Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  Faith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

Oohhh...this is dangerous!  I cannot let my 5-yr old see this post!!  We already collected way too many (although I might get that Dumbo one for myself @Randell 😉💕). Thanks for posting!!

Juicy Couture Beauty and the Beast collection.

WTF with those prices, though? Did they really have to use Swarovski? The blue jacket is pretty, but not $698 pretty. How did they think this was a good idea? WOW. Just wow. 

kskskak.PNG

kakaka.PNG

Seriously, Juicy Couture?

IMG_0539.GIF

@Tamara76 Perfect gif! 😄

"Jacket" Haha, no. Those are sweatshirts.

@vchotia Hahaha yeah they really are more like sweatshirts.

Also, I love your avatar! 🙂

Oh yeah @vchotia Cat Happy  like @Tamara76 said - nice avatar!  One of our black kittens is named after this little guy Heart 

Thanks @lmi82 and @ZombieMetroAnt! I was going to use a Figaro and Cleo pic, but I really am a cat lover so Figaro it is!

oh I love that stained glass rose jacket! But I agree yikes $698 is pricey. 

emily.JPG

emily1.JPG

Spoiler
Details about the sequel have been relatively under wraps, though we do know that it will focus on Mary's original charges, a now grown-up Michael and Jane, who are still in need of some cheering up from their former nanny. The film is set in 1930s Depression-era London and chronicles Mary's return to the Banks home on Cherry Tree Lane after Michael, who's now a father of three, suffers a personal loss. Also set to appear in the film are Lin-Manuel Miranda, who plays a streetlamp lighter, Meryl Streep as Mary’s cousin Topsy, Colin Firth as a banker William Weatherall Wilkins, and Julie Walters, who takes on the role of the housekeeper Ellen. D-ick Van D-yke, who starred in the original Mary Poppins as chimney sweep Bert, will also make a special appearance in the new film.

Usually messing with a classic annoys the living daylights out of me, but I'm actually excited about this one. I think Emily Blunt is going to make an excellent Mary Poppins! 🙂

Also, I LOVE her coat!

I love Emily Blunt! I think she'll be great too. 

I agree @lmi82! Some classics should be left alone. They are classics for a reason! 

Agreed!

I just found this app on IOS! It's called Shop Disney Parks. 

IMG_2877.JPG

I think they have more things here than the Disney Store. So worth a look, especially if you're looking for Magic Kingdom stuff. 

EDIT to confirm there is way more stuff on the app. I just bought these and I was able to use my AP discount. WOOHOO!

IMG_2879.JPG

Love the app, the AP discount usually convinces me to buy more than I should lol

Why would you do this to me?!?!  More cool stuff to buy..... @pixiedust2

Evil Queen 👸🏻 Heart Box 😍 

I wonder if they actually have a real box. That would make for a really cute jewelry box. 

Haha! Yes, VERY dangerous! It also has a map feature for finding items while you're at the park. 

Also, they release the Disney Parks exclusive Tsum on the App first. And, obviously, best part, they apply your AP discount. 

Eek!!!  That box is so flipping adorable...wonder if Android has this app too.  Thanks @pixiedust2! 💕

I have a little story. When I was a kid, I had a VHS tape of GoodTimes Entertainment's Beauty and The Beast (1992) & The Three Musketeers (1992). I'm pretty sure they were on the same tape. Must have been a double film VHS.

Spoiler
51RW778CHPL.jpg
51G926HQACL.jpg
Spoiler
I think the videos were distributed by more than one company. 
The Beauty and the Beast one is on youtube. I guess it takes a childlike wonder to be able to look past the animation quality. I thought this was the best back in the day. LOL.

Anyway, I loved these two films and watched them all the time. However, part of it was taped over by this short Cinderella film. I didn't mind that much because I was absolutely obsessed with the Cinderella one. It showed little gnomes, bugs, and other critters creating Cinderella's dress and carriage. The cool thing was that the carriage they created was painted black and then turned into an old-timey car. I just loved everything about it!

This thread has brought back so many memories and I did some digging to find out where that Cinderella one came from. Turns out it was a 1936 advertisement for Chevrolet automobiles called A Coach for Cinderella.

One of my parents (probably my dad) must have seen it on TV and taped it for me (and obviously didn't have any blank VHS tapes on hand). 

Spoiler

There's also a part 2! A Ride for Cinderella (1937): 

Spoiler

I think @lyravega and @EvangelineDamon will like these two Cinderella shorts. 😉

And speaking of GoodTimes Entertainment, I absolutely loved their Sleeping Beauty (1995) video. 

Spoiler
MV5BNTc1NzAxNDg5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzIxOTk4._V1_.jpg

I actually preferred this one over the Disney version (I liked that Sleeping Beauty was a blue-eyed brunette, like me). I know, blasphemy! Haha. 

I also really loved the "Princess, Did You Know?" song from the video. 

Spoiler

Ahhhh the memories! 😄

7 Replies
testing