Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  Faith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

Yes, folks - it's really gonna happen! 

a1.PNG

Spoiler
Look at these live musicals, aren't they neat? From Grease Live! to Hairspray Live! to Peter Pan Live!, wouldn't you think the collection's complete?

Turns out, it's not. The Little Mermaid Live! will be joining the ranks of live TV musicals this fall. It will be ABC's first live musical (the other titles have all aired on either NBC or Fox). Set to air on October 3, ABC announced that this live musical would be different than ones TV audiences have seen before—due to some special technical touches.

"In a two-hour special event, ABC will take the iconic The Little Mermaid animated feature film and intertwine it with show-stopping live musical performances via cutting-edge technology for an explosive evening honoring one of Walt Disney's most celebrated classics," according to ABC's announcement. "Fans of The Little Mermaid and Alan Menken and Howard Ashman's Oscar-winning songs will enjoy this never-before-seen live action/animation hybrid television experience featuring a soon-to-be-announced roster of some of their favorite celebrity artists, whose performances will weave seamlessly throughout the original animated film."

The Little Mermaid Live! isn't the only reboot of the underwater tale Disney fans will be seeing in the near future. In fact, three other major motion pictures based on the story are in the works. Disney is producing a live-action reimagining, with Hamilton's Lin-Manuel Miranda and the film's original composer, Alan Menken, working on new music. Universal is working on a version as well, based on Hans Christian Andersen's 1837 original (and much darker) fairy tale.

Although there are no release dates for those two films, Conglomerate Media and Kingsway Productions are also working on a version of The Little Mermaid, based on Andersen's fairy tale, set to hit theaters sometime this summer. If any of these upcoming productions are seeking an Ariel, Lindsay Lohan is definitely interested.

How interesting is this?

0.JPG

2.JPG

Spoiler
1.JPG3.JPG
alice-wonderland-classical-animation-kathryn-beaumont-gif-1
4.JPG

@willa25, have you seen this video

This is pretty cool! 🙂

@ZombieMetroAnt, I actually had never seen. Thank you so much for thinking of me like this!!! Yes, my fascination with Alice is a little out of control sometimes.. LOL @Mcakes

This is really neat! Thanks for sharing @ZombieMetroAnt ❤️ You're going to really enjoy this @willa25 😄

18485521_10155801766279879_4286220994259297204_n.jpg

LOL 😄

Man I miss Boy Meets World, such a great show! Also I was just thinking about Even Stevens because of that new foundation that The Balm came out with. 

Hi everyone! So sorry I've been MIA on BT and this thread. 

Wanted to let you know there is a Pirates of the Caribbean event happening on HSN starting May 17th.  The promo say shopping starts 5/17 and the tv event is on 5/24.

I don't have a lot of information and can't find any pics of the items.  Judging from the promo below, I know jewelry from Heidi Daus, King Baby and Jewels by Jen will be featured.  I bet they will also have the LORAC collection and I'm curious to see if they will offer them in some sort of bundle.  I will update as I get more info. 

IMG_4893.JPG

ACK! How cool is this...

1.PNG

This is super cool!  I wonder how long the glow in the dark ink lasts.... This totally would have been a blast back in my clubbing days! @ZombieMetroAnt

1939764_829902863692796_328128110_n.jpg

DOUG THE PUG!

Spoiler

@lmi82 😂 hilarious! Doug the Pug cracks me up. But I'd like to say that my lil Leota did Moana first 😂

Here she is around ten years ago. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

IMG_0603.JPG

Hi Moana (née Leota)!  Heart

Related image

I love this picture @pixiedust2!  Have you considered getting her an agent? Cat Happy

Stopped in for the pug bikini and was not disappointed!  Love it @pixiedust2 !!

@pixiedust2 OMG OMG OMG! Your little pug is the cutest!

happy excited scream jonah hill elated GIF

@lmi82 hahaha! That gif makes me laugh every time! Thank you! 

000.JPGOMG @lmi82 Doug the Pug is a very talented, ahem, actress!  LOL!  

00000000.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

Spoiler
Here's some news that'll have your (mouse) ears perking up: Disney just announced a whole slate of release dates for its upcoming movies, and now we finally know when to expect highly anticipated fare like Frozen 2 and Disney's live-action remake of The Lion King. That's the good news. The bad news? The wait for each movie isn't exactly short.

Frozen 2 will breeze into theaters in time for Thanksgiving…two long years from now, on November 27, 2019, according to Entertainment Weekly. The sequel is expected to reunite the gang from the original, though there's no word on exactly what future icy adventures await.

Elsewhere, in warmer climates, a tweet by director Jon Favreau confirms that The Lion King, the latest in Disney's efforts to turn classic animated musicals into live-action (or, in the case of The Lion King, eerily lifelike CGI) experiences, will hit theaters on July 19, 2019. It's set to star Donald Glover as Simba, with James Earl Jones as Mufasa, and Beyoncé (!) reportedly considering voicing Nala. Heart 

Two other major movies to get new release dates are the next Indiana Jones movie, which is now set for July 2020, and Disney's adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time, starring Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, and Mindy Kaling. The latter movie, which will debut March 9, 2018, is directed by Ava DuVernay, a distinction that makes DuVernay the first woman of color to direct a live-action movie with a budget of $100 million or more. DuVernay is also only the third woman overall to reach that milestone, after Kathryn Bigelow and Patty Jenkins did so for 2002’s K-19: The Widowmaker and the upcoming Wonder Woman, respectively.

Also on the upcoming Disney calendar: Wreck-It Ralph sequel Ralph Breaks the Internet, a mouthful of a title that may now be too real for these times, comes out November 21, 2018; a Tangled treatment of the "Jack and the Beanstalk" story, called Gigantic, opens November 25, 2020; and Magic Camp, a comedy about rookie magicians, hits theaters April 6, 2018.

Now that you've got all of that scratched into the crevices of your day planner, the excruciating wait begins.

Interesting... I'm probably the only one thinking this but I wonder if they'll do a 3rd National Treasure. Thx for posting!

Cat Happy I'm sure Nicholas Cage is asking the same question @veronika23

Spoiler
p.s. have you seen his Disney memes? LOL!!

Image result for funny nic cage gif
testing