Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@prti  You need a garlic mill!!  That stuff flavors the butter and oil quicker (and sometimes better) than fresh garlic.

(since fresh garlic flavor can vary)

I hate breaking a garlic head to discover the garlic is not the freshest!  lol!

Seriously- moldy garlic is a travesty.  I did find that there is an heirloom variety that Christopher Ranch sells (I've seen it at Costco in big netted bags and I suspect that Trader Joe's sells it also.)  It keeps pretty long.

One thing not to do:  store the garlic submerged in olive oil in the freezer.  I went to all that trouble one year and gave us mild food poisoning because garlic grows toxic without air.

Yes @prti  No more peeling cloves!

We made it through Monday, but tomorrow means Bazaar Survivor Game!

image.jpeg

That's exactly what it feels like! lol

I think I'm relieved that I used up most of my points and can't get anything above 500 points anymore. It'll still be fun to see what everyone else gets, though!

image.jpeg

Does anyone still have their Christmas tree up?  I can't bear to take it down yet. 🙂

200w.gif

We finally took ours down on Saturday and my living room feels so empty now.  😞

One year when I was in college, my parents gave me and my roommate their old artificial tree when they upgraded, but we didn't have any money for decorations, so we made them out of ribbon and construction paper.

We kept that thing up all year and decorated it differently every single month for every holiday we could think of - it was insanely fun!  People would come over to our apartment and add stuff to the tree.  🙂

@Tamara76  That does sound like a lot of fun!  Great memories.

@Ispend2much6,

I just read in People Magazine, that Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher would never take their trees down, in separate houses.  So, there is a precedent, but I would recommend a fake tree for that.  🙂

My Christmas lights are still up on my front porch because I think that the winter is more gloomy without them.  I wish everyone would have "winter lights" after Christmas until Spring.

@tsavorite  That's a great idea!  I'm afraid that the lights would lose their special qualities if I did that, but I love them so much I doubt I would get sick of them. 🙂

Yep!  Still up.  It's a bit dead but is still all beauuuuutiful!  Contemplating taking it down tires me out. 

The holidays- lots of work before, lots of work after.  But it's worth it.

Yep. Ours is still up. Still one more New Year to go. 😉 ( Excellent excuse to keep it up longer! 😄 )

I'm envious of your holidays!

My tree is still up, I have been too lazy to take it down!! 

😄 😄

We left one strand of lights up in our porch.  They've been up for four years and finally burnt out this year.  No judgment from me!

guilty haha me too! My son loves it, he will be sad.  I said ill give it another week for him! 😄

You're a good mom! 🙂  That's part of the reason why ours is still up.  We have a tradition of keeping it up until the next family birthday.

Some years, that stretched into becoming a Valentine's Tree. 🙂

Thank u for saying that 😄 that is a fun tradition.

The next bday here is March. We might be able to have an Easter tree then Hahahaha we can hide Easter eggs in it lmao.

A valentines tree is cute! 🙂 

testing