starletta8

Suffering for beauty...

OK, fess up: What are the things that you do for beauty that you just really hate doing?

Whether they're just plain annoying or actually painful- what are the things you wish you didn't have to do?

I'll start- I'm currently suffering in the "just did my hair" routine.  I'm someone who needs a shower every day to feel human- but when I do my hair, I just wash up for a day or two to try to buy a bit more time out of every time I go red. By day 2-3, I'll wet the hair so that I can blow it out.  But this morning, my hair still feels clean but is driving me nuts!

I also hate the daily shaving routine in the summer.

lovemesomerain

Re: Suffering for beauty...

apply a lot of vaseline on ur lips before bed and hopefully some is still on ur lips the next morning take a semi-hot wash cloth and wipe back and forth to exfoliate..it works for me..

annonymous1

Nails, Nail polish,

idk if i'm the only one, but even with fast dry top coats i hate painting my nails! i always seem to mess them up and touch something or bump it into something its so annoying.

also waxing my eyebrows, there too thick and they grow too fast for me to pluck them everyday or so so i have to wax them once a week.

kenny

I agree with nail polish. I find it annoying, it takes time and it's so easy to ruin. Usually I only end up doing my nails in the summer, because I'm already doing my toes (I can't stand not having toenails painted if I'm wearing open-toe shoes)

prosopon

One thing that really gets under my skin is reapplying sunscreen anywhere, but especially on the face.

I am definitely in the habit of wearing products with sunscreen on my face everyday.  Now that summer has rolled around, I am finding the need to wear sunscreen everywhere.  Even the supposed lightweight, dry-to-the-touch formulas feel nasty on my skin.  And then to reapply it, to remember to reapply it, is the worst.  But, I know that it is important to have on, not only to block the harmful rays from burning my skin, but to prevent the dreaded wrinkles!

DTalksAll

YES! I hate reapplying! What helps for me is keeping the PTR sunscreen brush on me at all times (one's in my purse & I keep another in my car). It's quick & easy, doesn't disrupt makeup & doesn't leave a film behind. 

I've tried them all & like the blue one the best

http://www.sephora.com/oily-problem-skin-instant-mineral-powder-spf-30-P235909?skuId=1165844

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I have wanted to try the powder/brush sunscreens for a while. I will definitely check it out.  Thanks dannyc!

bearsmom

Yes, try it!!!! It's great!!!!

Apocalyptica

Plucking my eyebrows and straightening my hair is so annoying. I'm so lazy, I really hair straightening my hair but it always ends up looking better.

Working out often hurts but I push myself to do it anyways because I like the end results. Plucking eyebrows can hurt too. Waxing is never fun and it definitely doesn't tickle! But lucky for me I have a decent pain threshold so I don't mind it all that much.

janinebt

Working out is another one that I hate doing...I took a week long break but I'm back in the running shoes once again. I think my main problem is just finding interesting ways to stay fit. I find gyms to be boring so I'm always looking at classes as fun alternatives like yoga, dance classes, etc. I really wanna try an aerial arts class or even aerial yoga!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Apocalyptica

I'm dying to find a yoga class! I've been doing some youtube videos but it's just not the same. Also I actually really enjoy and miss the gym! It's hard to find motivation to go alone though.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Haha I'm the complete opposite whenever I go to the gym I'm turn into a complete mute. That and it's just kinda difficult to find someone that wants to go during the same time frame as me. Most people finish too soon or want to stay for wayyy longer than my average hour/hour and a half.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
DTalksAll

I prefer working out alone. I want to go at my own pace & push myself when my body needs it. I can't be bothered having conversations, slowing down, or stepping up due to someone else. 

I've built a library of workout DVD's at home ranging from 20 min full body workouts to 2 hour yoga sessions. Also the Nike Training app is AWESOME for on-the go. Even my boyfriend uses them when training for soccer and he hates all of my workouts. 

DinaD4168

So So many!  Straightening my hair, waxing and tweezing eyebrows are definitely the top of the list.  Actually any and all hair removal processes are fairly painfuul. GAH! I especially hate my eyebrows and upper lip though. 

MoreGun89

Anything dealing with hair tends to be a bit obnoxious.  I'm not a big fan of blush either since I don't feel the most competent applying it, but with foundations, it's a must to not looks sick or something :smileytongue:

janinebt

I have a few beauty 'ughss' that I'm plagued with on a weekly basis. I hate plucking my eyebrows, I know it only takes about 20 minutes to do once a month, but it just annoys me. I don't trust the salons so I just take on the task myself to ensure satisfactory results.

Straightening my hair is a complete pain...so much so that I don't even do it anymore. I just either go to the salon and have it done or rock a high bun. I actually straightened my hair for the first time myself this year last week and was pretty impressed that I had the patience to get it done.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
prosopon

(0) Hearts

I agree with you, janinebt, about straightening hair.  If I want my hair straight I have to blow dry it first then run it through a flat iron. Not only does it take forever, but I know that it is damaging my hair to use two heating tools on my hair.  At the salon, the stylists can use a blow dryer and a round brush with ease.  I think I would need a third hand to accomplish what they do.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i wish i did mine once a week! The hair on my eyebrows grows so incredibly fast! I do them once a week because they will quickly loose shape! 

nebel

I really dislike removing and applying nail polish.

roxystar4

@nebel  I do too! Esp glittery nail polish. It is so hard to get that stuff off!

starletta8

Use the foil trick- makes life so much easier.

Signed, the BTer who could make nails a full-time thing just by rotating her stash.

prosopon

I'm intrigued now.  What is this foil trick you speak of?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon