Show us your vanity/make up set up!

Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I saw a great chair at TJ Maxx and it's $130 :-/ If I don't fall in love with anything else, I'll probably cave and get it

Target has some armless chairs on their web site and in the stores that are really pretty and probably in that price range! (Love your username by the way!)

(0) Hearts

Thank you and thank you! lol I, too, have to be careful in Target. It's next to impossible for me to spend less than $50 there, no matter what I came to get.

Seconded Target!! But shop online, if possible. I ran into that store yesterday to grab a few 'essentials' and left with an entire new organizational system for my closet and bathroom and so many other goodies. 

(0) Hearts

I always overspend when I go to Target! It's totally unavoidable for me!

IMG_1740.JPGLadies I sit with my head hung in shame but yes I keep my makeup on the bathroom countertop. I truly don't have any other space to store it. I only have a night stand in my bedroom, no dresser or even a desk. I do keep makeup I do plan to use and my best of the best in the bottom of the night stand. My only other option would be the kitchen table and that is overrun with LEGO's. IMG_1739.JPG

Wow!  Your vanity is amazingly clean & organized!  Mine is a hot mess & has products spewed all over the place Smiley Sad  I think you just inspired me to do a little purging to clean mine up a bit!

xo, Mia

Miabt that's probably because I barely own anything!! I actually have another ugly ikea bedside table (conveniently out of shot) that has my overflow.

My setup is a lot more streamlined than most would suspect. For one thing, it's literally a bathroom vanity.

Before everyone gets up in arms about humidity, take a deep breath and relax.  It's ok. When I bought my home, I saw this random "closet" that made no sense. It seemed like it should be a closet, but when you open the door, there's a tile floor and large bathroom vanity with sink and medicine cabinet!  Nope, not part of the bathroom. I wondered what the hades I'd do with this seemingly random and wasted area.  Well, it's my happy place.  Unlike others, I don't have a chair because it would take up the entire room. Still, I love it- and can climb up close enough to the mirrors to see.

This is how it normally looks at the height of its clutter.  I've got my morning setup on the left.

morning.jpg

A closeup of my fragrance tray (scents in rotation plus samples):

tray.jpg

My current subset of brushes currently out:

brushes.jpg

I prefer to keep things clean and simple.

Ah ,,, I so wished to have a space like this where I can set my vanity out of the reach of my little munchkin.

(0) Hearts

It's actually not kid-friendly since my makeup collection itself is all at kid-height!  It's also not something you can lock from the outside, sadly.

I just like to have it all out of sight from guests!

(0) Hearts

Awesome! There wouldn't be any humidity concern because you already told us it was just a sink, anyways! I love your brush collection.

It's across from the 2nd bedroom, so I'm thinking it was supposed to be a guest sink?  The funniest thing is that it's almost twice the size as the vanity in the actual bathroom!

Thanks- I have almost as many stashed away. I'm a sucker for a good brush, and feel the need to have the right brush for every circumstance!

Truth told, I love having my Shu 18R and the Dior Summer brushes in there for color!

(0) Hearts

Maybe his and hers sinks but they didnt have room? Or maybe it was built for what you use it for!

Nice! I like having ALL my stuff out and about so I can see it. To each her own, right? Hehe

(0) Hearts

I'm the opposite! I like mine all sorted in drawers and don't like it visible. I get overwhelmed easily and this way my life is more simpleSmiley Happy 

(0) Hearts

I have a ridiculous collection, so I'd be overwhelmed if I had options available.

image.jpg

Nit sure if this counts, but here's my new nail polish cart I got this weekend (it's actually a kitchen trolley but it's a nail polish cart for me lol)! I used to have some on top of the fireplace, some in my closet, and some in the laundry room, so this is a huge improvement! 

(0) Hearts

They would totally sell more if they called them nail polish carts! Lol! 

I agree! When I saw this I was like kitchen trolley? Um no, it's obviously a nail polish cart lol

(0) Hearts

I was so eyeing this cart when I was at Ikea last.

Now I am thinking I should have got it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments