Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Thank you Sephora, Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, and Kora!

I was lucky to be selected to receive some new products to try courtesy of Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora Organics, and Sephora.

I am very appreciative of this generous gift!

The products include:

Nudestix #BABEBOSS Faves Box, a limited edition box that has six pencils in matte, cream, and gel formulas handpicked by Nudestix co-founders Ally and Taylor, in addition to some of the brand's favorite beauty influencers.

Nudestix Swatches (added 5/10)

Spoiler

All six Nudestix pencil swatches:

Left to Right

Boho, Burgundy (Magnetic Matte Lip Color), Sin (Lip+ Cheek), Pulse (Gel Color Lip+ Cheek Balm), Purity, Stiletto (Intense Matte Lip + Cheek)
IMG_0064.JPG

Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil shades: Stiletto, Purity

Magnetic Matte Lip Color shades: Boho, Burgundy

Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm shade: Pulse

Lip + Cheek Pencil shade: Sin

Pencil Sharpener

Elizabeth and James Dry Shampoo, for refreshing hair, absorbing oils, and adding texture, in the fragrances Nirvana Rose, and Nirvana Bourbon.

Nirvana Rose Dry Shampoo Review: (added 5/10)

Spoiler

I was quite impressed! This fragrance with notes of Rose de Mai, Geranium, and Vetiver is lovely. The mist was fine, and left no weird white residue in my medium brunette hair. I wash my hair every other day, and the slight oil in my hair was eliminated by the product. It did also give some volume at the roots without feeling heavy which is great, as I don't like the feeling of a lot of product in my hair. The fragrance is subtle to moderate in strength, without being overpowering. I was excited to try the Nirvana Rose scent first, because I have not smelled it before. 

Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil, described as a luxurious, powerful yet delicate treatment oil for the face and neck. It has antioxidant and essential fatty acid rich oils to smooth, nourish and brighten the skin. Kora Organics is founded by Miranda Kerr.

Initial Review of the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil: (added 5/11)

Spoiler

Initial thoughts on the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil:

It has a sweet, yet pleasant fragrance I would describe as fruity/rose. The scent is quite strong and lingered on my skin for several hours after application. I have sensitive, combo skin with dry cheeks and an oily nose and forehead. On the box it says the oil is suitable for all skin types. My skin has not reacted or broken out, and the dryness in my cheeks already feels improved by the oil. Here is a photo of the ingredients for anyone curious about it. I will report back again in a few days as I continue to use the product.

The gift box was so beautifully presented, with everything individually wrapped, and even some chocolate! ❤

I will report back my thoughts as I try each product, and post swatches of the Nudestix pencils. 🙂

20170509_110858.jpg

20170509_111012.jpg

20170509_110939.jpg

Re: Thank you Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora, and Sephora!

I have a sample of the oil from one of the recent promos.  I like it so far and I have dry skin as well.  

It's a really nice oil! My skin approves. Not just that, it loves it! I am gonna be getting me a full size eventually. ( I didn't get this gratis from Sephora, I got me a promo to try it. )

I've been loving the oil too @angel7594! My skin has been less dry and is more normal now thanks to this oil. Very happy with it! Next step for me is to see how The Buffet from the Ordinary will play with this oil in my current skincare routine. 

@Mcakes & @angel7594, I didn't know how much I liked the Kora oil until it started pairing so well with my daily makeup routine.. (see post above) I believe my skin is better surface/canvas for foundation due to the positive effects from the oil. Just another wonderful impact from using this oil. 🤗

Ty to Sephora and KORA , NudeStix and Elizabeth and James!! 

I also got a package!!!  Ty so much. 🙂

First impressions

I adore the dry shampoos. Very much.  I use Oribe dry Shampoo and have been using Oribe Hair refresher spray too. 

This eliminates using both . It is scented nicely and works well as a dry shampoo. It is really good and perfect for skipping a shampoo day. What I do is spray at the root and wait 30 seconds and then brush out . No residue and no stiffness. Just soft nice smelling hair. I get awesome body with a great scent.  Highly recommend ! Will repurchase when they out.

The oil is great so far.. I have just started using it and will report back. So far I like the texture and the scent. It seems lighter, so that is good for me in the summer as humidity makes me hate facial oils. It is hydrating and gives me a glow. 

More to come!

I have not yet used the Nudestix. Will report back.

So happy to be testing these wonderful items!

Congratulations @luvgloss13 on receiving this gratis! I actually just posted my own reviews (I also received this gift as well) and the nudestix set was my favorite. I can't wait to hear your take on it!!!

Congratulations on receiving the gratis @luvgloss13 ❤ So glad to hear that you are enjoying the products so far. 

Yay! Congrats @luvgloss13 🙂  The dry shampoo is on my list to buy after seeing the reviews in this thread 🙂

@veronika23 @Mcakes @willa25  Ty. We are lucky to try the good stuff!  

Updates

I am in love with Bourbon dry shampoo. I can't stop smelling my hair.

The oil is going very good. Nice and lightweight and good for mixing in foundation. I think this will not be hydrating enough in the winter, but so far good for warmer months.

The Nudestix, I like. But do not love. I like a lighter lip color. These are dark on me. I may try them with a pale base and see how it goes . Or just do a light stain with them. Any advice for a pale liplover?

@luvgloss13 Don't give up all hope on nudestix..I use nudestix "whisper" as base under lipsticks quite often and that is definitely on the lighter side.

are you looking for pale lipstick recommendation colors overall or just for nudestix? I can give you both or just stop with nudestix.. whatever you need 👄 💄 👄 

Congrats @luvgloss13!! ❤

TY @angel7594 ! 

I am so happy to have got these items and actually love some of them! 

🙂

I've been testing more products the last few days and here are my thoughts on some of them. Still have to try the Skyn Iceland Plumping Lip Gel. 🙂

Kora Organics - Noni Glow Face Oil

I find you don’t need a lot of product and it does spread easily. The scent is pretty strong at first but seems to dissipate fast enough. That’s a plus for me, as I can’t handle certain scents and really don’t like this one. I find the oil absorbs well and leaves my skin soft and radiant. I tried it on it’s own overnight and my skin was still nice, soft and hydrated by morning. Maybe a touch less hydrated than my regular routine but I pack on a lot of products due to my dry skin. Not that much though. Overall I like it enough to keep using it as part of my regular routine.

Laneige Lip & Eye Makeup Remover

I have super sensitive eye area. And have been using the same remover for years now. I usually don’t try any other eye makeup remover because of that sensitivity. I found this formula very gentle and non-irritating. The problem was that it took too much product and rubbing for me to remove my eye makeup. I kept using more and more product and the rubbing did cause a little bit of irritation. I had to finish cleaning up with jojoba oil. It works better as a lipstick/liquid lipstick remover but did make my lips a bit dry. Best to follow up with a lip balm.

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Sheer Shine Lipstick in Ambush Spirit

This lipstick is ultra soft and glides on easily. It might be a sheer finish but there is plenty of color there. It’s more pigmented than some other sheer lipstick and very similar to MAC cremesheen like  @Asche said. It’s a nice light color for summer and comfortable to wear but I still prefer MAC to this lipstick. Not sure why though. Maybe because I am used to MAC. 😄  Still a nice lipstick nonetheless.

Swatch = 2 swipes

SUambushspirit.jpg

Mac lipsticks are my fave too (specifically their satin and matte formulas). 

I'm really happy to see your thoughts about the Kora oil! I haven't gotten to try it yet since my eyebrows are still healing (not the best time to experiment) hahaha. 😄

Yeah I'm pretty much always happy with them 🙂 I got calm heat from the fruity juicy collection. Wow! Such a great beige nude. I love it so much! Right up my alley!

My skin isn't back to where it should be but wanted to try it out anyway!  Eyebrows?  Yeah it wouldn't be the best time to trying something new if you have something healing. 🙂

Yesterday I tried out the Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Sheer Shine Lipstick and the Leneige Lip Sleeping Mask. 🙂

Leneige Lip Sleeping Mask:

Amazing!!! The tiniest amount goes a long way. It smells wonderful and feels great on the lips. As directed, I left it on overnight. It says to pat off the excess the next morning, but I didn't find that I had anything left on my lips. My lips feel incredible today. Smooth, soft, and hydrated. I wish I'd had this over the winter months!

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Sheer Shine Lipstick in Ambush Spirit:

ambush.jpg

It's a somewhat sheer, very pretty pink! It reminds me a lot of Mac's Cremesheen formula. I love these kinds of pinks, so I think I'll be wearing this quite a lot this summer. 

I haven't tried the Skyn Iceland plumping lip gel yet (saving it for a night out), but I'll post thoughts as soon as I use it. 🙂

That pink is soo soo pretty! 

I love lip masks! I'll have to try that after my Farmacy Lip Bloom runs out.

@Asche, the swatch looks so lovely, definitely a beautiful color for summer! ❤️

Thanks @Asche :). I might need that lip mask too :D. Should be back shortly with my thoughts on the lipstick too 🙂

Here are some of my thoughts on the NUDESTIX #Babeboss faves box.

I find all the colors easy to apply and pigmented. The ones that double as a cheek pencil also apply nicely on the cheek and can be blended out with your finger really easily. The set is nice because you get to try different formulas and even though the colors didn’t suit me I know most people would love that they are neutral (except the red obviously) and every day type of color. Here are some of my thoughts on the different formulas.

Magnetic Matte Lip Color (Boho & Burgundy)

It does apply well and creamy but dries a bit too dry for me. I tried with lip balm underneath (because I always have a balm under a lipstick) to see if it was more comfortable but it was a bit tacky at times. I think that’s normal though because most matte lipsticks like that aren’t meant to have a lip balm underneath.

Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil (Purity & Stiletto)

I found this more comfortable than the Magnetic Matte ones. Like I mentioned before I pretty much always add lip balm underneath my lipsticks and this didn’t become tacky like the Magnetic Matte Lip Color.

Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm (Pulse)

I liked this formula a lot. Feels nice and lightweight on even without a lip balm underneath. It has a different feeling than most things I own and I can’t quite find the words to describe it. This could be nice for those who have minimal time and just want a bit of color. I’d consider getting another shade in this formula.

Lip + Cheek Pencil (Sin)

Probably my favorite out of all of them... ok well the gel one comes close too :D. It feels so soft and lightweight. Very comfortable on the lips just like a lip balm.

And swatches

Nudestixbabeboss.jpg

Spoiler

Swatches Top to Bottom

Boho

Burgundy

Purity

Stiletto

Sin

Pulse

Conversation Stats
Photos25