pinkonyx

The one that got away...

I think we have all experienced that moment where you go to get one of your favorite beauty products only to be let down when the store clerk tells you, "Sorry mam that item has been discontinued".  :smileysad:

So here's the question, Has any of your favorite products meet the unfortunate discontinued list? and were you ever able to find something similar?

(My product would be Cargo's Wet/Dry foundation and no I've yet to find a replacement!!!) p.s this is my first post so sorry for any mistakes.

pinkonyx

Re: The one that got away...

(0) Hearts

I bought one of the discontinued Kat Von D eye shadow pallets, they go on so nice. 

arielaaaaaaaa

Murad Exfoliating Pomegranate Mask. I'm so in love with this and just found out it's bee discontinued. :smileysad: Luckily i have a packet and a half left so i will make it stretch!! I am hopeful that the OH Blueberry Enzyme Mask will be similar!

jinxski

[ Edited ]

Aw, this is a great first post, girl! :smileyhappy:

I used to love the Orange Sapphire scent from B&BW... I know a ton of people didn't like it, but I loved how it smelled, haha

Haven't been able to find anything similar, but I haven't tried looking too hard either.

The Stila Lash Visor was another thing I was absolutely in love with, bought three full bottles of the stuff! This is coming from a girl who switches her mascara religiously, I just love trying them out.

Ahh I'm sure there's always something new coming out! :smileyhappy:

pinkonyx

@lcresz, the worst is when perfume is discontinued because they are so unique and hard to replace!

@rikkie I also wait till the last minute to get limited edition things, its like you know you want it but you figure you can wait just a little, then bam its gone!

(I am writing back this way because when I click reply to it says sorry unable to complete request)

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

@pinkonyx  I had to download Mozilla Firefox (it's free) to be able to reply.  I used to get the same response.

rikkie

I always think "next time I'll get it for sure!" and then a couple months go by and I swear a black hole has swallowed every single one of that item that ever existed. Tarte Aqualillies Palette, why did you do this to meeeee?? 

LCResz

Great first post :smileyhappy:

Most of yay favorite perfumes have been discontinued or reformulated, but thankfully there are plenty of lovely fragrances out there to choose from. I still miss Donna Karan Chaos though.

windxi014

(0) Hearts

I totally feel ya on this one. I miss my Dior Addict Shine!

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I was upset for over a year when Vera Wang's Rock Princess disappeared. Although I haven't found a real replacement for it, there are other good ones. *sigh*

rikkie

I don't know if it counts, but I have the worst habit of falling in love with something limited edition and then totally going back and both on whether to buy it now or not or later or not until eventually it is gone and NOWHERE has it all of a sudden. SO. MANY. TIMES. 

I should learn my lesson one day but I don't know if I ever will. I did convince myself to order the Urban Decay OZ palettes, but I hesitated on Ariel and know there is a store with Jasmine palettes lurking inside but still haven't talked myself into picking one up, haha. I'm going to miss my chance. Again. And then kick myself forever. Again. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified
    • dolceloure
    • beautylovingirl
    • jinxski