good :smileysad:

LCResz

(0) Hearts

1. diesel Loverdose always gets noticed and complimented. It is definitely one of those scents that needs to blends with you for a little while though.

2. When I use BareMinerals Lash Domination people think I am using falsies!

3. Givenchy Kohl liner, my hubby goes insane, especially if I pair it with bold red lips, like OCC NSW lip tar, he says I look like Marilyn Monroe (no wonder I married him!)

4. Anything white. I guess it looks good against my skin tone, but I dread wearing it because I am a klutz and will get coffee all other it, be it a shirt, a dress, pants, socks, you name it :smileywink:

5. UD eyeliner in Deviant, makes my eyes look wide awake.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Lash Domination, huh? I think I may have one in my deluxe sized stash I need to try. Thank you for letting us know! :smileyhappy:

gongju87

(0) Hearts

1) Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue, compliments every time without fail

2) VS Sexy Little Things Noir Tease

3) My eyebrows lol people have always liked them, but especially even more since I discovered the Dior Brow Styler

4) My winged eyeliner, its always vey precise

5) My hair, its a pain in my butt but I guess the time I take to style it pays off

poshified

(0) Hearts

Glad to have you in the Dior Brow Styler club, lady! :smileyhappy:

warriorwitch

Crazy eye makeup. Doesn't have to be a particular one, just crazy. When I wear my neon yellow eyeliner, I get compliments. When I where hot pink eyeshadow with blurple eyeliner I get compliments. People want to wear stuff like that, but they are scared of being looked down at, I always tell them not to worry and just go for it. Its only makeup, its not like your getting a tattoo on your face (and nowadays even tattoos aren't life time commitments).

poshified

(0) Hearts

I agree! I usually go for nude lips, so folks don't usually compliment on how my nude lips are just rocking :smileyvery-happy:. So, I tend to play up my eyeshadows. One time, I did have someone ask me what blush I was wearing, and I kind of whispered "Deep Throat."

mberteig

(0) Hearts

1.  Just makeup in general as well - coworkers have commented on how I am always perfectly made up.  I changed my routine so I always have time in the morning to apply makeup.  In the past, I would only do it occasionally.  My sister and others have told me that I look so cute with makeup on, it's quite an incentive to wear it every day!

2.  My Too Faced eyeshadow palettes.  I wear glasses (which make my eyes look smaller than they really are) and took them off in a meeting to clean them, and a coworker commented that he was transfixed by my eyes!  Hey, I'll take it :-)!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Too Faced eyeshadows are quite underrated, but they wear so well! :smileyhappy:

midnightangel

1. Seduction by Victoria's Secret has earned a few compliments at the office even though I don't care for it.

2. Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret - I once had a co-worker who liked this on me so much that he bought some for his wife. lol

3. Sephora Colorful Eyeshadows - people compliment my eye makeup all the time...even strangers. The most recent one came from my mother and I was wearing a shade called Made In Manhattan.

Most of the compliments I get are for my clothes or jewelry/piercings though.

poshified

(0) Hearts

You know me and eyeshadows! I'll be looking up Made in Manhattan -- such a cute name too :smileyvery-happy:

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

I believe that color was part of an older line...don't think Sephora makes it anymore. Kind of a bummer. 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

So far only my Kat Von D foiled lipstick. Other than before this, nothing. lol

poshified

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried KVD's foiled lippies -- will check them out next time I'm in store :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 72 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • kirstensf
    • spoiledbrat
    • annonymous1