starletta8

Suffering for beauty...

OK, fess up: What are the things that you do for beauty that you just really hate doing?

Whether they're just plain annoying or actually painful- what are the things you wish you didn't have to do?

I'll start- I'm currently suffering in the "just did my hair" routine.  I'm someone who needs a shower every day to feel human- but when I do my hair, I just wash up for a day or two to try to buy a bit more time out of every time I go red. By day 2-3, I'll wet the hair so that I can blow it out.  But this morning, my hair still feels clean but is driving me nuts!

I also hate the daily shaving routine in the summer.

nebel

Re: Suffering for beauty...

Saturate a cotton pad with polish remover and place it on your nail, then wrap the finger tip in aluminum foil and wait a few minutes. Makes removing glitter polish much easier.

See, not even just glitter polish. I hate polish removal PERIOD.  Like "uhhhhhggggh."

I hate painting my nails slightly less, but still, there are always other things i'd rather be doing.  Unlike when i'm doing my face, which I enjoy.

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

I am SO going to try this aluminum foil trick... thank you!

colorobsession

Waxing and shaving are such a pain. Having dark hair means having to be extra meticulous about that kind of stuff, and I feel like everything grows back So. Flippin. Fast. 

Ugh.

I also had to use sunless tanner a lot for dance competitions, and it's such a process to apply, not to mention the fact that you usually end up being pretty smelly!

rikkie

Oh man, my skin is so translucently white even the not especially dark hairs on my legs stand out if I miss something or skip a day. Horrible. 

starletta8

I'm lucky- I'm translucent, but with light body hair. Still drives me nuts though.

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

Straightening my hair!! Takes way too long, makes me really hot (and sweaty sometimes, if we're being honest), and I usually tend to burn a finger or two!

I also hate shaving.

lolo01

[ Edited ]

Ditto viviene23 Doll!!!

Waxing, plucking are the top most pain for beauty... Second on my list is wearing heels everyday in the office but fashion and beauty come first. . then pain :smileywink:

miabt

All of your responses crack me up :smileyhappy:  The very top of my list of "pain is beauty" moments is being cold or wearing extremely high heels, to make sure my outfit is perfect.  Waxing doesnt bother me as much anymore since its so quick, but enduring hours & hours for my feet in pain.... soooo bad!

xo, Mia

starletta8

Heels don't even hurt me anymore!  I bet I've long passed the damage point, LOL.

viviene23

waxing tops my list for sure---i'm seriously contemplating total laser hair removal!

another one is beauty peels-- the raw feeling after the peel then the peeling and the dryness...all in the name of beauty :-P

bearsmom

Me too!!!  Give me laser!!!

ellevee09

Putting lotion on my body when I get out of the shower. Oooh I'm just so cooold I just wanna get dressed. :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

Brushing out my hair everyday...  I have long, curly hair so I have to rinse and condition it everyday and make sure the curls stick together so it looks half decent.  It's a pain to brush it out so there are no snarls and the curls don't frizz up.  Even with styling products there is a chance for frizz even though it's not that often.

viviene23

I hear yah...I hate brushing my hair!

I have long layers and I rarely brush my hair...

I feel like i'm committing some sort of a major hair crime ;-D

sephoralovex

Waxing, plucking my eyebrows, self tanning.

DesertRose0706

Ugg,there are so many things!   First on my list would be self tanning.  I love the way it looks when its done, but it is just so much work and it is so tedious and you really have to work hard to make sure you dont get streaks lol.  I also hate waxing in general becuase it hurts, its sticky and wax tends to get everywhere even though I use the pre-waxed strips.  I also hate shaving my legs!  It takes sooo much time!!! Oh and using the at home gel nail systems.  They look great and last a long time, but there are so many steps and again it takes so long!!!

I could keep going, but thses are definetely the things I hate the most and always put off until there's just no getting around doing lol.

starletta8

I'm too scared to self-tan!

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

Me too... I am so pale too... I bet I would look terrible :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

I love doing my own gels. I suck at painting my nails, so it does take a while, but I normally do it while watching TV on a Thursday night. It goes by quicker that way! Once I'm done I can go do chores & not worry about messing up my nails & they last a lot longer. I hated painting my nails with regular polish, waiting forever for them to be fully dry, only to wake up the next morning with a chip or smudge :smileysad: 

colorobsession

I TOTALLY feel the same way!! I love painting my nails, but I feel like I always manage to screw them up within the first 20 minutes after I did them. I found that nails inc Kensington Caviar top coat has been the best I've used so far in terms of making your nails touch dry in a realistic amount of time. 

keelybt

Dying my hair!  I dread it every time, but I have had the WORST salon experiences ever with coloring.  I have to prep my bathroom so I don't get dye all over....my hair is long and kind of thick so it just takes a while.  Since I dye my hair red and red FADES, I have to do all my hair not just the roots.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon