Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Happy New Year All!

I debated starting this thread again but since I  - inexplicably 😉 - made Rouge again, I figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the Great Rouge Experiment - Part 2.  My rouge status is good until December 31, 2017.  Last year we documented every "Rouge-only" perk to determine whether being Rouge was "worth it"  And I figured we can do it again this year to see if the program is getting better (or worse).

Just like last year, every Rouge-only perk or event that I hear about will go on this thread and if you hear anything please please please add it to this year-long running list.  And then on December 31, 2017 we can really assess whether it is worth the extra $600+ to be Rouge and if the Rouge program in general is improving.

Mods, last year this thread was moved to the Rouge-only area which I don't think was helpful to non-Rouge BIs who are wondering about the program.  I'd really like to keep the thread here if you don't mind.  Thanks!

January - 0.5 - Canada's "luckyrouge" event for Chinese New Year

February - 1 - 0.5 -  Sephora x Ren event in NYC

and

0.5 - in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

March 1 - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

April 0.5 - +1 for an extra day of shopping during the spring sale but -1 for no points multiplier like the BIs got. +0.5 for IGK hair event in Chicago. It cost 2500 points.

May 1.5 - +1 point for the flash your card event (the one with the huge makeup bag) and +0.5 for the preview event in Canada for this weekend's closed door event (It was still technically May lol).  

June 1.5 - +.5 for the US part of the Fall Preview Event and +1 for the $15 coupon

July 1 - +1 for Rouge-only coupon: $20 off of $100 or more.

August - +2  +1 for the extra day and 1 for the extra multiplier during the Summer Splurge Points multiplier event

September - +2  = +1 and the Sweaty Betty points event +.5 and a Bumble and Bumble event +.5 for a total of 2 points.  Not bad.

October - 0

November - +2 = +1 for each weekend that Rouges got 20% off

December - +1 for the extra $5 off of $50 that Rouges received over VIBs with the coupon

Yearly Total - 13 (better than last year! https://community.sephora.com/t5/Rouge/The-Great-Rouge-Experiment/td-p/2324064 )

Re: The Great Rouge Experiment 2

Something for May!

A Rouge Flash Your Card Event will be happening next Friday & Saturday, the 12th & 13th!

Rouge2017FYCEvent.PNG

This may be a better quality picture of the clutch, from the app:

Spoiler
image1.JPG

And here are the details:

Spoiler
Rouge2017FYCEventDetails.PNG

So closed door events are no more 😞 

@ohheyitscindyk  Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, I'm not excited at all since makeovers are free all the time for Rouges. I also don't need another makeup bag (Not going to wear a Sephora bag as a clutch), but I have to admit the design is cute.

@KatieJiang I got so excited when I saw "event".. I agree, it's cute, but I won't wear it out as a clutch & I have a ton of makeup bags already. I won't get a makeover or a fragrance consultation, so I would only be going for the bag. I think if I'm by a Sephora, I'll pop in, but I don't know if it's worth making a trip for.

@ohheyitscindyk  I just wish it was filled with deluxe goodies!

@KatieJiang Wouldn't that be nice! Even if there were just a few.. And I feel like it'd get more people in the door.

Anonymous Insider

May Day! May Day!

Even with the Spring sale, we managed to net out at 0 0.5 Rouge events for April.  Hear me out.  Rouges got an extra day to shop which would generally be +1 right?  But then at the end of the sale the BIs got 2x the points... and Rouges didn't. So -1, since Rouges are supposed to get all the perks of the other tiers and more.  Right? Right?

Let me know if you think I'm being too harsh?  Should I subtract only half a point?

Aside from the Spring sale, there was an IGK hair event in Chicago for Rouges.  It cost 2500 points.  + 0.5 for location specific event.

Just saw this thread and am letting you know that there was a Rouge event in Chicago last week at the end of April. It was for IGK hair products and cost 2500 points for 2 people. Guests got a gift bag and

i think a t-shirt, plus could talk to stylists and the founders of the company. I couldn't go but they did post a few short videos from it on either Sephora's Instagram stories or Snapchat. 

Bummer about the point cost, but then these things book up so fast when they're free. 

Anonymous Insider

@ultraceruleanThanks! I'll update the OP

I think removing the point for the extra day of the sale because BI got 2x points is completely fair. I personally would have rather had 2x points than the extra day.

Anonymous Insider

We had soooooo many Rouge events in March!... APRIL FOOLS (Is it funny yet?)

We had 1 Rouge event in March - the selfie light gift with purchase event.

Unless I'm missing something...?

I think that's all I saw too! I didn't end up getting the light though, haha

Anonymous Insider

It's March y'all. There were 2 location specific Rouge events in February:

One was the Sephora x Ren event in NYC (that looked like it was pretty awesome, see here for more http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB-ROUGE/Sephora-X-REN-VIB-ROUGE-Event/m-p/2695485#M51781 )

The other was an in-store event in Canada with a really cute red VIB Rouge bag.

Location specific events are 1/2 a point each so February's total is 1.

Did I miss any?

Cant wait to see if there will be any amazing rouge events this year, since its my first year being rouge, and the event in Canada looked amazing, so hopefully LA will have something like that.

BREAKING NEWS! 00.JPG

The SiJCP SA told me there's going to be a Rouge Event on 3/10 & 3/11 with access to LE items but the store won't be closed.  I'm in Los Angeles and she said only 50 stores were participating - totally forgot to ask if there was a GWP.  I'll have to remember that question next time I'm there. 

Details are up! @ZombieMetroAnt @Anonymous 

MarchEvent.PNG

MarchEvent2.PNG

I was at an SiJCP last night, & the SA told me that the event is not just for Rouges. I looked on the SiJCP website & it does not mention anything about the event being a Rouge exclusive event, despite the app & standalone Sephora saying so.

I called another SiJCP to check, & the SA said the same thing. So it seems like the SiJCPs will not just be Rouge exclusive, but the standalone stores will?

The second SiJCP's SA also told me that there will be brand-specific GWPs. But you won't have to buy a brand's product to get that GWP. For example, you could buy a Smashbox product & get the Becca GWP.

In addition, the SA didn't mention anything about the selfie light, & I see that it is not mentioned in the SiJCP ad, so I'm not sure if SiJCPs will have those.

SiJCP Event.PNG

Hello! Its not a rouge exclusive event, just the selfie light is rouge exclusive. I guess they wont give you the gwp unless you are rouge. Kind of like the umbrella last year. they were doing facials for everyone and only giving free umbrellas to rouges (when they made a purchase).

@sabinad Ahh got it, thanks for clearing it up! 🙂

I am not getting the 'Event' part????? Lol!!!!

Does anyone knows if NYC SiJCPenney is holding this event?

2 Replies
testing