Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

[ Edited ]

I have the simplest set up ever. Firstly because I barely own anything and most of my stuff are minis and value sets. And Secondly because I do not have space for a vanity in my apartment, and my office also works as a guest bedroom, so I can't fit more stuff in it. For now, my makeup stays on top of my dresser and nightstand and in three small drawers.

My mirror is my closet door:
000-seph.jpg

Then on top of my nighstand I have my mini skin care stuff. And bags filled with samples and duplicate minis on the top drawer:

00-seph.jpg

Then I have 4 lipstick holders, the first one filled with mini primers, second one with gloss, balms and tints, third one with lipsticks and fourth one with mascaras. On the box I keep some makeup samples I want to try now, and the Tarte foundation and scrub on top.

01-seph.jpg

On this makeup organizer I have all sorts of eyeliners, my cheapie eyeshadows on the drawer, My to-go palettes on top, eyeshadow primers, some brushes, concealers, foundation and other minis and samples for the face. Next to it I have my brushes in glass vases. (waiting for more eye brushes to arrive).

01-seph2.jpg

And lastly, all the rest, blushes, sets, winter makeup, extra tools, nail polish... It all goes randomly on the top drawers of the dresser. Once I have more stuff I'll move the nail polishes to a bag:

Spoiler
01-seph3.jpg

Masks, cleansers and the rest go in the bathroom. And that is all! :smileysad:

Where did you get the beadish things that are holding your brushes :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

It`s from dollarama! LOL :smileyhappy:

Amazing!!  Can you come set up & organize my crazy stash too?!  Pretty please with a lippie on top :smileywink:

xo, Mia

Thats a lot of stuff!!! I would be proud to rock that collection :smileyhappy: nice set up.

Thank you! But it's mostly Ikea and Dollarama stuff! LOL Nothing that compares to your beautiful vanity! :smileyhappy: Although it's been working for now, so I just need to keep the collection small! 

Honestly that vanity was cheaper than some ikea stuff! You'd be surprised, lol. Your set up works for you which is great. Our apartment had a full bath but it was the size of a closet so I had one teeny bag of beauty stuff and that's it! 

How do you lile the Too Faced Natural Face palette? And what kind of brushes are those? 

[ Edited ]

Those brushes are just the famous dupes for Sigma and Real Techniques, but for my level of expertise they are perfect and I love them. However they are mostly face ones, so I just placed a Sigma order for two sets of eye brushes this week, since I don't have many good ones. Once I start getting better I can start buying  professional ones. 

As for the Natural face palette, I love mostly the cream and powder blushes and the bronzer. I put them on very often and like how they are buildable on me.  The brightener and hightliter I put on every now and then. They are not bad, but personally I prefer liquid or powder. The concealer is not the right shade for me and I don't like the consistency. But overall I don't regret buying and use the palette frequently. :smileyhappy:

I also have a Vanity Girl mirror. They're a really wonderful splurge. They do 20% off sales throughout the year. Follow them on IG or FB for updates. I bought mine during the Black Friday sale and it really changed the way I do my makeup. 

Anyway, my vanity will look soooo much nicer when I get some real storage and either paint my desk or put down some vintage wallpaper or glitter paper and then top that with a nicer glass cover. I also want to make a skirt to cover the perimeter of the desk. Then I'll have a nice glamorous little vanity going on. Right now it's just very functional but doesn't look very great...At all. Maybe I can tackle it over Memorial Day weekend!

image.jpg

And then to the right I keep all the makeup I most commonly use, except for lipsticks, which are already on the vanity. I need some Muji in my life. 

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

Very nice! Does your mirror have protruding bulbs and the flash making them look flattened? 

[ Edited ]

Yes they're protruding. It's the same model AtlantlaLady38's in fact, just in white. But she's a much better photographer than I am! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

I thought they were the same style but wasn't sure! Probably just the flash :smileyhappy:

image.jpg

I store my makeup in the Ikea Micke desk and the Ikea Alex 9 drawer.

(0) Hearts

this is so gorgeous!!

<3 Melissa

(0) Hearts

I love your chair. Do you mind sharing where you got it? 

(0) Hearts

Ooo, I really like the lights! where do you get mirrors like that?

(0) Hearts

The mirror is from Vanity Girl Hollywood. other styles and colors available.  

(0) Hearts

Oh I like those lights! 

Your vanity set looks awesome! I've always wanted something like this - it's very old-style glamour, no? Sitting at a vanity getting ready in the morning or evening. :smileyhappy: I adore the little row of mini perfumes!

We're finally moving into a bigger place where I have room for a vanity!! I'm very excited. I ended up going with the popular Malm from Ikea so now I'm on the hunt for a chair. Any suggestions?

I'll post pictures once I have all of my stuff moved in :smileyhappy:

The chair I got was $99 and I got it from TJ Maxx from Cynthia Rowlley and I couldn't be happier. Targets were okay just not as  "fancy" lol 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments