Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The GIVENCHY Thread.

givenchy is one of the luxury beauty brands that has a firm place in my heart. my first luxury lipstick (rouge interdit in 'pretty rose') was givenchy, and i treasured it. 

i'm not exactly on top of 'new releases' as such (though of course i'll share here as i stumble upon news), but i wanted to create a space for my fellow Givenchy beauty lovers !

here are 2 dated adverts from 2011 but i lovvvve them and and find them apt for the brand:

givenchy-beauty-ss-2011.jpg

givenchyaw11.jpg

Re: The GIVENCHY Thread.

Swatch of the ss17 coral gypsophila lipsrkcm

IMG_9689.JPG

@Mochapj Hey! I also asked you on Insta but you didn't respond 😛 Do you find it has a white base? Or no? I love the color but if it has that white chalky undertone then I wont be able to wear it 😞

Hey @sabrinas 

I never saw your question, which is why I didn't answer 😛

That said, I don't really know how to answer your question.

All corals tend to have a white base to some extent to give them brightness.  This one is no different. It's a bit pastel-y/neon on my skin tone so I don't know if that's what you're after.

Ahh, I love this. Sad I missed it on the CA side; hopefully it really is "coming soon" again...

Back in stock for US so hopefully soon for you. 

I got that stupid email saying it's back in stock but then when i click on the link, it is still saying "Coming soon" 😞

@AMK721@eadelaide1@lipstick4soul

The two items below are available for pre-sale at Saks. Maybe the lipsticks will follow shortly

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 5.31.03 PM.png

Thank you @veronika23!  I can't wait for the highlighter!  

Thanks for the tag @veronika23. Seems like we have been waiting forever for the lipsticks...

@lipstick4soul  yeah those darn lipsticks... I hope Sephora Canada gets them!!!

And of course thanks for the heads up about the summer collection powder @veronika23! 😃

Maybe this is a silly question ... but does anyone know if the Saks stores (in Canada) carry Givenchy cosmetics? Or is it just online from Saks...? I've never been to any of the Saks stores since they opened...so I have no clue lol. 

@justj3nno problem 🙂

You might wanna ask that question in the Canadian thread as well... Just more people would see it that way 🙂  I haven't been so I can't tell you. 😞

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/The-Canadian-Peeps-Deals-News-Events-amp-Whatever/m-p/2094847#...

Ermahgerd!! Finger's crossed! Thanks for the mention @veronika23 🙂

I apologise in advance for being a downer on a well loved brand thread.  

This is Givenchy Teint Couture in 7-Elegant Ginger.  The shade description on Sephora is:

"DARK with warm yellow undertones".

Givenchy nonsense.jpg

In which world is this "dark"???  

If Givenchy wants to cater to a limited skintone range, so be it.  I don't bloody care.  Just don't use words like "dark" when you wouldn't begin to know what it means.  

FUG.

@greenchilli I think we have a very similar complexion and I absolutely agree with you this is by no means dark.... 

The new Guerlain Bronzers: Ultra Shine, Ultra Matte, and 3 shades of contour bronzers, will be out in May, according to IG. They all look really nice!

I swear this mascara looks like a switchblade 😄

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 4.17.43 PM.png

For those hard to reach places...Swiffer 360 Duster, er, I mean Givenchy's mascara...:P

Image result for swiffer duster 360 duster

well. this isn't the first time givenchy has released a mascara that alludes to a torture device..... 😉

to be fair, the phenomen'eyes mascara *is* gimmicky, but i find i really really love it as a bottom lash mascara. and it just looks so friggin cool.

I'll give you that, Phenomen'eyes is really cool looking.

I'm curious in this photo what the other black blobs on the counter are. 

Random sequins?  Chunks of mascara?

1 Reply
testing