Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  Faith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

PLEASE tell me that this isn't true! WTF Disney!  

jnjmcxcdkmdxk.PNG

Image result for mulan dishonor gif

Image result for mulan dishonor gif

At this point, I wish they would stop doing these remakes. Classics are classics for a reason and just shouldn't be messed with. Hopefully, Disney will listen to the public outcry and make the appropriate changes before the film starts production. Otherwise, this film is going to be a train-wreck. 😞

I don't understand why they have to mess with the classics in this way. It sounds like this live-action Mulan is going down in flames already.

I still haven't watched Beauty & The Beast but I didn't really care for the other ones so far. 

@lylysa Girl, I would still audition if you can pass for that age so you can correct the wrong that they're doing. They always cast folks in the 20's and sometimes 30's for 'teenage' roles. I would audition if I could speak Mandarin as well.

Anyway the whole Mulan pre-production is something to watch and side-eye right now.... 🤔 

If I were younger and spoke Mandarin instead of Cantonese I'd audition....bringing an army of angry BT'ers with me to correct all the fail/wrong with this. 😛

I did see an article on Screen Rant that said the director did now say there will be songs in the movie, but it won't center around them.

They really have a knack for wrecking stuff. I HATED the Snow White movie. The Evil Queen was ridiculous. Why reimagine such an iconic Disney character? Blonde and icy was just wrong, wrong, wrong! She's the OG Villain! Leave her be. 

I will say I enjoyed Maleficent. Her backstory was so sad and I liked the cinematography. And I'll still see Beauty & the Beast because it looks pretty good. But everything else has just been a mess. 

OMG!  Loved Maleficent!  I cried my eyes out, though!   @pixiedust2

IMG_0828.GIF

I've seen Beauty and the Beast twice and now my grandma wants to go, so if she is up to it, I may take her next week!  ❤️

I also thought Cinderella was beautifully done and Helen Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother was epic! 💗💗💗

I haven't seen Snow White or Maleficent. But I did enjoy Beauty & the Beast, the changes they made weren't major. I didn't like the Jungle Book remake, I couldn't even finish that movie. Haven't seen Cinderella either. 

@pixiedust2 Yeah, I didn't like Snow White and the Huntsman that much either. It's mainly because of who was cast as Snow White (she cannot act!). However, I don't consider it a Disney remake (it was actually made by Roth Films & Universal Pictures). It's much more of a Brothers Grimm based film. There have been rumors of an actual Disney live-action remake, though.

Maleficent was okay (I also liked the backstory) and I am planning on seeing Beauty and the Beast, too. I also didn't mind the Cinderella remake (it was kind of forgettable, though).

I just wish Disney would put it's efforts into new stories rather than messing with the classics. I mean they change so much about the oldies anyway, so why not just come up with something new? It's like they're just taking the easy way out. More original films, like Moana, would be a much smarter move.

Ew. This one sounds horrible.

@lmi82 I've decided to boycott all future live action remakes from Disney. They're terrible and make me so angry. 

@natalie12 I completely agree with you and I'm probably going to end up doing the same thing. 

disney cartoons & comics max frustrated sigh GIF

No. Just no. I agree, classics are classics for a reason. They need to just chill and revisit the whole remake thing in a couple of decades at least 😛 

yah this is so disappointing, I am most definitely boycotting if it is going down this road 😞 

A+ gif usage because this is ridiculous. 😞

"But after learning his rival is a woman" she automatically goes from rival to prospective love interest? ...Because obviously a woman couldn't be a) both or b) neither of those things. 

"...intense feelings of rivalry turn into something very different, something like love" makes me want to punch myself in the face.

"Something like love"....so not love...just something LIKE it.

-_-

It's like they're writing really really awful fanfic of their own property. 

378363_492084917487804_1780782918_n.jpg

This is so cute!  @Samtian

Really cute Limited bags and pillows at Disney Store right for BATB, only through Sunday. Plus you get a cute little makeup pouch with any of these purchases. 

IMG_3048.JPG

181996_1342467956483_full.jpg

A few of my favorites from Buzzfeed's "If You Love Disney, These Magical Makeup Looks Will Make You Swoon" post. 🙂

sub-buzz-11894-1488475519-11.png.jpg

Spoiler
sub-buzz-12016-1488475553-3.png.jpg
sub-buzz-11528-1488474718-3.png.jpg
sub-buzz-13475-1488478218-1.png.jpg
sub-buzz-27990-1488475821-1.png.jpg
sub-buzz-27867-1488475925-11.png.jpg
sub-buzz-12809-1488477040-11.png.jpg
sub-buzz-13292-1488477803-1.png.jpg
sub-buzz-27906-1488475719-1.png.jpg
sub-buzz-28497-1488477071-9.png.jpg
sub-buzz-29036-1488477899-3.png.jpg