Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@themusefactory  I would post more if I could figure out how to download photos from our ancient camera; I have to depend upon one of my kids to do it, and there is much eye-rolling involved (but so is the help.) 

Lipsticks look so different on me than most people.  I would say that SS looks more brownish/berryish than pink on me. 

I agree with you about the swatches being all over the place.  I'm glad to have gotten samples, because the ones I thought I would love (like Victorian) turn gray on me.

@Ispend2much6 Oh man, I get it! If I didn't have a smart phone, I'd have zero pictures! 

Lipsticks also tend to look different on me, my lips are pretty pigmented naturally (not complaining) and it makes it tricky to find something that works! 

Very Victoria gave me the concealer lip look. Not at all what I thought it was going to look like! I got a sample card of it and was so bummed because from all the pictures it really looked like it was going to be a perfect nude! 

But SS sounds lovely on you! I love the brown/mauve/berry colors. 🙂 

@themusefactory   Exactly!  I also have very pigmented lips, but pretty pale skin.  The best piece of advice I was given was to choose a lipstick with a little brown in it.  I can't wear any of the beautiful, cool, or orange reds, but I need to stick with wines, sometimes berries. 

@Ispend2much6 Girl, I so feel your pain. I look so weird in red! I usually go for mauve colors (like you said, a hint of brown) But there is nothing wrong with wine (harhar) 😉 

@themusefactory  I love mauve.  I am drawn to them, but usually they turn gray on me.  Oh, well, there's still plenty to choose from!

Aww yay for unicorn mail! @unfungirl is just the sweetest 😄 ❤ Enjoy!

P.S. Your skin looks awesome

@Mcakes She totally is! ❤️ And thank you so much! I was a bit apprehensive to post a picture of my face, haha. But I was just so excited! 

Ohhhhh yes!!!! More unicorn mail! Wow that is awesome! That's a great shade on you @themusefactory! Super pretty lady!

@veronika23 Unicorn mail is so fun! And thank you so much ❤️ 

awww geez @themusefactory you're so kind! really! you definitely didn't have alligator skin though, but i was happy to make some recommendations- skin care is my jam! ❤️

the lipstick looks bangin' on you!

@unfungirl Skincare may be your jam, but the fact that you spent so much time helping me curate a workable skincare regimen and I feel so much more comfortable in my skin, is huge. And of course, you're just spectacularly awesome as well! ❤️ 

you're making me blush @themusefactory ❤️

What type of products do you usually use @unfungirl?

@veronika23 i'm not loyal to one brand, but i really love sunday riley, herbivore and odacite! i love to try new things, so i bounce around a lot. i also love k beauty!

i helped @themusefactory pick out some ordinary products i thought would be good for her, and also turned her on to the sunday riley tidal 🙂

@unfungirl  cool!!! That's awesome!  I also love Odacite! Love to try new products too... a few more on the way actually.  I don't think I know much about k beauty though. 🙂

@veronika23 odacite is my newest love!! i am really getting more and more into natural beauty again, and i love how much things have changed! there are so many choices!

i've tried a tonnnn of k-beauty, and some is great, some is just ok. sephora carries a good amount now, so if you want to try anything, feel free to ask me my opinion! the may coop raw sauce is one of my favorites, and they sell a travel size that's great to try.

@unfungirl  yeah there are a lot more brands now for sure! And all easily accessible. 🙂

Thanks!!!  What is it with the May Coop raw sauce that everyone loves?  Pretty sure I tried that one and couldn't figure out the hype 😄

@veronika23 raw sauce is an essence, it's made of maple water!

i can definitely see a difference in the brightness and hydration levels of my skin, but i'm sure it's mostly to do with the other stuff i'm using.

i'm pretty dry except in my t-zone, so essences are good to add an extra layer of moisture for me! but, like everything else, YMMV. i tried the SKII essence and it did nothing for me, even though it gets lots of hype!

@unfungirlThanks!  Oh that's nice! Yeah pretty sure that one didn't do it for me lol. Yeah not everything will work for everyone that's for sure.  I'm loving Consonant HydrExtreme for my dryness. Best product so far. Like a must for me 😄

@veronika23 I've never tried anything by consonant, but I just looked them up and their products sound really good!

I can't get enough natural beauty right now so I will check them out, thank you for the tip!

@unfungirlI can't get enough either 😄

You are welcome! This is a HG status product for me. I really love it. I haven't tried much else. Their lip balm was nice but didn't beat out my HG. Like if I ran out of mine and needed a quick purchase I might get that one again but I'm pretty set in my ways with the one I have now 😄

1 Reply
testing