Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

I've been trying to get this! The bag looks nice, how long are they running the promo for? 

@annypoo Promo was for Friday & Saturday only, sorry 😞 maybe some stores have extras? It's worth a shot if you really want it...

@gonerogue Thanks! I was just wondering since I'll be going tomorrow. No big deal 🙂

Love the packaging and the colour is gourgeous on you!

That color looks beautiful on you! I managed to snag this the day it was released, but sadly, it pulls almost pastel neon on me 😞  I love corals and the packaging is divine, but sadly, this lippie was not for me.

Your picture of the pouch has convinced me to go pick one up!

I didn't even bother looking for that lipstick in my Sephora today but I wish I had! 

I laughed so hard when I got a pouch, it's the perfect size for my 13" MacBook Pro but I keep wondering why it's so big 

@malday Great idea, I'm definitely doing that!

That handle is what gets me- I just imagine putting it on your wrist & having the Titanic of clutches just swinging around HAHAHA

Omg great idea!!! I had no idea what id use it for but im thinking my laptop may fit 😁 @malday

It's so pretty! I was just admiring this on the website today. The color looks great on you too.

ohmgosh! i totally forgot about the clutch! hopefully i can make it in tomorrow!

@sabrinas Which lipstick is that? It's gorgeous on you.

@TKLJ its the coral gypsophilia lipstick! Ive been on the wait list for it to come back in stock online since before the 15% off deal and its never come back so I was stoked to find it in my local store!

@sabrinas That is stunning on you, I need to get my hands on it!

Surprisingly, there weren't a lot of people in the store I visited today, for once (It's always packed, but I guess most people will be going tomorrow?), & they still had boxes of clutches left. I couldn't believe the size of it! I don't know if they had run out of big shopping bags, but the SA gave me a small one & had to fold a couple times & jam the clutch in it so it would fit lol. I got a bunch of things as well, & I couldn't carry the shopping bag by the handles, it was too small.

Also, when I was in line to check out, the SA rang a bell for someone & said, "Happy Birthday!" And then did the same thing for the next person in line.. And for me as well, so I thought it was a joke or something & just laughed it off, but when I got home & looked in my bag, I realized she gave me the Caudalie birthday gift.. My birthday was in January & I redeemed the Tarte gift then haha. Well, now I have another thing to give to my mom for Mother's Day! 🙂

In addition, they had the Dior 500 point reward, so I told her I wanted to redeem it, & the SA said, "You have 2,000 points! You could get 4!" I said, No, one is fine lol! 😄

@ohheyitscindykYour SA has such a fun personality! I love talking to SAs like that haha!

@Guessgal I was hesitant about going in to that store because I always have a bad experience, but it was the only one around that had what I wanted in stock.

Unfortunately, I'll have to exchange one of the things I got, as well as the Dior pouch, because it's scratched up, but I'm happy I stopped by! The SA made it worth it 🙂

@sabrinas what material is the outside and inside?

@ashacroo Its sorta a scuba type material, its hard to describe! I dont remember the inside tho (im not home to check)

that is by far the most beautiful colour I've ever seen! and it looks amazing on you!!

@sabrinas That lipstick is absolutely beautiful on you! 

OMG your photo drew me into this thread! It looks phenomenal on you and I know what looks good on you will probably look good on me since we have kind of similar undertones! 😄 Never even considered this one... I'm gonna have to see if I can find this lipstick!!

I was planning to pop by Sephora to flash my card and pick up the pouch too  before my hair appointment 😄

Edit: Noooo store locator says nothing in stock within 100 km 😞 Oh well, I guess I'll pop by Sephora anyway.

I think the lesson here is to have multiple beauty insider accounts and stop using any particular one before it hits rouge. 

testing