poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Fragrances!

My perfume preferences change on a nearly daily basis, but these are the ones I keep coming back to.

fragrances.JPG

-Bottega Veneta Eau L'egere: My newest addition to the collection, and I can see this being my signature scent of 2014! It's leathery, it's powdery -- truly a walking contradiction of a scent in of itself. For an EDT, it lasts quite a while throughout the day. The EDP, on the other hand, is an entirely different beast and a tad too strong for my liking.

-Jessica Simpson I Fancy You: I'll admit to liking this perfume. It's feminine and inviting in a subtle way. It's very inoffensive making it a great choice for those who are in a work setting where scents is one thing that must be taken into consideration.

-Especially Escada Delicate Notes: Especially Escada's softer version, it screams carefree and, quite possibly, springtime when the flowers are blooming. I still wear it all year round, as I'm a fan of floral fragrances. It's my go-to on days when I'm not sure which to reach for.

-I Love New York for Mothers: Tangerine is a common note present in many of the scents I fancy, and this is no exception. However, this has strong sillage, not to mention a complexity that many perfumes lack. It's fresh. It's spicy. It's also the one I get the most compliments, so of course, it has to make the list :smileytongue:

-Chloe: The rate I went through this bottle is quite scary, but it goes to show how well-loved it is. It was my signature scent this year, and I'm holding on to the last few sprays till the end of the year. It's a beautiful and classic fragrance, and the addition of lychee made it that much better.

What are your top picks?

poshified

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Fragrances!

(0) Hearts

If I could have one fragrance bottle designer, it would have to be Marc Jacobs!

jaimelove

v&r flowerbomb

d&g light blue

marc jacobs oh lola

lancome tresor

dior addict eau delice

there are plenty of others i'll reach for, depending on my mood, but i'd say these are the 5 i am using the most :smileyhappy: 

poshified

Lancome's fragrances always get overlooked, since they always like to advertise their newest and most innovative skincare! Tresor's a good one!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

my mom had a bottle of it back when it first came out and i've been in love with it ever since. same with dior's dune! 

viviene23

[ Edited ]

1. Serge Lutens un bois vanille

2. Gucci rush

3. Dior addict

4. Fifi Chachnil edp

5. Tocca Graciella

poshified

Fifi Chachnil... will make a mental note to check that one out too, next to Gucci Rush!

viviene23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Fifi Chachnil is a feminine citrusy, a little powdery scent. It has very good reviews and notes info at fragrantica if you're interested. I think you can buy it at luckyscent online or Fifi Chachnil lingerie store in France.  Gucci rush works well with my chemistry. I've received tons of compliments wearing it but it is not an everyday scent...more fall/winter or night outs. Here's Fifi Chachnil...very pretty isn't it? I love looking at it on top of my vanity :-)

upload_4343301262530153616.jpg

pinkonyx

GUCCI RUSH!! i love it. 

poshified

(0) Hearts

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever smelled Gucci Rush! Will make a note of that!

MermaidBarbie

1. Gucci Envy Me

2. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

3. Victoria's Secret Angel

4. Dior Miss Dior

5. Coach Poppy Flower

poshified

Ditto on the Poppy Flower! It smells so much better than the original!

pinkonyx

Have you smelled Viva La Juicy noir? i received a sample via birchbox and i thought it smelled soooo good. 

jaimelove

i like that one too :smileyhappy: my daughter grabbed a random sample of it last time we were in sephora and i may or may not have snuck it out of her stash a time or two :smileywink:

MermaidBarbie

I smelled it in the store. It does smell really good!

Kiki1517

1. Diesel Loverdose
  2. Armani Code
  3. Escada Rockin Rio
  4. Dolce & Gabbana The One
  5. GAP Pink

poshified

(0) Hearts

Rockin' Rio... YES! I'm a pretty big fan of most Escada scents in general :smileyhappy:

mimibel

1. CHANEL No5 Eau Premiere EDP, no other No5 formulation agrees with my chemistry, unfortunately. I love them all though.

2. Guerlain Shalimar new, lovely, might knock EP off the top. 

3. Tom Ford Violet Blonde 

4. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EDP

5. CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre

Bonus: Guerlain Apres L'Ondée. Not long lasting but this I'd tote along to respray. I have a bit left in a tester but I will gprobably get a regular bottle in the spring. 

I have quite a few others, collect minis and have a beginner perfumer's kit so I change it up quite a bit. 

poshified

(0) Hearts

I was surprised to see Eau Tendre amongst the heavier fragrances listed :smileytongue:. Guerlain does everything so amazingly: bronzers, meteorites, perfumes, etc.

gingerblack

Fame-Lady Gaga: sexy night time scent for me

White Musk- Body Shop: daytime basic scent

Be Delicious- DKNY: daytime scent, especially for school or work

Hot couture- I love it but it I am allergic to it i think

……… to be continued when I buy more haha

poshified

(0) Hearts

Oh no :smileysad:. Hot Couture is such a lovely scent!

shortstuff07

The only two I own (I have allergies and I'm super picky about fragrances!) would be Coach Poppy (pink liquid with the gold lid) and Marc Jacobs Dot.  They work well with my body chemistry and coexist with my hair product's fragrance nicely.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 44 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • hydee77
    • poshified
    • mafan
    • bombshell30
    • MermaidBarbie
    • viviene23