veronika23

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Fragrances

Time for another one :smileywink:

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best.

Ok ladies time to share your stash for your fragrances!

This is the 5th in a series of post I will do.

Still to come: skin care, body care, hair care and brushes. Might do one with samples as well. :smileywink:

For the new comers also check out the face, eyes, lips and nails series.

Not super super into perfumes but someone here on BT got me into Tokyomilk. You know who you are :smileywink: Will be getting some shortly. 

I prefer sweet scents for fall/winter like vanilla and fresh scents in the spring/summer.

rsz_img_00000397.jpg

ladymeag

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Fragrances

This year's pumpkin scents are still up (until Dec 1) and are all delicious. Sin in the Pumpkin Patch smells like the spiciest, best pumpkin pie ever. 

Have you tried Eat Me (smells like cake) and Miskatonic University (coffee and oak and books)? How Doth the Little Crocodile smells like peppermint patties and Bliss is pure chocolate. Bread-and-Butterfly smells like buttered bread and sugar. Bon Vivant is champagne and strawberries. O is often loved - vanilla and honey. 

I don't wear a lot of foody scents but they smell pretty good on my spouse. Elegba smells like the sexiest coconut macaroons (which is a strange statement, I know) and Perversion smells like the smuttiest of all bakeries to me (the actual notes are: Smoky rum, black tobacco, steamy leather, crystalline chardonnay, base of tonka.) 

warriorwitch

Both my nerd side and my nose want to get Miskatonic University now. :smileyvery-happy:

ShinyMagpie

Ooh ooh, the ammo box is on sale for $1.50 at optics planet dot com. Free shipping and you can pay with your amazon account, google wallet, or paypal. 

warriorwitch

Thanks for the heads up. :smileyvery-happy:

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I love the ammo box for samples. I have so many fragrance samples. Thank you! Heading over to amazon now to have a look. :smileyhappy:

veronika23

You're not weird... I use tackle type boxes for my jewelry.  It's awesome! :smileywink:

ladymeag

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that heads to the sporting goods section to organize my stuff. It's all so much more reasonably priced than organizers "made for" the stuff - and often holds more or organizes better. 

warriorwitch

Me too! :smileyvery-happy: Tried one for my makeup as well but the compartments were too small.

warriorwitch

Cool, I do have a little experience with perfume oils, but only a few that aren't in a carrier oil. (And that person who wants to smell like banana peels and dirt is probably Mr. Husband XD)

Sadly several of the scents I want aren't available as "imps", so I think maybe I will pick on and get a grab bag if I can sneak that into my budget. And maybe one of those ammo boxes too, cause the samples are overflowing.

ladymeag

What are you looking for from the LE (that's Limited Edition) stuff? I might have some it hanging around. I do decant circles for new stuff for my friends and folks on the forum and sometimes have a few odds and ends poking around. :smileyhappy: 

warriorwitch

I was actually looking at some of the Carnaval Diabolique scents (which are listed in their Etsy store but not on their site). The one I will most likely spring for is The Grand Inquisitor's Heretic's Fork. :smileyvery-happy: Great name and the description sounds awesome.

ladymeag

The vetiver in that one is often agreed to be a little leather-y, my favorite kind. :smileyhappy: 

You can always PM me if you want advice or suggestions. :smileyhappy: 

warriorwitch

[ Edited ]

Should be right up my alley then. :smileyvery-happy: Should be a great way to get back into purchasing perfume oils after a hiatus.

And thanks, I will keep you in mind as my BPAL Guru. :smileywink:

veronika23

Cool!  I don't know what it is but you got me curious now :smileywink:

ladymeag

They're hand-blended perfume oils. Most commercial perfumes have alcohol in them so that you can spray them and they stay at a fixed scent - they're typically between 5 and 30% oil. Perfume oils can be between 40 and 100 percent perfume oil - some use carrier oils, most of BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab)'s  perfumes are close to 100% perfume or essential oils. They also age differently than commercial perfumes - the alcohol keeps commercial perfumes from aging, perfume oils can age like a wine, some take on smoky or spicier tones. 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

oh my gosh i am overwhelmed. I don't even know where to start. WOW, I want to try some but honestly am just bum-fumbled :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

There's a lot of stuff! You can either ask for recommendations on the forum (seriously helpful people) or I'd be happy to make a few if you know what kind of stuff you want to try. :smileyhappy: 

calamityjane85

How sweet! Let me browse the forums and see , you are the official guru. Your collection has me in awe. 

calamityjane85

ooooooh, thank you for introducing me..... **** hops and bops over to bpal***

veronika23

Cool. Thanks =)

SugaredMagnolia

I used to have a stupidly large collection, but when I last moved, I decided to pitch anything that was over a couple years old. Now I keep it simple: Elie Saab for special occasions, Florabotanica for everyday, and the rest if I want to change things up. The one other larger bottle is BR Classic, which I still love after all these years, but rarely wear. It's the one I can't throw away. :smileyhappy:image.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 117 replies
  • 239 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • kalex
    • nikki
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • jxw200
    • mia135