Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I love looking at everyone's vanities! My fiance and I just moved into a house together, and he's going to build a vanity for me. That's going to take awhile, so I need to find a cheap alternative in the meantime. Any suggestions for something under $200?

Ikea has some great ones for under $200! And after that, you can reuse it somewhere else as a desk!

Eventually, I'd love to set up a vanity table with a chair.  I've always liked the way they look, especially older antique styles.  For now, I just stand in front of the bathroom sink while putting on makeup.  At least the sink's right there when I need it  Smiley Wink

I recently ordered clear acrylic makeup drawers from Muji's US site. I bought four of the "Acrylic Case 5 Drawers" for $27.95 each.  Here are a couple pictures of how my makeup is currently organized using the Muji drawers.

20140520_223743.jpg

Lippies.jpg

IMAG0108.jpgIMAG0107.jpg

I have the Ikea Malm and I just cut up boxes from purchases and stuck it underneath the glass to spruce it up a bit Smiley Happy

Mirror and Lights: Ikea

Chair: TJ Maxx - I had my eye on it for several weeks but I couldn't bring myself to pay $129 and when I went to look at it again, it was marked down to $99!

Magnified mirror: TJ Maxx

Drawers: Hautelook and Bed, Bath & Beyond

Lipstick holders: Hautelook & Amazon

Vanity Tray: Lamps Plus, SO RANDOM! But exactly what I wanted.

I made the brush holders using stuff I got from Michael's.

I also made this jewelry board and nail polish racks: 

IMG_20140525_232830.jpg

(0) Hearts

Love this!  such great ideas and a beautiful place to get ready!

(0) Hearts

Muji is the best!  I wish Sephora had some storage solutions other than the traincases.... I'd totally invest in a TON!  The idea of cutting up your boxes & displaying them under the glass is great!  I did something similar & put my LE packaging in a frame & hung them Smiley Happy  I also really like your chair!  The detailing is perfect for a vanity!

xo, Mia

(0) Hearts

Your muji drawers are so organized, it makes feel like I need them

(0) Hearts

I love what you did with the packaging from all of your palettes! It makes the glass desk look so bright and colorful! 

<3, Randee

(0) Hearts

Right? I love that idea!

Thanks, Randee! The white was too plain for me Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Love all of it!  Thank you for sharing the where-to-buy info!

No problem!

This. Is. AMAZING!

I love that vanity mirror! Did it come lighted? I'm moving and thinking of fun, ideas for my new vanity area but am having the hardest time finding a mirror that 1.) will fit the space and 2.) is not super expensive.

No, the lights are separate but the mirror itself is only $9.99 (Ikea Kolja) and the lights were $14.99 (Ikea Ledberg). They are actually three separate pieces, but I only used two of them. They also have ones that come in four pieces for $29.99 Smiley Happy

So…I went to IKEA and picked up the mirror and lights tonight! It will be awhile before everything gets set up but I cannot wait!! Thanks again for the idea Smiley Happy

Awesome thanks for the info!!

WOW I love how you did that! 

Thank you!

IMG_20140527_215127.jpgOops, sorry!

(0) Hearts

Spice racks... that's genius!!  I get so worried about hanging things in our place.  I feel like I'd do something wrong & the second I fill it up, everything will come crashing down Smiley Sad

xo, Mia

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments