Show us your vanity/make up set up!

Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I like the way you have things organized. Sometimes I do feel like I have too many options, but then I still keep buying stuff. #makeupaddictproblems Haha

(0) Hearts

I need more Drawer space! 

(0) Hearts

I do too heartsmyface! I don't have any drawers except for the top one in my yellow dresser that sits beside my desk. My boyfriend actually suggested that I draw out a concept of what I want my beauty area to be and then we'll go shopping to find the pieces to fit it. So I'm looking for a table with some drawers and then probably a set or two of the Alex drawers from Ikea. What I have now is ok, but it doesn't totally fit my needs (and growing collection) anymore. 

Love everyone's makeup and skincare areas. I find having a lamp right behind my mirror gives me enough light to put my makeup on even with natural light coming in from the window. I put my makeup in plastic baskets to keep it organized. 

(0) Hearts

That is one area my room is lacking in - natural light and good lighting! We rent our home so we can't install additional lighting. And I don't have room in my current setup for a big mirror (because I need the shelves above the desk for storage). 

I find these type of posts very interesting since my spaces aren't the average.

i do have an antique vanity that's been in my family for three generations, but I obviously don't use it as such. I keep a mirrored perfume tray on it where I put the next day's jewelry for easy access.

Technically I guess you could say I use a vanity in my "beauty room". It's a quarter bath, away from the actual bathroom.

(0) Hearts

I love antique vanities! I had one for the longest time. I had painted it so many times it was just ridiculous. I don't remember now when I got rid of it. I think my tastes changed or something broke on it. But now I wish I still had it!

(0) Hearts

Starletta I would love to see!

Here's my vanity when I first got it (bare and clean). Hawaii doesn't have an Ikea and I wasn't willing to pay the ridiculous shipping prices so this was the next best thing.true.jpeg

I'm in the process of cleaning my room/vanity.  It honestly looks like a tornado flew around my room so I won't be posting a current picture at the moment lol. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Love it! Where did you get it? I would love something like this for my vanity!

(0) Hearts

Inspiration! It's the closest thing I could get to a malm dresser :smileysad:

Omg! I'm so jealous of all of your vanities! I've been traveling so much for work the past six months that I've been basically just living out of my suitcase.

[ Edited ]

Yes it's a mess! Don't judge me.  LOL  As you can see, I have one lighted mirror and a LED lamp that clamps to my vanity.  My vanity is a desk we purchased from Home Depot.  I didn't want something with a middle drawer because you can't get to stuff if you're sitting at the vanity. it has side storage where I can put containers and such. I'm struggling with lighting even though I have a very large window to the right of the vanity I'm usually 1/2 naked when I'm at my vanity so I can't have it open to give me natural light.  I'm thinking of trying to put some kind of lights on the wall behind the vanity.  

#makeupaddictproblems

IMG_1279.JPG

That is such a brilliant way to dry your brushes! 

(0) Hearts

Thanx! I stole the idea from YT.  The whole set up is $2. $1 for the clear shoebox $1 for the pool noodle.  They dry faster because I can sit the container near a window AND they dry upside down so less water gets into the glue of the brush.

That box with the purple foam trim, is that how you dry your brushes? That is such a clever idea!!!

I get the curtain thing! theres a very good chance that while applying makeup all I'm wearing is a towel. 

[ Edited ]

This is what I have set up in my bedroom 

image.jpg

But out come to realize, the lighting is not great for actually putting on my makeup, so I moved most of my used items into a different room with much better lighting

image.jpg

I also have my shoes, nail polish and mini perfumes in this room - although I am looking for a display case for my minis (I may have an addiction)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love love you mini perfumes collection AznAngelLiz !!!!! I was counting to see how many you have haha. Yeah, hope you can find a case soon for those adorable minis. :-)

I've been looking on eBay but they're upwards of $100 and I keep thinking, that's $100 I can spend on makeup :smileytongue:

I've been using a bookshelf so far but I'm scared if I start a new shelf down, the cats will decide it's within their rights to jump on it. :smileysad: It's also not a very beautiful solution, haha.

minimini.png

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments