Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

As some of you may already know, I'm a bit of a highlighter hoarder. Companies love to shell out pretty-looking highlighters, and I get suckered in every time without fail. That said, if all of my highlighters were to one day disappear, these are the ones I'd be repurchasing in a heartbeat!

highlighters.JPG
(Clockwise starting with the Chantecaille)

-Chantecaille Rose Petals highlighter: This is a very subtle highlighter, and I can see it working beautifully on paler to lighter skintones. I like to pair this with my cooler toned pink blushes. This was so popular it sold out last holidays, but thankfully, Chantecaille has repromoted it this holidays :smileyhappy:

-Jill Stuart Charming Feline: I strictly use this as a powdered undereye highlighter/setting powder, and it does an amazing job in ensuring that my concealers do not crease.

-Laura Mercier Spellbound: Laura Mercier does highlighters extremely well, and this beauty of a highlighter is no exception. It pulls slightly on the beige side, so I like pairing this with neutral and bronzey blushes.

-Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal: This highlighter is not for the faint of heart! It's the secret to perfecting the JLo glow, and it's best achieved with a large fluffy brush. One caveat: use a light hand!

-Chanel Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder: The disappearing CC logo is a good indicator of how much I love this illuminator! I like to think of this as Albatross' less dramatic, more finely-milled younger sister. I love wearing this with blushes with running gold shimmer.

Enable me away, BTers! :smileywink:

Meg82

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

For Watts Up I just draw it onto my face wherever I want it and then I blend it out with my fingers.  It's pretty quick and easy once you do it a few times.

brittany0859

You definitely need to try Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder. It's the prettiest and most natural looking highlighter I've ever used. It's not super glittery or shimmery. It's hard to explain but it's my favorite.

I also like Benefits Watts Up and ELF shimmering facial whip

poshified

LOL, I'm embarrassed to say I have the LM Matte Radiance, and it is gorgeous as well! I love how there's a lot of product in her highlighters, so they will last quite a while.

Meg82

[ Edited ]

Oh my God, this thread will legit kill me.  Highlighters are my new obsession.  This thread is going to just be a shopping list.

The highlighters I've been using are:

Watt's up. This is my current fave because of how fast it is.  Also because it's so easy and i never end up with one cheekbone looking uber gold and sparkly and the other one looking bare.

Buxom's Divine Goddess Luminizer I'm still experimenting with how to use this most effectively.  I feel like I always end up uneven or using too much or too little.  

NARS Albatross This one is super new and I'm also trying to find the best way too do it, but i love the subtle gold it can give me when I do it right.

So yeah, obviously I'm still experimenting with highlighters, but they are my favorite part of my makeup routine and I covet new ones.

poshified

People have always told me in the past that since I have oily skin, I should stay away from highlighters. Clearly I took their advice to heart.

Enjoy your growing highlighter collection! It definitely opened up a new world for me :smileyvery-happy:

Meg82

People have also told me to stay away from highlighters, but I just love them so much.  And the most recent time I got my makeup done the MUA was like "oh no honey, you can/should highlight."  (which is good because I had been for months) And she showed me albatross.  And it was awesome.

poshified

That was my first highlighter too! I'm sure I overdid it when I first started using it, but hey, at least I have prominent cheekbones :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 78 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • ry22
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4