veronika23

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Skin Care

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your skin care stash! This includes everything that you would use on your face. There will be another post for body care.

This is the 6th in a series of post I will do.

Still to come: body care, hair care and brushes.  Might do one with samples as well. :smileywink:

For the new comers also check out the face, eyes, lips, nails and fragrances series.

Really into The Body Deli! Love this company. It smells so good and fresh especially the melon cream :smileywink: I also like to try out new things and try to stick to natural brands. 

rsz_img_00000392.jpg

MikuNerd65

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Skin Care

IMG_20140121_005124_0.jpg

• Sea Breeze Naturals Facial Scrub
  • Pond's Dry Skin Cream Rich Hydrating Facial Moisturizer
  • April Bath & Shower Facial Mask
  • Murad Blackhead Step 2 Pore Sealer 
  • Thinny Thin Chin
  • Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 70
  • April Bath & Shower Facial Scrub
seemee22

Ohh I've been wanting to try The Body Deli for a while. I'm kicking myself for not ordering when they had a sale. 

20140102_110645_resized.jpgCleansers

20140102_111015.jpgMoisturizers- Don't really use cream moisturizers unless my skin is very sensitive or if I've had microdermabrasion done I'll use the Avene. 

20140102_111144-2.jpg

Masks 

20140102_111304-2.jpgMisc Items L-R: Stark White Willow Bark Toner, Osmia Organics Spot Treatment, May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon

20140102_111046.jpgMy Favorite skincare items- FACE OILS =o)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I LOVE The Body Deli!  Do you receive their e-mails? If not you should sign up in case they do another sale soon. :smileywink:  It's also carried by Saffronrouge.  Not sure how many sales they have a year though... I can't remember. lol.  They also make great body products! Love the Tahitian vanilla :smileywink:

Ok so lots of brands here I don't know.  Spill!  What are your favs and why?

seemee22

I think I better sign up for their emails just in case. =)

For Cleansers I like both Origins and Antonia Burrell. Origins has been b=my tried and true for many years, and Antonia Burrell smells AMAZING. I prefer the oil cleansers over the others because I wear spf everyday and need a good cleanser to break it up. The Antonia Burrell washes off very well too.

Oils my favorites are Pai,One Love Organics Chia Seed and La Bella Figura Barbary Fig. Pai has "evened" out my skin tone, or @least it looks like that. I only use this at night because it can stain clothing,etc. Chia Seed I use in the AM and it's the most moisturizing oil I've ever used (I have Normal-Dry skin). It's also doesn't interfere with the application of makeup or my spf. La Bella I use both AM and PM depending on my mood, although I do prefer to use this at night since the smell is rather strong. I tend to use it more when dealing with my monthly breakouts. 

Osmia Spot Treatment is a wonderful little item. I was using Dermalogica Salicylic Acid Spot Tx. I put this on when I feel a bump/pimple coming on and it subsides. It smells great and does not dry out my skin what so ever, which is hard to find with a treatment. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Oh cool!  Thanks for all this info.  Where do you buy all these products?

seemee22

[ Edited ]

I buy them online. I know some people are scared of buying online,but some sites offer samples. Here are some websites that carry some of these products:

Spiritbeautylounge.com 

Beautyhabit.com

dermstore.com

LaBellaFigura.com

Embody.com 

Osmiaorganics.com

I get Dermalogica & GM Collin products from my esthetician,and Origins from Sephora (the pump I bough from Macy's)

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Great! Thanks for all the info :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Ready? I've been putting this off for a looong time. I think my New Year's resolution is to see how much I can reduce this stash, especially since I know this isn't everything. 

masks.png

Masks

peels.png

Some peels and exfoliating scrubs

moisturizer.png

Moisturizers without SPF

SPF.png

SPF (which I will have to stock up on for double points this month!) and toners

cleansers.png

Cleansers and makeup removers

serum.png

Serums

oil.png

Oils and some eye stuff that was in my skincare boxes

caudalie.png

And I just found this Caudalie set I bought a while back because of the 20% off sale, haha. 

marydiva

Hey Rikkie! What would you recommend in terms of SPF? I hate that so many moisturizers on Sephora lack SPF, and I'm trying to find a new one. Which one was your favorite?

rikkie

Hmm, I like the Murad Essential-C SPF 30, the Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 and the Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 that was in the sun safety kit earlier this year. I see there's a new brand Sephora's carrying that I think I might try out too, it looks intriguing! 

http://www.sephora.com/mineral-lotion-for-face-body-broad-spectrum-spf-50-uva-uvb-sunscreen-P383594?...

marydiva

Thanks Rikkie! I'll check it out and get a sample instore :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I hope you'll find something that works really well for you!

ChicDabbler

KINDRED SPIRIT! I see a couple of my favorite in every picture! I would gladly help you "reduce" some of your stash, but then I've been trying to tame my stash too so that wouldn't work, lol. With that said, I would still like to know your favorites. =P

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Yay! Thanks rikkie! :smileyhappy:   What are your favs?

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Ooh, tough one! I'll have to say almost anything Algenist or Caudalie, the Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial, the black Glamglow mask, and OH Truth Serum. And KGD Spa Water. And AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel. And... okay I just like a lot of things, haha.

Things I am likely to give away or throw away, depending on tube/jar packaging: Origins Night A Mins, Soap and Glory Greatest Scrub of All, Ren Glycolic Masks, Perricone Finishing Moisturizer, Dior Pore Refining Perfecting Moisturizer.

ChicDabbler

Yay for Algenist, Glamglow, OH, AP and KGD! lol, I think one of your Dior moisturizer came from our trade? me no like either. Why giving away Origins Night-A-Min? I was considering trying it for winter for a while.

For the stuff you haven't used, it might be perfect as giveaway for your blog at some point to attract more reader, or put in the next TSB you are participating in.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

The Origins made me break out, though it did hydrate my skin also. :smileytongue: It might be worth trying out for winter, I'd send you mine instead of chucking it but it's an unsanitizable jar and I stuck with it for half the jar hoping that it wasn't what was causing the problem, haha. 

A blog giveaway is a great idea! I was going to hang on to the unused things for a TSB, but I bet I could also put together an awesome prize and still have more than enough stuff for TSBs. Very fun!

veronika23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Cool! Thanks for sharing :smileyhappy: Does the sleeping facial get messy? And what do you love about the Glamglow? THX :smileyhappy:

Edited:  Also what's special about the KGD Spa water?  I know you can answer that as well beautytester :smileywink:

carolang

The sleeping facial is just a thick moisturizer. I am obsessed. The rose smell can be overpowering and unpleasant but it makes my dull (and oily acne mark prone) skin look amazing in the morning. My latest HG. Oh and by amazing I mean brighter, with reduced marks, and plumper even. Love.

rikkie

Yes, I feel exactly the same way about the wild rose cream, and the smell is definitely not something I love but the result is worth it! Veronika, have you tried the Korres Greek Yogurt sleeping facial? It's got a bit of a tangy yogurt scent to it but nothing overpowering like the rose, it could be worth checking out instead! 

The Glamglow I kind of like everything about. (besides the price, ha!) It smells like green tea and I leave it to dry and then wash it off by wetting my fingers/hands a bit and scrubbing a lot a small section at a time for the best exfoliation I've ever experienced. I take forever to get it all off, but my skin feels amazing after! 

KGD spa water is a great makeup remover that will take off the toughest waterproof products gently and leave your skin feeling refreshed and even a bit moisturized just from that. If you're tired and are not up for a whole night time routine, it's kind of a lifesaver. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 184 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva