meagboho

Show us your vanity/make up set up!

I searched around and saw storage but not many vanities.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just got my vanity in today, I'm probably going to get a chest to store everything else, because these drawers are small! They also don't open all the way.  This is my set up for now.

Whats your set up like? 

meagboho

Re: Show us your vanity/make up set up!

Awww that sucks. Its probably nice to have a chair with a back.

heartsmyface

That would've made me cry. 

dahlianoir

I love seeing other people's vanity! 

This is currently mine:

photo-1.JPG

It is currently set up in my spare bedroom's closet, and I use that for my girl cave. I have al my makeup and purses and jackets. I love it so much! It kind of stinks because I do have to stand up to do my makeup, but it's no biggie. My fiancé installed those little wall lights for me and they give me awesome lighting. I want to get a little bigger mirror, but eh. I also need something better for my brushes. I really want to get the large brush holder from Elf. 

Here are closeups. 

photo-2.JPG

At the very top is my Beauty and The Beast collection as well as my perfumes and BPAL's. Then the second row are my pallets, brushes, cleansing stuff, and in the drawers are my lipsticks separated by MAC and Regular.

photo-3.JPG

Then right here is my main stuff. I have my foundations in that little black round thing that's supposed to be a brush holder, all my different glasses to fit my mood (lol), and my most used items are in the middle, as well as my R2D2 holding my finishing sprays and primers. I have some more perfume oils there with LUSH, and a little pencil holder thing from Target holding some of my indie makeup lip gloss from Makeup Beauty Addiction. 

Everytime I get something new, I give it a place and I can't help but stand back and look at all of it. I'm happy with my collection...but I need more! Haha. 

dianabt

@dahlianoir I love your Beauty and the Beast collection!! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
dahlianoir

(0) Hearts

Thank you! It's my most favorite movie in my entire existence! Yeah, I know dramatic...but it so is! haha. 

EvangelineDamon

I absolutely LOVE your Beauty and the Beast Collection and your three pairs of black frames. I have a beautiful porcelain Belle from when I was young. I wish I was better with technology, I would post it. She spins and plays the song Beauty and the Beast. I'm glad to see I am not the only one who still adores that film. Those wall lights you have are pretty awesome, as well.

dahlianoir

Thank you! The Belle doll in the middle is actually a porcelain doll, but she doesn't move. The one in the blue box is a collector's edition I snagged on ebay, and it came with a whole certificate of authentication and stuff inside, and then my art pop modern one on the side because who can resists those eyes?! All of the plashes (Beast, Lumiere, and Clogsworth) all say things when you squeeze them. I love them! Definitely post your's if you can, I'd love to see it. :smileyhappy: 

I love my frames too, but i'm also wearing my fourth pair on my face. lol. 

meagboho

Obsessed with the disney shelf. Wow. 

dahlianoir

:smileyhappy: Thank you! 

heartsmyface

NEED? Lol! What color glossy stains have you got there? The pinker one? And I love your R2D2! 

dahlianoir

Hehe, thanks. I love him too! The color is 103 Pink Taboo from the Rebel Nudes. It's a nice watermelon color! The other one is Violene Out Of Control. I use to have purple hair so I liked to match my lips with my hair. lol! 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Lol, I have that one! It looks a different colour there. Thought I might like it and I guess I already do!  

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

This is what I use everyday. I have my makeup in a bag I bought at bed bath and beyond and my brushes in a empty bath and body works candle jar inside a divider from ikea. I keep powders and primers in the divider too because there's no room in my bag.

photo 1.JPG

For all my other that I use on other people, I keep at the bottom drawer. It's in the same divider, just a bigger size. The left one has my palettes, brushes, loose powder, and eye lashes. The right one has all my single eye shadows, blushes, eye liners, cream eye shadows, and small palettes. This last draw is so heavy that the bottom of the drawer is literally sagging.......oops.

photo 2.JPG

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Is that the RealTechniques blending sponge?

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Yes it is!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

OOOO How is it? How does it compare to the real beautyblender? I've been dying to get my hands on one!

andyhtrieu

I haven't tried the original beauty blender, so i can't compare the two. It definitely feels softer than the beauty blender dupes you see at Marshall's and stuff. It feels sooooo soft and squishy on the skin. I love the flat side that it has because it really does fit underneath the eyes perfectly. I only use the flat side for foundation and concealer. I never use the pointy side. 

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

How durable is it? I have two BB dupes and they started tearing after a couple of washes.

andyhtrieu

I've only had mine for a few days. It's pretty durable because I washed it a few times and it hasn't ripped or anything. Also, it's literally so soft and squishy that I just squeeze it for fun. I just love the feeling of it!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Omg, thanks for making me not feel like an idiot. I love squishing my beauty blender dupes and the legit beauty blender, but I have a fear of tearing the real thing up. The dupe I have is kinda squishy, but it is harder than the real thing. I once wanted to give the dupe to my cousin's dog as a chew toy because it is really hard when dry.

PrettyLittleDr

(0) Hearts

I have been using that Real Techniques sponge for 2+ months and I wash it every 2 applications and it's doing fine - the only tiny tear in it is my fault because I had a long, broken nail that snagged it, lol. I love the BB, but $20 for that bad boy.... I just CAN NOT. This works just as well for me, AND you can get it on sale! Double win! :smileywink: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 528 replies
  • 1144 hearts
  • 124 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • sweetxteeth
    • nikki
    • DTalksAll
    • michelleshops
    • killahbabe