poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

As some of you may already know, I'm a bit of a highlighter hoarder. Companies love to shell out pretty-looking highlighters, and I get suckered in every time without fail. That said, if all of my highlighters were to one day disappear, these are the ones I'd be repurchasing in a heartbeat!

highlighters.JPG
(Clockwise starting with the Chantecaille)

-Chantecaille Rose Petals highlighter: This is a very subtle highlighter, and I can see it working beautifully on paler to lighter skintones. I like to pair this with my cooler toned pink blushes. This was so popular it sold out last holidays, but thankfully, Chantecaille has repromoted it this holidays :smileyhappy:

-Jill Stuart Charming Feline: I strictly use this as a powdered undereye highlighter/setting powder, and it does an amazing job in ensuring that my concealers do not crease.

-Laura Mercier Spellbound: Laura Mercier does highlighters extremely well, and this beauty of a highlighter is no exception. It pulls slightly on the beige side, so I like pairing this with neutral and bronzey blushes.

-Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal: This highlighter is not for the faint of heart! It's the secret to perfecting the JLo glow, and it's best achieved with a large fluffy brush. One caveat: use a light hand!

-Chanel Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder: The disappearing CC logo is a good indicator of how much I love this illuminator! I like to think of this as Albatross' less dramatic, more finely-milled younger sister. I love wearing this with blushes with running gold shimmer.

Enable me away, BTers! :smileywink:

rainbowveins084

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

Benefits Watts up highlighter is the only highlighter I've tried and I am happy enough with it to not want to try any more!

Watts Up

txmommyofboys

My top 5 highlighters are (in order!) 

1. Nars Albatros

2. Mac Soft & Gentle

3. Laura Mercier matte radiance baked powder  Highlight 01

4. theBalm Mary Luminizer

5. Physicians Formula Translucent Pearl

poshified

(0) Hearts

theBalm's Mary Luminizer is some serious highlight... but I love it! :smileyhappy: Great list!

roxystar4

great favorites txmommyofboys! welcome to BT btw :smileyhappy:

mberteig

Has anyone tried the Too Faced Sweetheart Beads Radiant Glow Face Powder?

poshified

(0) Hearts

I swatched it on the back of my hands thinking it would be comparable to Guerlain's 03 Meteorites, but the TF one is a straight up glitterbomb.

rikkie

Ughhh, I was JUST eyeing that darn Chantecaille and now you post this! I swear you read my mind sometimes. I'm just going to move in with you, then I don't have to buy all the exact same things :smileytongue: 

poshified

That sounds like a plan! I can provide the highlighters and you can contribute to the Meteorites mania! :smileyvery-happy:

AznAngelLiz

I shouldn't have viewed this thread as I only have 1 highlighter (LM Matte Randiance) and even that was a sample I got with purchase....now I have 6 different ones in my loves list. 

I am easily influenced as you can tell :smileytongue:

poshified

They should rename Beauty Talk to Enablers Talk, seriously! :smileywink: If it wasn't for BT, I don't think my loves list is as long as it currently is.

crayzeeRN

Hahaha this is so true Posh!!

melde

So I may or may not have been searching Sephora's website for the Laura Mercier Spellbound.... I can't find it. Was it LE?

poshified

It is LE, but I was talking to Missie772 about it, and she was able to find hers on the Macy's site. Hope you get your hands on it! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Yes it was, it was available this summer.

DesertRose0706

My favorite highlighters are Dior's Rose Diamond and Amber Diamond.  They create a georgeous glow, and never look too glittery or shimmery!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I really want Dior's highlighters to work for me, but sadly, they break me out :smileysad:. I'm still trying to figure out what ingredient(s) is causing it.

hydee77

I love highlighters as well.  I have been thinking about getting the Becca highlighter in the Rose Gold shade but Opal is great as well!  Decisions, decisions..ah! I'll get both.

poshified

You should get both! :smileyvery-happy: Seriously, they're different in their own ways, so you can justify your purchases.

Meg82

Highlighter question for all you highlighter addicts:  where do you highlight?

I usually make a C around my eyes going cheekbone to over my eyebrows and then back down.  I sometimes also do a teeny bit right above my cupids bow and right under the center of my lips.  And rarely I do my nose (rarely because my nose gets oily sometimes and doesn't really need it)

poshified

(0) Hearts

I highlight on top of my cheekbones making sure to stop at the end of my eyes, sometimes above my brows in a C-shape (if the highlighter is more subtle.) Also, the bridge of my nose, tip of my nose, cupid's bow, and a bit in the chin area :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 78 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • ry22
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4