Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@pixiedust2@Mcakes  but it's just candy!!!! 😄  Maybe if it had Trumps name on it it would fly 😄

@veronika23 @pixiedust2 I'm dying 😂 I can see the news report now: Beauty Addict imprisoned for accepting a delivery of delicious chocolate 🍫 

OMG perfect! 😄

Hey everyone - I know that there are a lot of dog/cat lovers on this thread so I'm posting here. I hope I don't upset anyone - if I do I apologize.

Okay so my 15 year old Kittie has been sneezing a lot this last month. He's been into the vet 3 times - they think it's allergies and all they can do is give him shots and wait to see if they work as this happens every year, but this year is terrible (doesn't help that the weather has been crazy). Anyways he just sneezes and sneezes and there's really nothing I can do per the vet and I feel so helpless. He's my baby and I love him more than anything. If I could ask a small favor would you please keep him in your thoughts/say a prayer/send good vibes to him? His name is Simba - the day I adopted him was one of the best in my life and it hurts so bad to see him constantly sneeze. I'm on my way to go get kitty benedryl as that's my only option at this point. The vet says cats hate the taste of it - I will gladly take him scratching me up like crazy just for him to get some relief. 

IMG_20161108_135535383_HDR.jpg

Wishing Simba a speedy recovery from whatever kitty bug he's dealing with!

I hope Simba feels better soon. ❤

@niki172,

My 17 yr. old kitty had similar symptoms, so I know how you feel!  We thought that he had a reoccurring sinus problem.  The Vet did not treat with Benedryl, but every few months, when symptoms would return, he gave a steroid and an antibiotic injection. The positive response was immediate. The sneezing stopped right away.

I didn't even know that kitties could take Benedryl.  I hope the Benedryl works for Simba!

@tsavorite that's the shots he is receiving and unfortunately they're not working and/or as fast last time as this is his 2nd round in a month. The last round he received was last Tuesday. Its a 2 week shot so I just have to wait. He reacts kinda weird to the benedryl - like it makes him a little hyper (very vocal and wants attention) and hungry. I'm glad he's eating. My next step is to get a new humidifier (thanks to those who suggested it) and we'll see how that goes. You can tell he still feels crummy and it breaks my heart.

@niki172,  I'm so sorry that Simba feels crummy!  If he is getting steroid shots, those can make you hungry and thirsty.  I think that Benadryl can give you a dry mouth. I hope this all will help him! When my kitty wasn't eating well, we gave him frequent feedings of finely chopped shrimp (not canned shrimp) because that was his favorite food.  He would eat it when he would eat nothing else.  Pampering, petting, and lots of love are probably the best medicine for Simba now.  Does he like to be combed or brushed? I will keep Simba in my prayers.

Thank you @tsavorite. He hadn't been eating so I was glad to see him eat (he ate 3 cans in less than 2 hours!). He likes to be brushed and lay down with mommy during the night and sitting in mommy's lap while mommy is trying to work - needless to say he runs the house and I'm happy to let him :). My humidifier just came thru the door so I'm going to set that up as well tonight. I really want him to feel better. To be told that there's nothing else that can be done just 1) makes me incredulous as there must be something and 2) desperate to help him somehow. Hopefully he'll have some relief soon!

@niki172,  I hope so too!

Awwww, poor kitty.  Simba needs extra snuggles and Luvs!  Hopefully the benedryl helps!  A humidifier may help him out too while you're waiting for it to take effect.  

@niki172 Prayers for your kitty!! I hope the Benadryl works. I have to give it to both of my Pugs, I give them the Children's chewable. One loves it but the other hates it, so I crush hers in a mortar and pestle and mix it in with her food. So just find a way to make your kitty eat it and see if it helps him. 

Also you might consider a cool air humidifier with an oil diffuser option. I've started sleeping with one for the past year and I put eucalyptus or peppermint in it, with a bunch of other oils. It's helped mine and hubby's allergies and I believe it's helped the Pugs too. 

My younger Pug gets reverse sneezes. If you've never seen it, it's kind of scary. She gets attacks of it and I have to hold her nose until she opens her mouth to breath. It's so sad watching our fur babies suffer. I hope they find a solution for Simba soon!

Sending you love and warm thoughts.  Get well soon Simba! 

My fur babies are everything and I am so sorry you're going through this! Sending good vibes your way and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Awww poor little dude. 😞

Good luck to you and Simba @niki172 - sending kitty hugs your way!

Sending love to Simba. Keep us updated in the pet thread on how he does 🙂

@niki172 sending you and your kitty lots of prayers ❤️

@niki172  My dog has really bad allergies in the summer months. Benedryl did help... so I hope it will help your kitty too! Thinking of you both! Heart

@niki172 So sorry to hear about Simba being sick. Pets are family (at least my cat was for me) so I know how painful it is to see a loved one suffer.

Im curious if the vet ran tests to see if he's got an infection? its possible he's got a respiratory infection thats causing the sneezing  (of course it all depends on his other symptoms but I hope the vet took these all into account.

Sending you some positive vibes for Simba's speedy recovery!

1 Reply
testing