melde

THE ENABLER AWARDS - 2013

[ Edited ]

I thought it would be fun for us to give shout outs to people who enabled us to buy products we ended up loving! Sadly, I'm sure I can't even remember all the ways I have been enabled on this board this year. :smileyhappy:

Maybe these can be a few last minute gift ideas, ways to spend gifts cards you might receive during the holidays, or even a few ideas for your first purchases of 2014!

I would also like to thank everyone for always keeping the board updated with sales and amazing GWPs! Those have been enabling too! :smileywink: And of course Missie772 and rikkie have been super enabling with their amazing perks and promos!

Here are a few of mine:

Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Showstopper

Enabled by garnett

s1548379-main-hero.jpg

This really is a true red. Applies so nicely and has just the right amount of shine!

http://www.sephora.com/lovemarc-lip-gel-P379423?skuId=1548379

Cargo Blush in Tonga

Enabled by poshified

Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 12.04.10 PM.png

Lovely neutral blush that goes with any lip color. Great for those who love bold lips!

Purchased at beauty dot com

CND Sticky Base Coat 

Enabled by lylysa

$(KGrHqRHJBoFInyLo0zVBSLy8rJuDw~~60_35.jpeg

Technically, I asked for a recommendation, but I LOVE this base coat. AND it is 3 free! :smileyhappy:

Purchased at Ulta

spoiledbrat

Re: THE ENABLER AWARDS - 2013

Look under Drybar tools and there the little precious is just waiting for a new home for the holidays, instead of some cold, dark warehouse :smileysad:

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

You may have just unwittingly enabled me..... I need a little precious........

melde

Hahah, now that I have an emotional connection to this brush I better order it quickly!

spoiledbrat

melde, you can do a search on posts of my love affair with the Drybar Lemon Drop brush - i am cra cra over it - it is the best product i have EVER purchased - i would give up my Guerlain for my DLDB!

melde

I just searched and couldn't find it. :.(

PoesRevy

The Drybar Lemon Drop Detangler Brush, and it was spoiledbrat that mentioned it-enabled! Glad she did :smileyhappy:

amberangeline

BOMBSHELL30 is my ultimate enabler!!!

There is no way on God's green earth I could list out all the products she has enabled me to buy... seriously, there is SO much. She is the reason I love makeup as much as I do! This is definitely not a bad thing though, because as a consequence, I feel so much more confident in myself. Love her! ;-)

bombshell30

You're quite an accomplished enabler yourself! Love you too sister!!!

bombshell30

I want!!! Gorgeous!!

lecia1167

Hahahahaha! This is hilarious! One of the castmates at my Sephora is a super enabler. She always suggests stuff for me when I go there. But she did suggest the Stila lipsticks and lip glosses, and they are so great!s1488022-main-hero.jpg

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

this color is gorgeous! I've swatched it twice in the store and I'm always impressed. I held off buying it thought because I figured my husband would hate it. Well last night I put on the New Maybelline Elixer Gloss in Vision in Violet  (Photos from labbunny dot com) and my husband LOVED the look. He even mentioned it this AM. I was wearing a light pink color and he was like, ohhh I like that dark purple you wore last night better!  (who is this person?! lol)

I wish my lips were this full! 

maybelline-elixir-vision-in-violet-face-768x1024.jpg

maybelline-elixir-vision-in-violet-swatch-1024x1024.jpg

The color looks similar but I like the Stila formula better :smileyhappy:

prosopon

(0) Hearts

That is a gorgeous color! I am going to be looking for that for sure!

alexisarcher7

(0) Hearts

I absolutely need this now.

brittieeee

(0) Hearts

Love this!  I am impressed with The new Maybelline Elixer tv commercials but am always like, "nah, can't look that good in real life" (the model in the ad is wearing a beautiful scarlet red gloss.) But these swatches are AHmazing!  will have to look this up.  Ok. ENABLED.

evilpinkrobot

Gah! Now I have to buy this. My hubby is a huge fan of purple lips. Once while walking around Sephora with me, he stopped dead in front of Illamasqua, picked up a purple gloss, and said, "You are buying this now." Quite frightening when I think back on it.

kittichick

... you can get your husband to go into Sephora with you??

melde

That is awesome! Who knew guys love purple lips??!!

aviscardi

i actually have really been loving the maybelline elixers lately. i was going to wear it alone but it looked bright for the winter. so i topped it over mac heroine liner and feel my pulse lipstick. a girl even asked me on the train what i was wearing lol. i can't wait to wear it again with just liner

roxystar4

aviscardi, were you wearing the violet Elixir? I also picked up Hibiscus Haven.  I've had Petal Plush for a few weeks now and decided to buy the first two because I like Petal Plush a lot.

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

Yes, i didn't write it oops lol.  there's a few more that i really want to try so i think il continue to get them on bogo and with % off at cvs. of course i got one after i already bought.

lecia1167

[ Edited ]

Yes! I love it so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 125 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • spoiledbrat