poshified

Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

I'm sure y'all watch YT tutorials and even have some of your own favorite gurus you always turn to.

What's the one (or more than one) thing that those gurus do that you can never do in your day-to-day makeup routine?

For me, I simply cannot use a "pea-sized" amount of primer or foundation to cover my entire face like the gurus can, even when I'm going for a lighter coverage.

Share away :smileyhappy:

Spyski

Re: Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

(0) Hearts

Curling hair and FAST.

Seriously, after years of trying to get the perfect curl within 30 minutes...NO. It just doesn't work. I have never seen ANY YouTube videos that have long hair with short side bangs (think hippie) and curling layers is like the pits of Hell! I just don't understand how you can possibly curl layers without little pieces falling and by the time I think I got the hang of it and finished there are little pieces I always miss especially in the back. When gurus are done their hair looks flawless. I mean HELLO! my hair just smells like burnt chemicals even with heat sprays and serums :smileysad:

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol I have rarely ever used a curling iron to curl mine, or anyone else hair. I use my flat iron, i can make all kinds of curls with it! I curl my hair is 15 minutes or less. And my hair is down to my lower back, with short layers!

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Ya see I tried my flatiron, but I guess I just couldn't get the hang of that either :smileysad:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately it's not an easy thing to learn. I've tried showing my friends and they just can't get the hang of it! My sister finally was able to do it after years of me showing her! 

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

OMG where do I begin??

1. Falsies. I just can' t. They always fall off and I'm just not coordinated enough to be that close to my eye with glue.

2. Portions. I feel like I have the opposite problem than most have said. I watch videos and I see them put on a "little" bit of foundation or a "little" bit of eye primer and I'm like....that's probably three days worth for me. I get so jealous when I see people like "Oh this is my second Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation and I'm already halfway through" and I think to myself..has it even been out long enough to be halfway through your second one!?

3. WINGED EYELINER. I can'ttttt. I try and try and it just doesn't happen. I swear my left eye is incapable of having a wing. I will pull my eye slightly, draw the wing, and when I release, the wing is gone because the skin around my eye is covering it! And if I try to do it without pulling my eye slightly, it doesn't let me do it straight. I swear my left eye droops slightly at the outside corner while my right doesn't.

paigecey07

Has anyone here ever wanted to start a channel?

DrWould

(0) Hearts

I've thought about it! Making videos reviewing products or talking about favorites/"unfavorites" end empties looks like so much fun! 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

you should do it! I have a channel and it's been really fun to make the videos. It does take a lot of time though. And some people are down right rude. I just ignore them and tell myself they are probably 12 year old girls hiding behind their computers :smileyhappy:  BUT other viewers are so nice (that makes it worth it). 

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you my channel name.

wendyomgwar

I actually did and made videos for a while lol but eventually I stopped because my camera is battery operated and batteries are expensive! lol

poshified

(0) Hearts

Let us know when you ever get back to Youtubing! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

I've thought about it so much, but I feel like my beauty outlet is now here on BT! I love it lol 

poshified

LOVE the BT family here! <3

paigecey07

Ive wanted to for over a year now, I just don't think I'm mature enough. 

DrWould

I can never, ever, ever curl my hair perfectly the way people on youtube can. I do their techniques exactly the way they show it but it just doesn't work for me!  

wendyomgwar

I can't for the life of me make my cat eyes look the same,  I can do it on other people but on me they go in different directions! Another one is have false eyelashes not look SO false, like for real! They look so bad on me! And then like everyone is saying special FX, I've been playing around with some of that and I can make myself look like I have rotting skin :smileyvery-happy: oh joy lol

poshified

[ Edited ]

eyeliner.jpg

No words needed. Bahahahaha!

MermaidBarbie

LOL, I loved this!

wendyomgwar

OMG Lol yes this is me

poshified