starletta8

Suffering for beauty...

OK, fess up: What are the things that you do for beauty that you just really hate doing?

Whether they're just plain annoying or actually painful- what are the things you wish you didn't have to do?

I'll start- I'm currently suffering in the "just did my hair" routine.  I'm someone who needs a shower every day to feel human- but when I do my hair, I just wash up for a day or two to try to buy a bit more time out of every time I go red. By day 2-3, I'll wet the hair so that I can blow it out.  But this morning, my hair still feels clean but is driving me nuts!

I also hate the daily shaving routine in the summer.

wingatprsct

Re: Suffering for beauty...

There's not any one thing in particular that I hate doing.  It is the time consumed to completely get primped and out the door that I despise!  I have to wash/dry my hair every day since it is oily, then the shaving, plucking, skin regime, makeup....oh, and don't forget to put on clothes!  I can get out the door in an hour and some days less if I'm not going anywhere.  I don't like to think of at as time wasted, I love the end results.  But some days I just wished I could roll out of bed and in 15 minutes look gorgeous and ready to go!  Men have it so easy.

Yuumei

After reading down the page I feel pretty fortunate that I don't have anything painful... but I do find plucking my eyebrows very annoying. I have somehow managed to have my 'unwanted' brow hairs grow in sporadic patches so I only have to pluck maybe 10-15 on one day, and then the next 10-15 will be sticking out a little the next morning so I remove them... so basically it ends up being an almost every single day routine, but at least this way it's only about 5 minutes of my morning :smileyhappy:  OH yeah, and my new annoyance is getting glitter nail polish off!!! Why is glitter nail polish SO MUCH harder to remove than normal polish? Why did I have to fall in love with sparkling nail tips... I just can't resist <(^.^)>

clarks18

I HATE doing my hair.  I will spend hours on my makeup if I have the time but hair....uuguugghhh.  I just hate it so much.  If I ever won the lottery I would hire my own hair stylist!  I also hate shaving.  It's just no fun and has to be done so often. 

PoshDarling

Getting my hair colored. It takes so long and I have no patience so the wait feels like forever.

Blow Drying my hair. I wish there was a place that I liked close enough to me that I could just get a weekly blow out because drying my long, thick hair is quite the task, added to the fact that I am not particularly talented at styling my hair, which makes it even worse.

grassy

Bikini area. OMG no matter what I've tried I always end up with ingrown hairs and irritation. Never, ever will I was again...PAIN! Tried laser and that didn't work. Stuck with shaving but don't particularly enjoy it! I basically avoid the pool and beach when I can. Being hairy stinks!

SailorK

Oh, man. I've gotten two Brazilians in my lifetime. They will be the only two that I ever get. So I would have to say, shaving my bikini line. I get insane hair bumps no matter what I do, and since they leave dark marks behind...ugh. I really prefer not shaving and groan when I feel like I "have" to. And sometimes I don't. I'm just like, "Deal with it." 

The best is not shaving my armpits for a while and then finally doing it!

pinklissamel

Hands down WAXING!!!

UGH why does it have to be so painfull???

After trying the DIY version, nixed that idea real quick much better to have someone inflict that kinda quick pain. Wish it wasn't so expensive to have someone rip hair off your body.

tashalicious

getting my hair done, it's expensive and it's often a long process.

melissabt

I hate getting my hair done (hair color)! Its such a longgggg process and I just don't like wasting my day. I wish it could be done in 1 hour so I could just be done with it:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
LKuhle

Doing my hair. I have thick, curly hair that takes forever for me to wash and then I always blow dry/straighten since I hate my natural hair. I only wash twice a week, but it's still such a process and the nights I do it have to be set aside just for my hair so I can let it air dry most of the way. The biggest pain ever.

neko333

I feel maybe a little bit blessed (I'm sorry) after reading all the posts. My body hair mostly comes in as peach fuzz blonde. If the area has coarse hair it will be red, but that's pretty much limited to obvious places like my armpits. That being said, I hate plucking my eyebrows. Nail polish can have it's annoying days as well. My hair is also straight when long, but when I cut it, It just gets lots of body. I can style my hair and it'll hold shape for three days. So I've never had to encounter the irritating styling. The only thing that was annoying was when I had it long is it was a pain to detangle and I went through product like crazy. I hate lipstick, i always feel, no matter what the color, that it looks a little strange on me. It doesn't want to stay on, it dries my lips, and I have to reapply.  

Fabz

Plucking my eyebrows/waxing. I wish the fluffy caterpillar look was in <3

marydiva

I have curly hair, which equals BEAUTY PAIN IN THE NECK!!! Haha, it's a pain. I have to use styling products & condition every morning and let it air dry!! 

Also, I'm italian, so shaving is an every day thing!

And eyebrows/heels/inability to tan!! 

islandqt

This isn't technically a necessity or beautiful BUT I think it's annoying how women (especially during the summer) have to suffer the pain and annoyance of bikini/brazilian waxes. Of course it is a choice but not if you want to be left alone or not stared at!!

A friend of mine lamented the other day that growing up she never thougth there was anything wrong with how that part of her looked as it was intended to UNTIL it was pointed out to her that something was "wrong".

In line with the thread I hate eyebrow waxing/threading and pedicures. I'm sorry I just do NOT find pedicures relaxing. My nails grow very deeply into the sides of my toes and pedicurists often go a little too crazy trying to get into all the nooks and crannies and I find it unpleasant. Also my third and fourth toes are very sensitive for some reason. :smileysad:

SailorK

Seriously! I hate that about shaving your bikini line. There's nothing wrong with having hair, but it never fails. Someone always has to open their mouth about it. The way I see it, if your face isn't going to be down there, it really shouldn't be your concern!

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

omg.... LOL :smileyhappy:

bearsmom

Eyebrows -- I used to pluck them like I should and keep them groomed.  Now I wax them monthly-or-so and use a trimmer if they really get hideous in between.  

Shaving my legs --I don't really mind doing it, but my husband says I can't do it in the jacuzzi and the only other options are the shower (awkward positions) or the bathroom sink (my kids come in EVERY TIME), so I shave before church every Sunday and before we swim, but all other days just depend if it seems convent or not In the shower.

Showers -- I love showers, just don't love brushing my hair, washing my hair, conditioning my hair, rinsing my hair, towel drying my hair, combing my hair, spraying my hair, drying my hair, styling my hair..... So shower everyday, but I would have to be extremely uncomfortably dirty to take a second shower.

Bikini wax -- let's just be honest, it hurts like heck.  Why do we come up with such torture and call it beauty!!!!!

orkira

Eyeliner, I always take 15 minutes doing it just to make sure the line is straight and even on both eyelids.  Ugh!

starletta8

I can't believe I forgot this!

lip scrubs are the WORST. Ultimately I need them but they hurt.

starletta8

I posted that on my ipad, so I couldn't get into detail.  My lips get so sensitive when I use a scrub- but I need them to get rid of the flakes. They literally hurt!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon