Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The GIVENCHY Thread.

givenchy is one of the luxury beauty brands that has a firm place in my heart. my first luxury lipstick (rouge interdit in 'pretty rose') was givenchy, and i treasured it. 

i'm not exactly on top of 'new releases' as such (though of course i'll share here as i stumble upon news), but i wanted to create a space for my fellow Givenchy beauty lovers !

here are 2 dated adverts from 2011 but i lovvvve them and and find them apt for the brand:

givenchy-beauty-ss-2011.jpg

givenchyaw11.jpg

Re: The GIVENCHY Thread.

IMG_2442.JPGSwatches of the holiday quad

Pretty! How do you like it @Mochapj?

I do @veronika23! The mustard yellow gold, especially.  The formula is very dense and gel like, similar to MUFE i'd say.

I wore it friday and it doesn't photograph as beautifully as IRL but here it is - all shades used: copper and bronze on lid, gold inner corner, rose gold lower lashline.

Spoiler
IMG_2443.PNG

This is a classic beauty look. I love it! I put this on my love list ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @Mochapj ๐Ÿ™‚ Pretty! It's on my loves list but unsure still if I will be getting it... I really want the PM stuff and I've been spending a bit too much lol

image.jpegHoliday palette and lipstick at Barneys

They also have the Prisme Libre @lipstick4soul!

Thanks! I was hoping for that too. 

IMG_20161002_041211_102.jpg

Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick was my first Sephora purchase โค๏ธ

My Givenchy treasures.

Aside from these I also own mascaras in some of their more colourful LE shades, including the recent summer 'city' packaging, but there isn't much exciting to see about a tube of mascara, so I skipped those ๐Ÿ˜‰  

The star (hahaha) of my collection is that Kyoto edition in the back; it was my birthday present to myself this year and was handmade in Japan. It came with 5 of the lipsticks shown and you could choose which 5 you wanted.

Closed

image.jpeg

Open

image.jpeg

I am in awe @Mochapj! Beautiful collection!

Beautiful!  @Mochapj  could you please tell me which shade of lipstick is the purplish one on the far right of your stash?  Thanks.  I think that would really work for me (and I wonder if I already have it!) 

@Ispend2much6 that is from this year's fall collection - it is called Heroic Pink (even though it's clearly not pink, LOL)

@Mochapj  Thank you!  I was really hoping I could just go "shopping" for it in my own stash, but I guess I'll have to actually pay cash for it. ๐Ÿ™‚

crying.

OMG awesome! Ok I am jelly of the confetti powder and the noirs en folie palette from a few seasons ago. I wasn't able to find that one... Where did you get this year's palette @Mochapj. I know Sephora doesn't have it and not aware of any other Canadian retailers that carry it.

@veronika23 you would never believe where I found the noirs en folie!? (Winners)

I want to say I got it around 9 months ago.  I'm lucky my local store puts all the high end stuff in theftproof boxes so it was pristine.  It wasn't something I'd actively been looking for, but when I saw the packaging I was like ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Will PM you about the others.

OMG @Mochapj you are soo lucky!!!  Mine never has high end... ok maybe once Burberry but I don't think I saw Givenchy... Lucky lady! THX!

WOW! That is a stunning collection! That lipstick case is a piece of art. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Randell!

Excited for this thread!  I'd thought of starting one a few times this year but I assumed since we didn't have one there wasn't enough interest on BT, LOL.

I'm going to try to remember to photograph some of my more precious Givenchy items to share at some point this week ๐Ÿ˜‰

10 Replies
testing