poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

As some of you may already know, I'm a bit of a highlighter hoarder. Companies love to shell out pretty-looking highlighters, and I get suckered in every time without fail. That said, if all of my highlighters were to one day disappear, these are the ones I'd be repurchasing in a heartbeat!

highlighters.JPG
(Clockwise starting with the Chantecaille)

-Chantecaille Rose Petals highlighter: This is a very subtle highlighter, and I can see it working beautifully on paler to lighter skintones. I like to pair this with my cooler toned pink blushes. This was so popular it sold out last holidays, but thankfully, Chantecaille has repromoted it this holidays :smileyhappy:

-Jill Stuart Charming Feline: I strictly use this as a powdered undereye highlighter/setting powder, and it does an amazing job in ensuring that my concealers do not crease.

-Laura Mercier Spellbound: Laura Mercier does highlighters extremely well, and this beauty of a highlighter is no exception. It pulls slightly on the beige side, so I like pairing this with neutral and bronzey blushes.

-Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal: This highlighter is not for the faint of heart! It's the secret to perfecting the JLo glow, and it's best achieved with a large fluffy brush. One caveat: use a light hand!

-Chanel Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder: The disappearing CC logo is a good indicator of how much I love this illuminator! I like to think of this as Albatross' less dramatic, more finely-milled younger sister. I love wearing this with blushes with running gold shimmer.

Enable me away, BTers! :smileywink:

ry22

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

I do:

~under my eyebrow

~cheekbones a little higher than the blush

~bridge of nose

~Cupid's bow

~a little on my chin

If its a liquid, you could mix it with your liquid foundation for an all over glow.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I agree on mixing liquid highlighters with foundations! It works especially well during the fall and winter months :smileyhappy:

mberteig

I do my cheekbones in a straight line starting from just under the eye at the outer edge and out to the sides of the face, angling upward a little bit.

I also do the browbone just under the outer half of the eyebrow, the inner corners of the eyes, vertically right above the cupid's bow (from the bottom of the nose to the center of the upper lip) and horizontally right above the upper lip.  This makes the upper lip look fuller and I really like this effect.

poshified

YES! Thank you for highlighting (no pun intended) the fact that you start under the outer edges of your eyes :smileyhappy:. I've seen a lot of people take their highlight too far into the center of their faces that it just seems odd. Admittedly, I made the same mistake previously too.

garnett

[ Edited ]

I used to love highlighters when I was younger and then I backed off when my skin got more mature. I tend to stay away from glitter, sparkles, and heavy shimmer because it can draw attention to pores and fine lines.  No true wrinkles yet but I am guessing it would be like a neon sign.  LOL  Then I found the Hourglass Ambient Lighting collection.  I adore these powders and use them all.  True, some are more of a finishing powder but I find Mood, Luminous, Radiant, and Incandescent (in the new palette) to be wonderful highlighters that never cake, settle into pores or lines, or dry out my skin.  I am hooked for life!  :smileyhappy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm hoping Hourglass will expand the Ambient line! :smileyhappy:

Meg82

Also, did any of you highlight fans buy the Marc Jacob's LE Luminizing powder?  Do you like it? Mine should arrive any day now and I am super psyched.

poshified

I think you'll love it! You can customize it to your liking. I personally like swirling both shades together to give a subtle, neutral highlight :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

I looooooove highlighters!  My favorite so far is the Lorac one that came with bronzer in the Unzipped palette.  I also have Becca liquid in Opal, Benefit Watts Up, three different Smashbox soft lights, and a Stila liquid highlighter in pink. 

I have started using the Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre 4-piece set for eyes, it says you can use on cheeks too but it's pretty sparklie, I haven't tried it.

poshified

I've never thought of using the LORAC 3D Liquid Lustres on the cheeks -- thanks for the tip! :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Ooooh, I need to add the Becca one back to my loves list I think. Spoiledbrat has been convincing me on the mew Marc Jacobs one.

poshified

The Marc Jacobs highlighter is pretty subtle but stunning nonetheless! I hope my swatches have convinced you that you need it! :smileywink:

mjhighlighter.JPG

beautytester

YAY! thank you thank you for the swatches. I was actually considering taking it off my love list but now it's definitely staying. I have a shiny face, so I like subtle better since I can also use it for highlighter under the brow.

poshified

(0) Hearts

You're very welcome! It's truly a beauty, and hopefully it makes its way to your cart soon :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

I probably will lol! I like that there's different shades. Kinda been waiting for the bronzer to come back in stock to buy together :smileywink: They should make a little palette!

poshified

OMG yes, please! Why not throw a mini lippie of the Marc Jacobs Showstopper lipstick while he's at it, right? :smileyhappy: Apparently, people have been stealing that Showstopper lipstick tester at my local Sephora, so the store has been out of stock.

Meg82

Oh yum.  Please come quickly UPS!

mberteig

Ooh!  I like highlighters too!  My overall favorite is Too Faced Candlelight Duo.  I keep trying others, but always go back to this one.  It's great for every day, glowy but not sparkly.  I swirl a brush over both colors and use that on the cheekbones and cupid's bow, then I use the while one only on the browbone and the inner corners of the eyes.

I also really like Benefit Watts Up, but I find it easier to apply a powder.  Any hints for applying this one?

I just got the Sephora Microsmooth luminizers in both colors - they are back in stock, yay!  I like them as well.  I also have the Sephora gold one in a tube that is in the sale section, but this is pretty glittery.  I have both microsmooth palettes, and the luminizer that is included in both of those is also really nice.

poshified

The Sephora Microsmooth Luminizer in Star Dust is an exact dupe for Albatross! And, I totally agree -- they're fantastic! :smileyhappy:

Meg82

Is it?  Now I wish I hadn't bought the microsmooth luminizer in star dust.  Or maybe I wish I hadn't bought Albatross because that is pricier.  Maybe I will return Albatross.  I always feel bad for returning in situations other than defective/disliked products.  Decisions decisions.

poshified

I even find the texture of Sephora's Star Dust to be softer than Albatross, if that helps! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 78 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • hydee77
    • ry22
    • poshified
    • beautytester
    • roxystar4