Show us your vanity/make up set up!

meagboho

Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

BuxomBabe80

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

(0) Hearts

They really do make some awesome stuff! I've been wanting to order a desk and the Alex drawers to makeover my makeup area. I just don't think our master bedroom will fit all of it. But I might move my daughter's room and take over hers as a makeup room for the two of us. We'll see. :smileyhappy:

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I would love a makeup room! I would probably never leave my house if I had one lol :smileyvery-happy:

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Totally counts, nice!

HawaiianEyes7

Thanks! You know you have a problem when you need a kitchen trolley for your nail polish lol :smileyvery-happy:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Yeah it's called undersized storage. 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I have to store all mine in boxes :smileysad: wish I had somewhere cuter though.

realitygreene

(0) Hearts

If you have the room I would suggest getting some Melmer's from Michael's! The official name is Recollections craft storage, I believe. It's a 3 drawer cube that is perfect for holding nail polish because the drawers are tall enough to stand the polishes up. I believe it's 14x14 and it hold about 300 polishes.

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I'd like to get a rack eventually, but this is great in the meantime!

laurabt

Hi Meagboho,

I LOVE your vanity desk! Can I ask where you got it? I'm looking for something just like that!  I love how it looks sort of vintage, but still has a nice finish to it.  I'm with you in that I would have to supplement it with extra drawers, but that's easy to do.

:smileyhappy: -Laura

meagboho

Hi Laura!

Thank you, I got it through Amazon Prime, try typing something like Bobkona St. Croix.  2 day shipping and the price was right :smileyhappy: I just ordered the matching jewelry armoire as well. Good luck in your search, there are a lot of great options out there.

laurabt

Thanks! I will definitely check it out.  You're right, there are so many options, it's hard to choose! :smileyhappy: -Laura

meagboho

(0) Hearts

You'll have to show us your set up once you get one! 

BuxomBabe80

2014-05-11 22.05.07.jpgThis is my main makeup area. I use the cubes to the left of the table for storage, as well as many of the shelves (which were originally intended to house my books, lol) and the top drawer of my yellow dresser. 

2014-05-11 22.04.47.jpgI keep most of my nail polishes on top of the dresser I share with my boyfriend. There also are bottles in my daughter's bedroom and on my white shelves. I also keep some in a cake stand. LOL!

2014-05-11 22.04.15.jpgAforementioned cake stand that holds random bottles of polish. 

2014-05-11 22.11.44.jpgI have this little yellow shelf with hooks where I keep a couple of piggy banks but I also post up ideas and inspiration on the magnetic board above the yellow shelf.

2014-05-11 22.06.35.jpgThe top shelf above my makeup desk holds magazines, a couple of photos and knick nacks and some glittery nail polish shades.

2014-05-11 22.06.41.jpgThe bottom shelf has more photos (I love having family photos all over my house, but I digress, this is about makeup storage), my knock off perfumes and some body oils, several of my favorite blushes, my Formula X nail polishes that I use the most, my Fresh lip scrub, a bunch of lip glosses and a plastic three drawer thingy that holds fake eyelashes, some eyeshadows and a few cream eyeliners.

2014-05-11 22.07.04.jpgOn top of my dresser I have an acrylic lipstick holder I got from HauteLook that has a few of my favorite lippies.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

I ADORE your setup! It's so fun and colorful!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I've never been afraid to spray paint anything that needed jazzed up a bit. Colorful ought to be my middle name. LOL :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

It looks like wonderland!!!! Love the colours!!!!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Thank you, heartsmyface! I definitely love bright colors, so it's perfect for me!

BuxomBabe80

2014-05-11 22.07.52_2.jpg

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

2014-05-11 22.10.58.jpg(Sorry for the sideways photo) The top drawer of my yellow dresser has some random receipts, extra sponges and stuff, contacts, a lighter for my candles and a couple of drugstore mascaras I picked up that I'll get around to trying eventually. 

2014-05-11 22.07.23.jpgOn top of my desk, I used an office desktop organizer from Target to hold my palettes. There are eyeshadow and blush palettes mostly here. In front of the palettes are some plastic cup like holders from Target that hold my mascaras, eyeliners, foundations and BB creams.

2014-05-11 22.07.29.jpgIn front of those plastic cups, I have another acrylic organizer that has just random makeup. I also have another cup that holds concealers and highlighters.

2014-05-11 22.07.33.jpgTo the right of that, I have my Hourglass finishing powders, my favorite bronzers and powder highlighters.

2014-05-11 22.08.04.jpgThen I have a plastic tray I spray painted gold. It holds my brushes, some Tocca mini perfumes and some face powders.

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

I love all your motivational stuff :smileyhappy:

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Thank you, YouAreAlways! I saw the ideas on Etsy and just made them myself and tweaked them to my liking. Then I printed them at Kinkos. LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 528 replies
  • 1144 hearts
  • 124 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • sweetxteeth
    • nikki
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe