melde

THE ENABLER AWARDS - 2013

[ Edited ]

I thought it would be fun for us to give shout outs to people who enabled us to buy products we ended up loving! Sadly, I'm sure I can't even remember all the ways I have been enabled on this board this year. :smileyhappy:

Maybe these can be a few last minute gift ideas, ways to spend gifts cards you might receive during the holidays, or even a few ideas for your first purchases of 2014!

I would also like to thank everyone for always keeping the board updated with sales and amazing GWPs! Those have been enabling too! :smileywink: And of course Missie772 and rikkie have been super enabling with their amazing perks and promos!

Here are a few of mine:

Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Showstopper

Enabled by garnett

s1548379-main-hero.jpg

This really is a true red. Applies so nicely and has just the right amount of shine!

http://www.sephora.com/lovemarc-lip-gel-P379423?skuId=1548379

Cargo Blush in Tonga

Enabled by poshified

Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 12.04.10 PM.png

Lovely neutral blush that goes with any lip color. Great for those who love bold lips!

Purchased at beauty dot com

CND Sticky Base Coat 

Enabled by lylysa

$(KGrHqRHJBoFInyLo0zVBSLy8rJuDw~~60_35.jpeg

Technically, I asked for a recommendation, but I LOVE this base coat. AND it is 3 free! :smileyhappy:

Purchased at Ulta

sp2001

Re: THE ENABLER AWARDS - 2013

I would like to blame... I mean award the entire world for making me buy 4 of the ambient lighting powders. Now if one of you could come to my house and teach me how to use them, they've been sitting in their boxes for over a month now (the only one I've tried using is Diffused light and I can't help but think my skin looks way oily with it).

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh really? I just opened my palette and today at lunch I glanced at myself in the mirror and I was like, "GAH my skin looks amazing."

Someone posted the name of a youtuber who did a nice demo with some of the different powders. His name was Dustin something....?

sp2001

(0) Hearts

ive seen all the videos (twice!) and i still cant love it. I want to so much, i triedplaying with mood light and dim and etheral early and i couldn't get myself convinced to keep them :smileysad:

MarB87

kiki1517 I forgot which post it was…I think it had something to do with eye makeup or what we were wearing that day. Now, I’m going to start off by saying that I love beauty talk and love listening to the ladies suggestions, but I rarely go out to buy anymore because now I’m on a budget (which means no more rouge for me next year! lol). But when I saw kiki1517’s lashes from House of Lashes, they looked so pretty and natural I went directly to their site to get me some!

evno

[ Edited ]

gtichick made me spend almost $60 on awesome beauty oils! (fake sad face) Honestly though, I love the Sephora Favorites Beauty Oils Essentials Set. It's a misnomer, of course. I don't NEED more luxurious oils; they're not ESSENTIAL, but but.... such a good value!! 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/RED-ALERT-RED-ALERT/m-p/925399#M12182

melde

(0) Hearts

This is on my list to buy as soon as my new card comes (thanks Target!)/2014!!

mimibel

sulfate got me going on the nice brushes and I ended up getting this red squirrel LE Christmas brush. Blame? Thank? Both! Lol...I'm hooked and planning more squirrel and squirrel blend brushes, I was a goner the minute it touched my face. Most of my other brushes now feel like porcupine butt hair compared to this. 

image.jpg

She also was very encouraging and helpful so I actually got brave enough to fill my scrip for this (which I've had since May, me being a big chicken and all)

image.jpg

AND... Sent me a sample of this (and other secret goodies)

image.jpgConfirming my sneaking suspicion that I would like their products. 

She's a dirty rotten enabler, and a dear. :smileywink: 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Hahahaha porcupine butt hair, I love it!

melde

(0) Hearts

Oh a squirrel brush? Wow a feel like a huge dunce, I had no idea that even existed!

mimibel

Sooo soft, like feathers. Lots of high end brushes are squirrel. I'm planning and researching the ones that will work best me very carefully but come Valentine's day, this brush will have at least a couple of new friends for sure. I jumped for this one quickly because they only offer them once a year. An impulse buy that was a very good one. It was one of my holiday gifts. :smileywink: 

lilahtov

I just ordered some Hakuhodo brushes, two of which are blue squirrel. They're supposedly a dream on the face--fingers crossed, as, they were horrifically expensive! I saved up for a long time, so I posted elsewhere in BT that I better want to pet my face with them for what I paid :smileyvery-happy:

mimibel

I'll  look for your thread and reviews of them, thank you. I hope they are lovely! 

Kiki1517

Ok non-beauty related, but totally most expensive enabler crown for me goes to brat, who convinced me that my mini needed UGGS for her cold feet. She probably won't take them off for a week after she opens them.

IMG_20131214_202711.jpg

shortstuff07

Make sure you spray them with water proofing spray prior to her wearing them!  It'll extend their life greatly!  :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Thanks, brat lectured me before I bought them haha! I sprayed them once, let them dry for 24 hours and sprayed them again in case I missed a spot and let them dry again before wrapping :smileyvery-happy: 

melde

Sooooo cuuuuuute!

ShinyMagpie

Oh my those are adorable. They'll keep her tootsies toasty warm. 

Kiki1517

Supposed to get our first snow of the season here in Seattle tomorrow morning, so she will definitely be needing them soon. 

malday

lylysa totally enabled me to get CND Stickey Base Coat too haha

melde

(0) Hearts

I'm not alone! :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 125 hearts