The Throwback Thread!!!

I've been thinking about the "good old days" a lot lately and having a lot of flashbacks of things I used to love or find funny. So I thought I'd start a thread to share our favs from the past whenever the moment hits. Anything and everything welcomed!

6057-24846-1.jpg

Re: The Throwback Thread!!!

(0) Hearts

If this guy were on etsy, I'd totally pay him to make me one of these - 

3d.JPG

3d1.JPG

@virgo87posted about The Babysitter's Club back in December.. anyway I was at Barnes and Noble today returning a 6.5lb!!! coffee table book and saw this:

IMG_7719.JPG

I guess it's called a graphic novel now? it looks like an extra-long comic book to me!  this is just not the same at all!

Definitely interesting that they are still trying to keep the idea alive.

I saw this at a bookstore, too! Definitely not the same, but my life aspiration is still to become Claudia Kishi. 

OMG who remembers Student Bodies??? Possible reunion!!!! OMG!

16806932_1429294037115932_2490039091200046225_n.jpg

pics from FB

I saw that on FB too. I sure hope a reunion happens. 

@virgo87me too Smiley Happy

I'm still sad about Pout Cosmetics. I discovered them in 2006 at Holt Renfrew and by 2007 they were gone. Amazing brushes, and their packaging was adorable! 

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

A long time ago, the Nordstrom near me got a new line of makeup that intrigued me.  They claimed to be the best for complexion and didn't airbrush their models for ad campaigns. Anyway, these photos look so messy, but it was because, and they had the Most egorgeous shimmer pressed and loose powders and cream makeup. It was Becca, and I was a sad when they left, and then so happy when they popped back up at Sephora. 

Anyway, here's a cream blush eyeshadow and concealer on the left, loose powders Hyawatha and Aphrodite, pressed powder in Mermaid, and a loose setting powder on the far right.

I'm pretty sure I had more, like the mermaid in loose powder, but found these tonight. Swatch with flash shows from L-R: mermaid, Aphrodite, hyawatha is the warm one.  These were before highlighters, so these were intended as an overall setting powder, I kind of packed them on for swatch purposes.  Will have to use these again one day. Did anyone Else use becca before they came to Sephora?

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

I did @sister13! I loved their sheer illuminating foundation, and they had the best line of pigmented lip glosses. I used to buy their products from a local specialty boutique long before Sephora even came to my city. 

O! M! G!  I'm totally geeking out over here...this is real  shock.JPG

death.JPG

star-wars-levitating-death-star-speaker-hellosy-12

Spoiler
Gonna have to work some overtime...this baby is $200 on Amazon

death1.JPG

@niki172 ^^^this could be us!  

This is soooooo amazing!  @ZombieMetroAnt

[ Edited ]

I *need* this!!!!!!! Can you imagine this being on your desk? So much awesomeness Smiley Surprised

Spoiler
images.jpg

@ZombieMetroAnt

LMAO!!! Too funny!!!!  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

That is hilarious!  @niki172  Dying!!! 😂😂😂

@niki172 I knew you'd understand!!  Heart 

(0) Hearts

dsafasdf

[ Edited ]

When you are asked to get a nitelight...try to get one that'll remind you what a bada$$ you were at the arcade as a kid!!  0.JPG

Pac-Man USB Ghost Lamp

Spoiler
Yes kids, your moms initials are out there somewhere as # 1 player on a Mrs Pac-Man arcade game - sweet dreams!

night.JPG

I have the same night light in my room 😬

@ZombieMetroAnt I had a dream about Ms Pac man last night. 

The machine only took 2 dimes and not quarters, lol.  And the game was not the version I remember   .