poshified

Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

I'm sure y'all watch YT tutorials and even have some of your own favorite gurus you always turn to.

What's the one (or more than one) thing that those gurus do that you can never do in your day-to-day makeup routine?

For me, I simply cannot use a "pea-sized" amount of primer or foundation to cover my entire face like the gurus can, even when I'm going for a lighter coverage.

Share away :smileyhappy:

poshified

Re: Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

(0) Hearts

I can't either with mascara; it always ends up on the lid somehow.

jnjenn2166

(0) Hearts

Something that helped me was using an index card of some business card on my lid behind my lashes :smileyhappy:

michmo

I simply cannot do my eyeshadow like they do.  I try, but theirs looks professional and mine looks like a little girl in her Momma's makeup.  :smileywink:

poshified

I think when I first started out with makeup, I had twenty shades of Maybelline in a given time on my face, haha!

asdsfgh

Winged eyeliner... I try it every time before I take my makeup off and it just doesn't work lol 

poshified

(0) Hearts

I have a difficult time getting both sides to look the same -- so frustrating!

Meg82

I'm not super good at finding youtube gurus, I mostly end up watching cranky monotone people who don't explain themselves well.

BUT there are definitely things they can do that I can't do.  For instance: put on eyeliner.  can't do it, tried ever method, every formulation and though I can line my bottom lid my top lid is gonna be line free forever.  But the youtube people can do insane things.  They line their eyes normally, they do cat eyes, they do smokey eyes, they line their waterlines.  I'm super impressed with all of them. (these are probably all skills that ya'll have.  i'm very impressed.)

poshified

A few of my favorite gurus include: Raeview, Blushingpixie, and LisaEldridge! :smileyhappy:

Meg82

ooh! thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 141 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poemelyric