starletta8

Suffering for beauty...

OK, fess up: What are the things that you do for beauty that you just really hate doing?

Whether they're just plain annoying or actually painful- what are the things you wish you didn't have to do?

I'll start- I'm currently suffering in the "just did my hair" routine.  I'm someone who needs a shower every day to feel human- but when I do my hair, I just wash up for a day or two to try to buy a bit more time out of every time I go red. By day 2-3, I'll wet the hair so that I can blow it out.  But this morning, my hair still feels clean but is driving me nuts!

I also hate the daily shaving routine in the summer.

nebel

Re: Suffering for beauty...

Saturate a cotton pad with polish remover and place it on your nail, then wrap the finger tip in aluminum foil and wait a few minutes. Makes removing glitter polish much easier.

See, not even just glitter polish. I hate polish removal PERIOD.  Like "uhhhhhggggh."

I hate painting my nails slightly less, but still, there are always other things i'd rather be doing.  Unlike when i'm doing my face, which I enjoy.

Yuumei

(0) Hearts

I am SO going to try this aluminum foil trick... thank you!

colorobsession

Waxing and shaving are such a pain. Having dark hair means having to be extra meticulous about that kind of stuff, and I feel like everything grows back So. Flippin. Fast. 

Ugh.

I also had to use sunless tanner a lot for dance competitions, and it's such a process to apply, not to mention the fact that you usually end up being pretty smelly!

rikkie

Oh man, my skin is so translucently white even the not especially dark hairs on my legs stand out if I miss something or skip a day. Horrible.