janinebt

Splurge Wishlist

[ Edited ]

So it's common for everyone to have items on their shopping list, but what are some items that are on your 'splurge' list? Items that are more so 'investment' pieces that you plan on eventually getting someday. Below are a few things that I've been eyeing for a while :smileyhappy:.

The Sephora Zuca Bag

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Pro Rolling Bag

I've seen the Zuca bag in person and it's absolutely perfect, especially for freelancing make up gigs. It's surprisingly pretty small but has enough space to fit a wide range of supplies. I love that it has wheels and is TSA approved.

The NARS Botan Brush

NARS - Botan Brush

The Botan brush is HUGE and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand making it easy to buff on powder products in just a few sweeps. It's like a giant kabuki brush.

A Chanel Purse

I love the timeless clean look of chanel bags and have wanted one since I was young. They're so feminine and can easily be dressed up or down.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
missjr

Re: Splurge Wishlist

What a fantastic topic!  I was just telling someone at the office the other day that my body is at my desk, but my mind is at a luxury spa.  So if I had to add something to my "splurge" list, it would have to be a 5-day stay at the Caudalie Spa just a "stone's throw  from Paris."  Oooh-la-la!

I want what they call the "Caudalie Exceptional Cure" treatment.  This includes body and facial treatments with two specially selected treatments that vary each day.  These include either a barrel bath, a red wine bath or a grape marc bath; a merlot wrap; the honey and wine wrap or the Fleur de vigne wrap; a massage under a  Vichy shower with grapeseed oil or the Cabernet scrub; a Caudalie grand facial treatment; a Caudalie massage or a planter reflexology workout.

The price for all this grandness?  1166 EUR for five days which is the equivalent of $1,426.73 USD.   It's quite a chunk of change, but I would consider this the splurge of a lifetime!  

carot_01.jpg

carot_07.jpg

dianabt

@missjr I was JUST debating if I want to shell out during my NYC trip a visit to the Caudalie Spa in the Plaza Hotel!! I'd much rather prefer the one IN France.. but this will do! I can't even decide what treatment I'd like they all sound so great! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

1) A fancy gaited horse! I'd love to have a pretty horse, maybe a paint or Appaloosa, or a Gypsy horse. (Talk about a splurge, waay more than Louboutins, which I can't wear because I have a bone issue in one foot).

In the beauty/clothes department:
2) I'd love to have a Jason Wu jacket that I saw in Elle magazine, crazy expensive and not even all that wearable, but so exotic looking.

3) A bigger beauty closet so I can organize all my stuff and not have it piled up or behind other stuff where I can't reach it or it gets hidden.

4) All the different brands of lip stain that Sephora carries, in pink/mauve/nude shades! Then I could always have my favorite colors right at hand and I wouldn't get heartbroken when I lost one, I could just go get another one from my new bigger beauty closet! :smileyhappy:
janinebt

Wow everyone has such great wants! I'm on the Louboutin want list too, but rather than getting a pair of classic pumps I'd want something with spikes or glitter.

@berniebeauty-I love the high quality time turner! Harry Potter book 3 was my favorite :smileyhappy:.

@ Prettyinpa-Gaited horses are AMAZING. I've only been on one in my equestrian lifetime, but that was all it took to want one.
My closet's a nightmare, so having a bigger one would be a dream...although it'd also give me an excuse to do even more shopping o.O.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
MacHora

LVW.jpg

Louis Vuitton Monogram Wilshire MM bag. I can only imagine the junk I could store in this bag :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

Those Loubies look fabulous and I wouldn't mind going to an Anastasia brow bar and get my eyebrows done right.  Unfortunately I'm all the way on the east coast and as far as I can tell, they are in CA.  I also tried to find a Benefit but I don't see one in my state?

janinebt

I'm literally in awe over that Caudalie spa package in France! Wow! 5 whole days of living in pure bliss sounds good to me. The NYC spa also has a bunch of really amazing looking treatments, but like Diana I'd find it so difficult to just choose one or two. I'm going to add this onto my 'Things I wanna do in NYC list'.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
jessica223344

[ Edited ]

Hi Janine,

This is a great topic.  Thanks for talking about it.  Here are some of the items I'd splurge on.

Below: T3 Single Whirlpass - Parker beaded and leather sleevless.

T3 Single Pass Whirlparker top.jpg

Below: Stewart Weitzman corded Sandals - Vera Wang sandals (not able to enlarge image)

Stuart Weitzman 'Cordy' Sandal.jpgVera Wang Footwear 'Cristina' Sandal.jpgVera Wang 'Cristina' shoe

Willia
ms Sonoma Tartlette Pans - Deux Lux weekender.

Tartlet Pan Set WS.jpgDeux lux felix weekender duffle.jpg

Marios Schwab Sun Hat.  I'm not sure what it would look like on.  I do know that it would be fun to wear.

Marios Schwab sun hat

Plus, Chanel tights that I cannot locate. 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I dont really spend a lot of money on things like clothes and shoes so I will just go with beauty items.

1. YSL Creme de Blush $38 (I have a NARS Multiple so I have spend more than this on blush, but this is such a SMALL jar...)

2. Dior 5 Color Eyeshadow in Rosy Tan $59 (I have too many shadows/palettes and neutrals but I am the *biggest* sucker for anything Dior (dont judge me)

3. Dior Capture Totale Foundation $80 (I've never used liquid foundation, but I've tried this on in store a few times a long time ago and loved the way it looked on me, the price and pump bottle package has kept me from getting the full sized product)

4. Dior Garden Clutch Makeup Palette for glowing eyes and lips $75 (it only has 3 glosses and 2 shadows...grr)

5. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Fragrance $60 (this scent is SOOOO me)

6. Escada Rockin Rio Fragrance $72 (I love Escada but hate that every scent is limited ed)

dianabt

I wrote before but got flagged due to a bad image i copied! :smileysad:

1. Louboutin spiked pumps. Totally unnecessary and flashy but i would LOVE a pair.. only $1500.00 hahahaah but I'm wanting a very specific platform silver pump :smileyhappy: 

i'd also like to splurge on a black marchesa lace gown and a a liftetime itunes and barnes/nobles gift cards so I can download as much music as I want and as many books as I want :smileywink:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
babybear04

LOUBIES!!!!!!! I think the thing i want more than anything is a pair of Christian Louboutin heels!! Unfortunately for me, I had foot surgery this summer and my doc said i'll pretty much have to kick my heels to the curb, so i guess according to my doc i shouldn't ever wear a pair of these heels.  But that makes me want it soooo much more!  I don't care what anyone says....I WILL OWN/WEAR A PAIR OF LOUBOUTINS ONE DAY!!!!

maltipoo66

Hi!  Here are some investments on my splurge list:

1. YSL Creme de Blush Powdery Rose #2

2. Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick

3. Givenchy Mister Lash Booster

4. Clinique all about the eyes

5. YSL Glossy Stains

Maybe I'll get a couple for my birthday in a few months!

berniebeauty

[ Edited ]

Im such a geek, the thing I want most right now is a good quality time turner necklace lol

But some things I've been eyeing on sephora.com that are out of budget or I already have something too close to it are...

the gelshine system

SEPHORA by OPI - gelshine™ At-Home Gel Colour System

and then a few colors to go along with it. I'd love to have nail color that lasts for a few weeks.

the beauty and bride kit, even though I'm noo where near being a bride XD

Sephora Favorites - Beauty & The Bride

I also would love to fill an Urban Decay make your own palette with eyeshadow, but I have too much eyeshadow as is. 

I did think that luchbox with several benefit beauty kits in it looked super cool. too bad its gone!

~~We are all beautiful~~

ChicDabbler

Ahh yes, the splurge. If you are talking about that, I have to separate it between beauty and clothing/fashion.

For beauty:  Aromachology Clean&Fresh perfume, YSL eye palette in Tawny, YSL lipstick with SPF15.

AROMACHOLOGY - Clean & FreshYves Saint Laurent - OMBRES 5 LUMIÈRES - 5 Colour Harmony For EyesYves Saint Laurent - ROUGE VOLUPTÉ - Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15

For fashion: Louboutin pump, structured work bag like this Reed Krakoff one, fitted leather pants like this Marc Jacob one. These 3 because comfortable, fashionable and quality shoes, bags, and leather jeans are non-existent except in luxe brands. I also really want this ring because the little gears actually work and it twists! I'm an engineer and like to pull/twirl things when I think, did I mention it twists???

http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/products/mg/NMS6930_mg.jpghttp://images.saksfifthavenue.com/images/products/04/477/8544/0447785444726/0447785444726R__A1_300x400.jpg

I don't earn much and am paying for a new car right now, but I plan to start buy them within the next 5 years. I should have used up enough of my current perfume/cosmetic stash, and earned enough money by then.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • dianabt
    • berniebeauty
    • janinebt