pinkonyx

The one that got away...

I think we have all experienced that moment where you go to get one of your favorite beauty products only to be let down when the store clerk tells you, "Sorry mam that item has been discontinued".  :smileysad:

So here's the question, Has any of your favorite products meet the unfortunate discontinued list? and were you ever able to find something similar?

(My product would be Cargo's Wet/Dry foundation and no I've yet to find a replacement!!!) p.s this is my first post so sorry for any mistakes.

ragdoll4mom

Re: The one that got away...

(0) Hearts

Origins No Offense solid stick deodorant.  I could  have a hard sweaty workout and still smell fresh!

kittichick

(0) Hearts

MUFE's All Mat primer!!! It was the very first product I ever bought from Sephora and it's the only thing that could control my freakishly (so it seems) oily skin. 

After searching through many many products, I've settled on Hourglass Veil Mineral primer (and maybe OC8's mattifying gel.) If I combine it with UD's De-Slick spray, I'll stay reasonably matte - or at least my makeup won't *all* disappear for most of the day. But if I used MUFE's All Mat with the De-Slick, I had NORMAL looking skin ALL day! 

I heard that you can still get it if you order it directly from their NYC store, but I also heard that it went through a reformulation and doesn't work anymore. SO sad!

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Ugh!! This happens to me all the time!

So far, 2 lipglosses that I've loved have been discontinued. One of them was a Kat Von D gloss called Gunmetal. The other was a black gloss with multicolored glitter made by Sephora (I forget the name atm) and was my absolute favorite. I still have them & use them even though they're probably a few years old now. Whatever. I won't give them up! lol

Closest thing I've found is Make Up Forever's Lab Shine Lip Gloss in chrome onyx and Illamasqua's Intense Lipgloss in Repulse but both are a bit much for the office. What I liked about the Sephora one was its sheerness. Oh well. R.I.P.  :smileysad:

beautylovingirl

Some of the Chanel lipsticks that I loved were discontinued but I found YSL lippies and now I'm like "What Chanel Lipstick"? :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

All of the Dior foundations I used to love/wear constantly (including powders) have either been discontinued or reformulated so I no longer love them!  Luckily (I guess) they wouldn't be the right shade for me anymore anyway since I've gotten so much lighter.  Other than that, I've been really fortunate that nothing I'm completely obsessed with has been discontinued!

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

Oh reformulation thats almost worse, its still available but its not the same!

lolo01

s1271584-main-hero.jpg

This would be the one that got away for me, I've been waiting over 6months for a restock email. I asked at my local Sephora and was told its being discontinued :smileysad:

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

oh no! i hope you find a new better mascara. 

wingatprsct

Great thread pinkonyx!  I finally found Anastasia Strawburn Brow Powder with two shades.  I go between the lighter and darker shades depending on how my hair fades between colorings, but I usually use the lighter shade the most.  It is being discontinued and replaced with the darker shade and an even darker red.  Ugh!!!!!  I need to try to pick one of the older ones up before it disappears!

pinkonyx

yes get it while you can. eye brows can be the hardest to find a good color for. 

poshified

Great thread!

I wish Dior Lip Jelly Pens were never limited edition! Come August, I'll be stalking the near Sephora stores for back-ups! :smileyhappy:

Also, Benefit's face exfoliator. Why, oh why, did they have to discontinue it?!

rikkie

The lip jelly pens are such gorgeous colors! I need to go pick some up before they are gone forever. 

poshified

(0) Hearts

They're also very hydrating and leave such glossy finishes, unlike *ahem* Clinique Chubby Sticks lol

Titian06

It looks like the concealer I've been using has been either discontinued or significantly changed (with a new name).    Fortunately, I bought a new tube a couple of months ago because I am virtually out (you know when you squeeze the tube so hard at the tip that your thumb hurts?).  Lucky for me!

nebel

Ooh good topic!

Not for me, but for my mom.  

Years and years ago, Sephora had a shade of one of the $5 lip pencils that my mom dubbed "the perfect shade"   Then, one day they changed the line and that shade (it was a cool toned purple pink, almost lavender but not quite) was gone.  For literally two years my mother would go into Sephora with the little stub she had left and well-meaning sales people would swatch every. single. liner. the store carried trying to find a dupe.  We never found one.  She still pulls it out and tries to find a replacement sometimes.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

i hope one day she will find it

clarks18

MAC had a kohl eyeliner called Foxy Lady.  It was a really vibrant deep red metallic color.  It made my green eyes stand out so much.  I bought it many different times.  Then when I was down to a stub one day I went to buy more and it had been discontinued :smileysad:  It seriously broke my heart.  I have not been able to find a color that looks anything like that.  Why MAC why?! 

michmo

(0) Hearts

I'm a little worried that a product I mentioned yesterday is being phased out.  The Lorac I'm so sensitive primer.  I found it in my local SiJCP, but Sephora doesn't even have it online now.  I asked the person in the store, but she didn't seem to know anything.  

I'm hoping I will be able to find it in stores, but I don't know.  

I have seen ulta carries it online.  

I just hope it doesn't go away.   

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

i also have to go to ulta now for my Cargo, because Sephora no longer sells it :smileysad:

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

I wish I could remember the names of them, but there were a few Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes that I missed out on and wanted really badly at the time.  :-/

Also, some of the Sephora Favorites sets -- all the makeup ones that came out this year, as well as the most recent perfume one that's no longer in stock...the sets are my absolute favorite thing to get at Sephora, so I always feel really bummed when I miss out on one. I'm reallyyyy hoping that the makeup set that's out right now will continue to be on sale a bit longer (ie, September, when I start my job) b/c I must have it!! Fingers crossed!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified
    • dolceloure
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski