Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Thank you Sephora, Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, and Kora!

I was lucky to be selected to receive some new products to try courtesy of Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora Organics, and Sephora.

I am very appreciative of this generous gift!

The products include:

Nudestix #BABEBOSS Faves Box, a limited edition box that has six pencils in matte, cream, and gel formulas handpicked by Nudestix co-founders Ally and Taylor, in addition to some of the brand's favorite beauty influencers.

Nudestix Swatches (added 5/10)

Spoiler

All six Nudestix pencil swatches:

Left to Right

Boho, Burgundy (Magnetic Matte Lip Color), Sin (Lip+ Cheek), Pulse (Gel Color Lip+ Cheek Balm), Purity, Stiletto (Intense Matte Lip + Cheek)
IMG_0064.JPG

Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil shades: Stiletto, Purity

Magnetic Matte Lip Color shades: Boho, Burgundy

Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm shade: Pulse

Lip + Cheek Pencil shade: Sin

Pencil Sharpener

Elizabeth and James Dry Shampoo, for refreshing hair, absorbing oils, and adding texture, in the fragrances Nirvana Rose, and Nirvana Bourbon.

Nirvana Rose Dry Shampoo Review: (added 5/10)

Spoiler

I was quite impressed! This fragrance with notes of Rose de Mai, Geranium, and Vetiver is lovely. The mist was fine, and left no weird white residue in my medium brunette hair. I wash my hair every other day, and the slight oil in my hair was eliminated by the product. It did also give some volume at the roots without feeling heavy which is great, as I don't like the feeling of a lot of product in my hair. The fragrance is subtle to moderate in strength, without being overpowering. I was excited to try the Nirvana Rose scent first, because I have not smelled it before. 

Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil, described as a luxurious, powerful yet delicate treatment oil for the face and neck. It has antioxidant and essential fatty acid rich oils to smooth, nourish and brighten the skin. Kora Organics is founded by Miranda Kerr.

Initial Review of the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil: (added 5/11)

Spoiler

Initial thoughts on the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil:

It has a sweet, yet pleasant fragrance I would describe as fruity/rose. The scent is quite strong and lingered on my skin for several hours after application. I have sensitive, combo skin with dry cheeks and an oily nose and forehead. On the box it says the oil is suitable for all skin types. My skin has not reacted or broken out, and the dryness in my cheeks already feels improved by the oil. Here is a photo of the ingredients for anyone curious about it. I will report back again in a few days as I continue to use the product.

The gift box was so beautifully presented, with everything individually wrapped, and even some chocolate! ❤

I will report back my thoughts as I try each product, and post swatches of the Nudestix pencils. 🙂

20170509_110858.jpg

20170509_111012.jpg

20170509_110939.jpg

Re: Thank you Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora, and Sephora!

WOW-WEEE!!!!! I want one too!  😃

BUMP

I want to amend my review on the Laneige Lip & Eye Makeup Remover.

As I said before it's a gentle remover but my problem was that I needed too much to remove my makeup... so it might not be the best for heavy duty eye looks but it works great if you wear minimal makeup. So I think someone who wears less makeup on their eyes might like this remover.

I tried the Skyn Iceland plumping lip gel this weekend. It’s kind of weird to apply and slipped a lot at first but once it’s in place and I didn’t touch it, it stayed on for the 10 minutes it needed. It has a sweet smell and a cooling feeling on the lips, which I did not mind. I did not see that big of a difference from before and after application. Maybe my lips were a bit smoother, plumper and more defined but not distinct enough for me. I probably wouldn’t use it again. I also might not be the target audience for this product.

@veronika23, Did you notice any flavor with the product at all? I am kind of interested in trying it. 🙂

@angel7594.  Do you mean like did I taste something? No I don't recall. I didn't want to move my lips at all once it was on 😄 It was nice and sweet smelling.  There was a bit of liquid everywhere when I opened it... think I forgot to mention that.

@veronika23, Yes, I was just curious if it left any sort of taste behind that you detected. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it! ❤

@angel7594.  ok that's what I thought you meant :). I don't recall so I guess not. 😄

First of all, thank you again to @ShiraBT and @KatieBT for such a wonderful gratis. So after a brief interlude, I was finally able to do justice and use the products that were sent to me not only successfully but also I believe validate that they actually work ridiculously well!!!

Here is the result of my efforts this morning: (prior to the VIB ROUGE preview event btw)

IMG_3455.JPG

1. I have been using the Kora oil for two weeks now and am quite happy with the results such far. Smoother skin and a reduction in some of my acne scarring.

2. I used this morning the Elizabeth and James Dry Shampoo in Rose. This was actually my first time using any type of dry shampoo, let alone this one. I was a little surprised it was aerosol but I assume all dry shampoos are. The shampoo once applied did a light white residue in my hair (but my hair is a very dark brown). I found that once I ran my hands through my hair/scrunched my hair, the residue did disappear though. My hair was two days past shampooing so I am overall really impressed with the results.

3. Lastly, I was already a ride or die nudestix fan so using the #babeboss kit was a real thrill for me! I basically combined three different shades to achieve this look so I definitely can say I enjoyed playing colors in this set. It is now later in the day and the color is still showing pretty well on my lips so I will absolutely say payoff is great on these lipsticks. 

Overall, thank you again to Sephora for this wonderful gift of goodies! I had so much fun trying out these newly discovered products and even more importantly, sharing my feedback with the BT community. I'm definitely loving life and loving BT! ❤️❤️❤️

@willa25 These look very pretty on you! I don't think I can pull off this look. I wear a lot of eye makeup.  I will try your idea of a pale underneath and see what I come up with! 🙂

I may try mixing the red ones to make pinks! I loove pinks. 

Lovely lip combo @willa25!!

Thank you, @ElleElleG!

Oh I love this custom shade you created @willa25! Also, really like your necklace 😄

Thanks, @Mcakes! (necklace is a cheapie from Charming Charlie)

Looking good @willa25! 🙂

Why thank you so much for saying that! @veronika23 😘😘😘

Very pretty photo of you @willa25! Which shades did you use to create that one lip color? I love the combination. ❤

@angel7594, thank you for such a thoughtful compliment. I worked hard to get that look! LOL!

As for the color combination of nudestix pencils I used to achieve the shade I have on in that pic... I was wearing: BOHO, BURGUNDY, & PURITY. (All three from the #babeboss kit!!!) 👄 👄 👄  

@willa25, Thanks! I will have to try that color combination. 🙂

I have even using the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil for three weeks now, twice a day. My skin is combination and sensitive. The dryness is my cheeks has cleared up, and I feel like my skin looks healthier and more balanced overall. I had no reaction or sensitivity at all to the product, thank goodness! I have been enjoying this oil as part of my skin care routine, and will certainly purchase it when I finish this bottle. I think it is that fantastic! 🙂

340 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 20170509_110858.jpg
  • 20170509_111012.jpg
  • 20170509_110939.jpg
  • 20170509_140352.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.37.40 PM.png
  • IMG_0064.JPG
  • IMG_0064.JPG
  • 20170510_191723.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.27.55 AM.png