poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Fragrances!

My perfume preferences change on a nearly daily basis, but these are the ones I keep coming back to.

fragrances.JPG

-Bottega Veneta Eau L'egere: My newest addition to the collection, and I can see this being my signature scent of 2014! It's leathery, it's powdery -- truly a walking contradiction of a scent in of itself. For an EDT, it lasts quite a while throughout the day. The EDP, on the other hand, is an entirely different beast and a tad too strong for my liking.

-Jessica Simpson I Fancy You: I'll admit to liking this perfume. It's feminine and inviting in a subtle way. It's very inoffensive making it a great choice for those who are in a work setting where scents is one thing that must be taken into consideration.

-Especially Escada Delicate Notes: Especially Escada's softer version, it screams carefree and, quite possibly, springtime when the flowers are blooming. I still wear it all year round, as I'm a fan of floral fragrances. It's my go-to on days when I'm not sure which to reach for.

-I Love New York for Mothers: Tangerine is a common note present in many of the scents I fancy, and this is no exception. However, this has strong sillage, not to mention a complexity that many perfumes lack. It's fresh. It's spicy. It's also the one I get the most compliments, so of course, it has to make the list :smileytongue:

-Chloe: The rate I went through this bottle is quite scary, but it goes to show how well-loved it is. It was my signature scent this year, and I'm holding on to the last few sprays till the end of the year. It's a beautiful and classic fragrance, and the addition of lychee made it that much better.

What are your top picks?

KMeleana

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Fragrances!

(0) Hearts
Right now my favorites are Elie Saab and Hermes perfume jour d'hermes
hydee77

(0) Hearts

1.  Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur

2.  So Pink by the Gap

3.  Dawn from Sarah Jessica Parker

4.  Tocca Giulietta

5.  Benefit's So Hooked on Carmella 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I really like la vie la mort! Smells delicious!

aleishamaxime

(0) Hearts
  1.  YSL's Paris EDT -when I was 15 my mom had a bottle of this and I've been wearing it since
  2. Chanel No. 5 EDP
  3. Tokyo Milk Dark La Vie La Mort No. 90 (or Chance No. 18 both are so great)
  4. Chloe
  5. D&G Desire
SirenPrincess

I love sweet with just a tiny hint of floral to make it a bit more mature.  My favs:

1. Prada Candy L'eau

2. Hanae Mori Butterfly

3. Marc Jacobs Honey

4. Dior Hypnotic Poison

5. Burberry Brit

Honorable mentions--Cherry in the Air, Prada Candy (regular), Marc Jacobs Lola, Estee Lauder Pleasures, Chopard Casmir, St Tropez Lea

Anyone have any suggestions of others I should try based on my love list?

poshified

I know a favorite amongst several BTers is Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey Florale. It's still sitting on my wishlist for the holidays :smileyvery-happy:

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Ohhh thank you!

CaitlinBrunson

1 Dior Addict - Original Navy Bottle

2. YSL's Manifesto

3. My "fresh" mix- Mixture of DKNY Green Apple and Ralph Lauren's Ralph

4 Victoria's Secret Pink

5 Abercrombie Fierce- this stuff just brings back the good ole days of first loves and high school football games

poshified

(0) Hearts

I agree that the original Dior Addict is probably the best smelling of them all!

mafan

Oh, my, how do I pick just 5?  I guess right now this list will do:

1) Guerlain Filtre d'amour (LE from 2000 and I only wear on very special occasions, but I love it and can't keep it from my list)

2) Lancome La vie est belle (might be what I wear most)

3) Gucci Flora Eau Fraiche (I put this away and took out regular Flora recently but I love this more)

4)Victoria's Secret Angel

5) Bvlgari Amethyste

(But that leaves out DKNY Golden Delicious, Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir, Balenciaga Florabotanica and so many other things, sigh)

poshified

(0) Hearts

I always lean towards the Eau Fraiche version of most fragrances for some odd reason. What do you think of the Bvlgari Mon jasmin Noir L'eau Exquise?

jaimelove

i love la vie est belle! that may be the one item that ends up on my christmas list this year :smileyhappy: 

ghkim

1. CB I hate perfume Cradle of Light (all time favorite but hideously expensive)

2. Chanel no 19 EDP

3. Robert Piguet Fracas

4. Serge Lutens/Shiseido Feminite du Bois

5. Guerlain Attrape Couer

That was really tough. I also love Robert Piguet Mademoiselle, Serge Lutens a la nuit, Serge Lutens bois de citronnier, Frederic Malle Carnal flower, Tom Ford Black orchid, Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT, Hermes Rose Ikebana . . . ok, I'll stop now.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I need to get myself to a Serge Lutens counter ASAP!

bombshell30

1. Chloe See

2. Kenzo Flower

3. Tokyo Milk Dark- Everything & Nothing

4. Lancome' Miracle

5. Gucci Flora- Violet

In no particular order- I adore them all equally! Number 2 & 3 smell amazing mixed together!!!!!

poshified

Kenzo doesn't get enough love! I absolutely adore their new Colour Pink fragrance!

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

I have the pink and adore it! We could only pick 5! Lol I want the yellow next! 

Rufflesandbows

1.  Coco Mademoiselle

2.  Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia

3.  Dior Miss Dior

4.  Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme

5.  L'Artisan Premier Figuier

These change all the time, but these are the ones I'm reaching for most at the moment.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Coco Mademoiselle... such a classic! :smileyhappy:

Candy357

1. Marc Jacobs Dot

2. Coach Love - newly added and can't get enough of it.

3. Gaga- Fame

4. Versace- Crystal

5. Juicy Couture Le Fleur

I love changing it up a lot too, but these are my main.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • hydee77
    • poshified
    • mafan
    • bombshell30
    • MermaidBarbie
    • viviene23