cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

SiJCP (Sephora Inside JCPenney) - share your pics, promos & pretties ❤️

ulta.JPG

Welcome!   This thread is all about the SiJCP experience!  These stores are different than the stand-alone Sephora stores and like everything else, there are pros & cons.

Some of the pros:

• SiJCP has exclusive Sephora Favorites Sets (which aren’t sold online😞 Post a pic of any you may find out there in the wild
  • GWP promos: sent out via email, snail mail or postcard offers in the store. There is usually no minimum purchase requirement but you will need the barcode.  Be a pal? Post any offers you come across here Cat Very Happy
  • Their own “Rewards”: the 100-pt’ers are usually different then stand-alone stores

Some of the cons (IMO😞

• Their own “Rewards”: which are hardly ever stocked
  • The great mystery of the “SiJCP Email Distribution List” is still….you guessed it – a mystery! No one, not even store employees, know how to get on this email distribution list.  The investigation is still ongoing 
  • Communication isn’t consistent Cat Frustrated and each store seems to operate differently.

BTW, if you had a good experience at the store, please complete the survey – this means a lot to the hard working SA’s.

Thanks everyone for your help Heart 

Image result for sephora gif

Tags:

Re: SiJCP (Sephora Inside JCPenney) - share your pics, promos & pretties ❤️

Just came from SIJCP the Bite Beauty Let Love Glow set rang up as $36.00. I have it in my Sephora basket for $42.00. I also got the deluxe Benefit Hula Contour Stick, deluxe Sunday Riley CEO cream and KVD Trooper Tatoo Liner.

Unfortunately they did not yet receive the new Summer Give Me More Lips SIJCP Summer Favorites.

Anonymous Insider

Has anyone redeemed the lancome lipgloss from a few pages back?

i didnt like it, it washes me out 😞

No, not yet! Tried to but they hadn't gotten it shipped to them yet. 

Anonymous Insider

I really want to try it but i dont know if my sjcp will get them because they dont carry lancome 

I was able to redeem the Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick offer today. My store just got them, I asked about it the last two times and almost gave up checking back, lol. It is .05 oz. 

20170426_141348.jpg

20170426_141227.jpg

Oh that is just too cute, I am hoping for a promo or point perk for this quickie stick and the dandelion twinkle or galifornia (wishful thinking) to come online!

Thanks for sharing @angel7594 ❤

It's so cute! I think I need this!

Haven't been into SiJCP since the first day of the VIB Sale but I'm going to try and see if I can step into one in the next couple of days and try my luck 🙂

Redeeming it online would be so much easier, Haha.

@ZombieMetroAnt and all the ladies who share their offers,thank u. Unfortunately, I have rarely been able to get any offers redeemed at my local sjcp. I spent $140 during the sale and was told by a snooty SA that no matter how much money I spend, she could only offer me one deluxe sample/visit. She felt the need to school me in front of other customers. She claimed that it was her manager's policy bc people have been coming in and spent like $5 and wanted a bunch of samples. They felt the need to draw the line somewhere. Apparently, there is no difference bwtn $140 and $5.That manager and the SAs I have dealt with at that store have a horrible attitude. I have yet to meet a good SA at the two sjcps near me. @ZombieMetroAnt would appreciate your advice on this situation.

Sephora online does the same since you are talking about money.  It is one Promo with at least a $25 purchase.  So, if I buy a $140 perfume then I also get one promo + 3 samples.

You need to learn the store policy and then work around it. Now, you know this particular store gives out 1 promo per purchase.  That means that you have to go to more SiJCPs if you want more promos or go on different days.  This is what a lot of us do.  Most people are not getting a bunch of promos for 1 shopping trip.  

Sometimes this happens because a SA allowed it, but it is not really the norm.

So, you get 1 promo and 3 store made samples.  Sounds fair enough to me.  Are you there to shop or collect free stuff??????  Ask for things you really want and that way you are not disappointed.

If they don't have it, then ask for a store made sample. 

I usually go for the skincare since trying before buying is good and most FS skincare is very expensive.  I get those promos or just get store made samples when the containers are pumps, etc. I am happy with either. 

@dido2007 Sadly, that's just how it is. The best you can do is do a survey for their poor CS (in regards to how they berated you). Every store has a different policy. There isn't a "set" policy that all stores follow. It's very rare that any store gives out all possible samples from a purchase.

For example, mine is quite rude as well (I don't wanna start ranting about that! :D). They will only give 1 sample per 1 item purchased (regardless of the price). They also make me show the barcode and will only redeem it if the barcode works. 

My guess is it also depends on where you live. The above store I mentioned has very "unsavory" individuals come in. The SA told me that multiple times, an entire family of about 8 (moms, grandmas, daughters, cousins, and sometimes even the boys in the family that don't wear makeup) will come in and collectively purchase 1 item. They'd then demand that each person in their group get 1 of each item (even for the boys who won't use it). So that's X different items multiplied by 8. 

Its a bummer how some bad apples ruin it for everyone else. 

Also, it's gonna be tough to find any good SAs at a JCP location. The type of people they hire/the standards are very different than their regular stores. I feel like it's the difference between going to a Nordstrom/Neiman etc where they must give you good service (excluding the snobby ones), versus Walmart/Dollar Store where people aren't trained well and honestly DGAF. (Nothing against the latter stores; I've personally had very awful experiences at Walmart) 

That sounds about right @pinyo

@dido2007 I wish I had an answer for you but it really depends on the store.  

Spoiler
Try to create a relationship with the cast members and I think it helps to address them by name (For example, I usually go in there with "Hi Julie!" or "thanks Julie").  If they don't have a name tag, I'll ask them - "Hey, can I have your name for the survey?" and I'll remember it for next time.  It may sound like a lot of work but I see it as an investment for future visits (I usually stop by once a month, at least).  

Early on, they said to me "Oh hi!  You're the nice lady that always calls me by my name" but now they know me and I get "what up, Zombie!" LOL  

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!  Wish you the best of luck.
 00000.JPG

@pinyo @ZombieMetroAnt Thanks for replying to me and I really appreciate ur input. It wasn't even one gwp/item, the SA said that it was just one gwp/visit no matter how many things I bought or how much money I spent. I was like thanks but no thanks. U can get really great deals if you spend over a $100 at most stores these days. I do know some nice  sijcp SAs but those stores r a bit of a drive for me. I guess if I need something that only sephora carries then I will just have to go there!

@dido2007 - @ZombieMetroAnt gives great advice in her spoiler.  I have great SAs at my SiJCP.  I got to know them by name and chat with them when I see them.  It really helps.  I know they go out of their way for me vs. other customers.

@dido2007. I totally agree, I've love my  SAs. I do spend a fair amount of money, but I also ask them about their day, life etc. I almost always am able to redeem my offers. Their great about alerting me to new products and the sephora favorites kits they know I love asap. Kindness can go a long way, that being said I feel,the pain of others. The SAs in the stand alone Sephora, same mall are absolutely horrendous, never offer a thing and God forbid you have return or issue. 

@ZombieMetroAnt Thank you for maintaining this page.  I got a couple PTR Retinol Serum freebies since I knew to ask for it.  

I just just wanted to send you a quick thank you!  😇

Awesome-sauce @sarahshter!  I'm so glad you were able to pick those up! 

Thanks for for your thoughtful post but it's really a group effort.  💕❤️👍😁

I made a purchase at SiJCP today and once I got home, I realized they didn't put the receipt in my bag. I was wondering if SiJCP is able to pull up the transaction through my Beauty Insider as a regular Sephora would.

I like to keep all my recent receipts incase of anything, especially during these impulsive 15% off  purchases so any past experiences would be helpful. Thank you! 

If you use your BI, you can always check in your account. It should be under purchases. It keeps tabs on all your purchases and even the location where you made the purchase!

@KatieJiang 

@lisainprogress  Thank you Lisa! I was aware of this, but I wasn't sure if it works the same with the JCP system.

I think they can. There have been some people who have had their receipts pulled up when I have been there. 

I would go and ask to see if they can pull it up for you.

1 Reply
testing