Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Thank you Sephora, Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, and Kora!

I was lucky to be selected to receive some new products to try courtesy of Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora Organics, and Sephora.

I am very appreciative of this generous gift!

The products include:

Nudestix #BABEBOSS Faves Box, a limited edition box that has six pencils in matte, cream, and gel formulas handpicked by Nudestix co-founders Ally and Taylor, in addition to some of the brand's favorite beauty influencers.

Nudestix Swatches (added 5/10)

Spoiler

All six Nudestix pencil swatches:

Left to Right

Boho, Burgundy (Magnetic Matte Lip Color), Sin (Lip+ Cheek), Pulse (Gel Color Lip+ Cheek Balm), Purity, Stiletto (Intense Matte Lip + Cheek)
IMG_0064.JPG

Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil shades: Stiletto, Purity

Magnetic Matte Lip Color shades: Boho, Burgundy

Gel Color Lip + Cheek Balm shade: Pulse

Lip + Cheek Pencil shade: Sin

Pencil Sharpener

Elizabeth and James Dry Shampoo, for refreshing hair, absorbing oils, and adding texture, in the fragrances Nirvana Rose, and Nirvana Bourbon.

Nirvana Rose Dry Shampoo Review: (added 5/10)

Spoiler

I was quite impressed! This fragrance with notes of Rose de Mai, Geranium, and Vetiver is lovely. The mist was fine, and left no weird white residue in my medium brunette hair. I wash my hair every other day, and the slight oil in my hair was eliminated by the product. It did also give some volume at the roots without feeling heavy which is great, as I don't like the feeling of a lot of product in my hair. The fragrance is subtle to moderate in strength, without being overpowering. I was excited to try the Nirvana Rose scent first, because I have not smelled it before. 

Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil, described as a luxurious, powerful yet delicate treatment oil for the face and neck. It has antioxidant and essential fatty acid rich oils to smooth, nourish and brighten the skin. Kora Organics is founded by Miranda Kerr.

Initial Review of the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil: (added 5/11)

Spoiler

Initial thoughts on the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil:

It has a sweet, yet pleasant fragrance I would describe as fruity/rose. The scent is quite strong and lingered on my skin for several hours after application. I have sensitive, combo skin with dry cheeks and an oily nose and forehead. On the box it says the oil is suitable for all skin types. My skin has not reacted or broken out, and the dryness in my cheeks already feels improved by the oil. Here is a photo of the ingredients for anyone curious about it. I will report back again in a few days as I continue to use the product.

The gift box was so beautifully presented, with everything individually wrapped, and even some chocolate! ❤

I will report back my thoughts as I try each product, and post swatches of the Nudestix pencils. 🙂

20170509_110858.jpg

20170509_111012.jpg

20170509_110939.jpg

Re: Thank you Nudestix, Elizabeth and James, Kora, and Sephora!

i think this is my favorite one yet @angel7594!

Thank you @unfungirl! ❤️

This is such a gorgeous shade @angel7594! I still haven't tried these out on my cheeks. Do you just rub some on your fingers and then apply it to your cheeks or do you apply it straight from the bullet? 

Thank you @Mcakes! ❤ I just applied it directly from the stick onto my cheeks. 

Having these fantastic products for about a week, and now that the #BABEBOSS and Kora oil are available for purchase, I wanted to post some updates for anyone considering them.

I 100% recommend both, as well as the dry shampoo! This is such a generous gratis, I was shocked to see the retail values. I am so grateful to have received this gift from Sephora, and am so happy to say I have been loving everything. 

My thoughts on the dry shampoo hasn't changed from the first time I tried it. Amazing formula, lovely smell. Incredible. 

Having worn each Nudestix, holy wow am I so impressed! Dare I say... Nudestix may have found itself in my top 3 with these products. Each color in the kit is so flattering and gorgeous! All are appropraite for everyday wear, even the red, which is Stiletto. I will admit, I haven't tried them on my cheeks yet... But I'm really bad about using sticks like this in multiple ways. This set would be an amazing gift for anyone, or perfect for you if you're looking for a range of wearable, beautiful, comfortable colors. I am so excited to have been introduced to Nudestix this way. I will definitely be picking up more of the brand.

I've been using the Kora Oil as an additional moisturizing step in my skin care routine. It feels a lot like Josie Maran Argan Oil Reserve, which I had a sample of and really loved, but had a hard time justifying the cost. I actually was really happy to see it's currently being offered as a DS, because I need to pick some things and would love a DS for travel. I have a feeling this will become a staple in my skin care regimen.  

@alexasteph  I totally agree on the Nudestix!  These are amazing!

I also love, love, love the Kora Noni Glow Oil - OMG!  I am definitely buying this after I use up my current bottle - For a thicker oil, this absorbs super fast and does not break me out at all.  I also think my skin feels smoother already. 🙂

Nice review, @alexasteph! I have tried that JM oil too, though my skin has responded to the Kora with better results. I am amazed how the dryness and discomfort in my cheeks has improved in a week.

I'd like to add my thanks to Sephora, Nudestix, Kora and Elizabeth and James for this wonderful gift, I am honored!

My initial reviews- The Kora oil is genius!  I have these crowsfeet (thanks, old age) that hurt whenever I put on any eye cream, gel or liquid. So much so that I can't put anything on there, it causes tearing. So I put the tiniest dab of the oil on one side and no pain, it just felt wonderful. I waited a day and did both sides, still no irritation or pain. It's been almost a week now and my crowsfeet actually look much better!! This is a miracle, and I'm definitely going to repurchase this when I run out. I'm trying it on my other dry patches on my face and it's doing wonders for them too.

The Elizabeth and James Rose Dry Shampoo-  This is such a blessing for a gal who works in the outdoors and does a lot of running (gotta work off my sweet tooth indulgence).  When I come in with sweaty, sticky hair, I let it dry and then spray and brush. Voila, instant volume, the clumpiness from having been sweaty is gone and it smells heavenly. I'm going to try the Bourbon one next.

The Nudestix-  Love the non-drying formula, this is unique in long wear lipsticks for me. I usually have to trade off wear for comfort, but these do both. I'm experimenting with them as cheek contour too, and I'm impressed.

So thanks again, I will definitely repurchase these when I run out.

Congrats!   @prettyinpa

Congratulations @prettyinpa ❤! That's so great that you are enjoying everything so far and are considering repurchasing. I am enjoying the oil as well 🙂 I'll have to share my thoughts on this later.

Congrats @prettyinpa!! ❤❤

Thank you Sephora! I too received this Gratis. I just got home last night/this morning so I haven't had a chance to try anything out. But in the spirit of giving, I am sharing part of this box with another lovely BT'er 🙂

Awwww - so happy you got this gift and glad to hear you are sharing with a friend!  Too sweet!  @Samtian

Aww that super sweet & congrats @Samtian !!!!

Aww, that is so sweet that you are going to be sharing this with another BT'er Congrats @Samtian ❤!

Congrats @Samtian!! ❤❤

@angel7594 Thank you!

I've had a couple of days to test out some of the products and I am so excited to share my thoughts and swatches with you all!

Nudestix #BABEBOSS Faves Box Swatches:

Spoiler
First and second picture are in natural lighting, the third is indoors
nudestixswatches.jpg
Top to Bottom: Sin, Pulse, Stiletto, Boho, Burgundy and Purity

I wore Sin the other day but forgot to take a picture 😞 I'll take some snaps with my favorite shades and post them later. 

Now I am not a huge lipstick wearer so I wasn't expecting much from these tbh but I was so pleasantly surprised! The formula is incredible. These just glide on so smoothly, have great pigmentation and the best part for me is that they are incredibly comfortable to wear. I couldn't even feel it on my lips! It doesn't cling on to any dry patches or transfer on my teeth. This is my absolute favorite lipstick formula I have tried so far!!

I can't wait to try it on my cheeks and see how that goes. Also contemplating seeing how they do on my eyes...

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon Dry Shampoo:

It took me so long to find the perfect dry shampoo. Most of the ones I have tried have not worked for me for one reason or another. The common problems were the white cast, irritated my scalp, made my hair look even greasier than before, made my hair tacky and dirty feeling and the smell. 

I put this Bourbon dry shampoo through the ultimate test! I am on 3rd day hair and went for a very long outdoor workout in the scorching sun. This dry shampoo makes it look like I just washed my hair! It reminds me of my beloved Living Proof PHD in the way it works so well for me. The only thing is that the nozzle gets stuck 😞 

The scent is very nice. I tried the perfume once and it was a little too strong but it's not like that at all in the dry shampoo. The scent isn't too overpowering but is still present throughout the day and is very nice. 

I will report back with more swatches and reviews later 🙂

Your swatches are so pretty!   I am glad you are loving everything in your gift!  @Mcakes

Thank you @Tamara76 ❤ 

Beautiful swatches and great review @Mcakes Ihave a couple nudestix lip+cheek pencils from when they initially arrived at Sephora. I guess I should dig them out and give them some love.

Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 20170509_110858.jpg
  • 20170509_111012.jpg
  • 20170509_110939.jpg
  • 20170509_140352.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 10.37.40 PM.png
  • IMG_0064.JPG
  • IMG_0064.JPG
  • 20170510_191723.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.27.55 AM.png
  • IMG_0602.JPG