Suffering for beauty...

starletta8

Suffering for beauty...

OK, fess up: What are the things that you do for beauty that you just really hate doing?

Whether they're just plain annoying or actually painful- what are the things you wish you didn't have to do?

I'll start- I'm currently suffering in the "just did my hair" routine.  I'm someone who needs a shower every day to feel human- but when I do my hair, I just wash up for a day or two to try to buy a bit more time out of every time I go red. By day 2-3, I'll wet the hair so that I can blow it out.  But this morning, my hair still feels clean but is driving me nuts!

I also hate the daily shaving routine in the summer.

starletta8

Re: Suffering for beauty...

Ugh, I feel you with the red issues!  I'm way too chicken to do it myself- so I lose 90 minutes every 4 weeks.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh that can be a pain!! I hate doing my own! I have highlights but the toner wears off my hair fast so i get a Demi- Permanant color to put on top so they look really natural and when it fades it looks so pretty! But i hate doing it myself! But i won't pay 50+ to do something i can do and get the same result. 

rikkie

I hate dying my hair but I like having all sorts of colors and doing things that make my hairstylist cringe, like going from black to white hair by bleaching it two or three times in a day or two. My hair is the oiliest, finest, and thinnest in the world I think and it only makes it behave better to do things like this somehow. I'm tempted to chop it all off for a rainbow fauxhawk again...

arielaaaaaaaa

Up until a year ago i always put different colors in my hair! I used to have the front of my hair Platinum Blonde and i would put a peek a boo streak of color in it. Mostly Purple, But i changed it when it faded! I've thought about doing a streak of color for summer but just the thought of doing it myself...Ughh. I have all the stuff to do but i am procrastinating!! 

rikkie

I like to do LOTS of colors, I think I just like looking loud, haha. Loud hair, loud nails, loud eyeshadow, and probably loud clothes too. One of my favorites was red, orange, and yellow all together. take about a 1" circle of hair and paint one color of dye on, twist it up and bobby pin it up out of the way, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

I never cared for multiple colors on me. I like when others do them though! I'm thinking of doing a Coral color for summer! But i would have to get my dark brown hair super light!! I know i can do it, but it would take two times. And my hair is so healthy i don't want to do it! I have like 3 different colors of the Sultra Clip in extensions! They are pink, purple, blue, but i hate the feeling of wearing them. So i think i will do it soon!

rikkie

Cute! I don't think I've seen anyone do coral, you should post a pic if/when you do it. I have been unable to decide what I want to do with my hair so it's just been blonde for ages, blah.

arielaaaaaaaa

There are two things i hate!! One is the Blow dryer!! I guess because i used to spend so much time blow drying other people hair, (I'm a hairstylist) But i just hate doing my own! It's a long process and i don't like it!! I prefer to shower at night so my hair so in the morning my hair is dry! But i have to wash it every other day! I can't go any longer cause it just looks horrible after that. All the dry shampoo won't make it look good!

The second thing i hate is painting my nails! I love having a beautiful polish on but i hate doing it myself!!! Now that i'm taking time off from having a job i don't have money to spend on manicures anymore so i either do it myself or have bare nails which i bite off! So i have been pretty regular now about doing it myself but it's a pain! 

starletta8

I so hate the blow dryer- my hair is super thin but I have a ton of it so it takes forever to dry!

ezinabee

I hate shaving and using tanning lotion. In the summer, I'll just wear pants every day to hide the hair and blinding white, but in the summer, I have to do both. I don't do spray tans so I use Jergens, and it smells do finding the time to do that when I'm not going out is annoying.

dolceloure

Ugh, threading! No matter how regularly I go, I never seemed to get used to the pain!

DTalksAll

- Hair removal; waxing, tweezing, epilating... :smileysad: I do it all myself too! The only are on my body I shave is my legs & I use one of the razors that has the soap around it. It takes 2 seconds for me to shave my legs in the shower so I don't mind that. Everything else is a process & I hate it. 

- Combing my hair. It's long & thick & straight, but tangles easily. I always threaten my boyfriend that i'm going to cut it, but I won't... it looks best long, I tried pixie, short bob, long bob, short layers, long layers... none of it looks good. I spend a long time gently combing it (no brush on wet hair!) with oil or cream. 

- Applying self tanner/prepping for application. I hate doing it, so I gave up. Even on the gradual mousse. I'm now embracing my paleness. 

kenny

I find blow drying my hair to be incredibly annoying. It's not like it takes very long, since my hair isn't terribly long or thick but I kind of hate doing it but my hair never wants to air dry nicely.

I also hate clean my makeup brushes. There is just so many and it's a boring task. Although it is a pretty necessary task

jellybean917

I hate the part where I have to explain to my fiance where all of my new beauty products come from. He's not really buying "What? This old thing?" anymore.

rikkie

Ahahaha, I know that feeling! Right now I have to get my husband to bring me all my mail so he knows just how many orders I've made. :smileyfrustrated: Not cool. 

rikkie

Ughhh, shaving all the time in the summer! I want to wear cute skirts but really!! I will admit the one good thing about Canadian winters is the excuse to neeeeever shave my legs in the winter (an extra layer of insulation???) good thing my husband still loves me, hahahah.....

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

lol :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

Doing my roots blonde every 3-4 weeks when I was platinum. It was so much work and would give me a headache.

prettyinpa

Hair removal tops my list of unpleasant activities. I have an EpiLady which pulls the hair out, like wax, only tidier, but it still hurts.

I'm also not fond of triceps dips (exercise for the flabby area in back of my arms), but I hate wobbly skin back there worse.

ChicDabbler

Waxing. Shaving is ok, but Im pretty hairy and have....hobbit-esque feet, so I wax certain areas. I dont like things that hurts. =[

I also know certain food will give me breakouts for sure, but I love them so its hard.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon