Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – FACE

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best and included swatches. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your make-up stash for your face. This includes foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, bronzers, primers, and illuminizers/highlighters.

This is the 1st in a series of post I will do. There is going to be one for eyes, lips, brushes, nails, perfume, skin care, body care, and hair care.

I must warn you… I’ve been a MAC addict for years and years. lol

rsz_img_00000375.jpg

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – FACE

so jealous of those Rock & Republics! Your collection is swoon-worthy.

Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh my goodness!!! I am totally swooning over here!!! I love love every Chanel products I have but I have yet to own one of the blushes. I have three on my Nordie's wishlist, I plan to own a couple by the summer. I want to add to my NARS blushes as well. If you had to choose between the two, which would be your favorite?

[ Edited ]

My favorite blush is probably Chanel -- I think it's a worthwhile investment (in case you couldn't tell from the picture) :smileywink:. Which ones are on your wish list? It's hard to compare NARS and Chanel because they're so different and both have their standout shades. Generally, I think NARS's pigment tends to be brighter and more vivid while Chanel is easier to use -- it's not as if they don't have good payoff, though! 

They closed down my local Chanel counter so just from looking online I have been eying Rose Bronze, Rose Ecrin and Rose Petale. I really love "nude" blushes. Chanel sounds like the perfect blush, I am pretty pale so I have to be very careful with pigmented blushes or I end up looking clownish! Thanks for the help, looks like I *need* some more Chanel in my life :smileywink:

[ Edited ]

You do (haha)! I am very fair, too -- pigmented blushes are always harder to use (or more time consuming, since you have to be so careful), which is why I gravitate toward Chanel. Of those three, Rose Pétale is definitely my favorite. It just brightens my complexion and looks healthy without looking like you're wearing blush. Rose Ecrin is similar, but slightly warmer, and Rose Bronze is probably the warmest (and also pretty -- it's an unusual color). 

I am so boring, I buy 50 variations of the same shade haha. I really really wanted accent but didn't decide I needed it until the blush had sold out everywhere. Do you have that shade, thoughts on that one please??

(0) Hearts

I do! It's pretty, but much more sparkly than JCs usually are. Color-wise…Chanel really has a knack for creating these complex colors that aren't straightforward(!) -- it looks light brown but applies mauve(y), and the glitter isn't as noticeable. It's pretty! I found mine at Macy's -- I didn't get it right away, and Neiman Marcus was sold out of it. 

[ Edited ]

Well that makes me feel a little better as I am not a fan of sparkle. I wish there was still a local Chanel counter in my area, I would probably own a lot more. I am just more apt to buy makeup if I can see it in person and stick my fingers in it. :smileylol: I don't have a Macy's, Nordstrom, Dillard's or even a free standing Sephora nearby. The makeup selection is seriously lacking! I have to drive over two hours to get to a Chanel counter..........

I own no Chanel blushes either. I do have a couple of NARS but Other than a Clinique and Smashbox, I don't collect those ....ummmm...yet! I will have to get one next time I place an order! That is an amazing collection :smileywink: 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thank you, thank you! Chanel blush is dangerous territory; tread carefully! Seriously, though, I highly recommend them. They are so easy to use (whereas NARS can be tricky) and so pretty on the skin. I like Clinique blush, too -- Iced Lotus (which may be discontinued) is one of my favorite lilac pinks! :smileyvery-happy:

holy moly! i think you have more nars blushes than the nars counter at saks! i am truly in awe. what is your opinion on nars vs chanel blushes?

@ghkim: Thank you, and I think I do, only because of the discontinued ones! There are a few backups in there, too (just in the interest of full disclosure). :smileyvery-happy: It's so hard to compare Chanel and NARS -- with NARS I think it totally depends on the shade. In terms of pigmentation, NARS blush tends to be much more vivid, but for me, that makes it more difficult to use. Chanel wins in terms of ease of use and finish (some leave such a glow -- they're definitely my favorite!). 

Katie-----Oooooooo I love your stash! Is that the Ikea drawer? LOVE.

I really want a Chanel blush....I own the soleil tan de chanel cream bronzer and I really like my sample foundation of vitalumiere aqua.

Thanks for sharing! :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

It is, indeed -- the Alex! I need to figure out a better system, though -- I just kind of stacked everything in there. I highly recommend Chanel blushes! :smileyvery-happy:

NICE!!!!

Another R&R fan!! They had the best formula/pigmentation!!

[ Edited ]

They really did (and they're huge)! Call Me is my favorite, even though I normally prefer cooler pinks. There's just something about it! :smileyvery-happy:

Ooh, nice stash, and how fun! I'll do this -- I just reorganized everything. I'll have to upload a picture tomorrow! :smileyvery-happy:

[ Edited ]

This is all I have with me at this moment...The rest are in storage.

IMG_20140121_000658_0.jpg

3 of them are Kat Von D...(3 different shades due to the Skin IQ didn't match me real well.)

Clinique even better foundation cream chamois.

Fit Me Blush in Medium Mauve

Benefit Watt's Up

Bumping this up, I love looking at everyone's collections. I know some of your collections have changed so I thought it might be neat to update us on what you have added or purged. I plan to do so when I get all of my packages this week!

I don't have a lot of face products - I have a lot of trouble finding a color match on foundation and powder, a light enough blush and bronzer and highlighter is usually unnecessary on my skin. 

I tend to buy multiples of things that work for me. I have a few deluxe samples - FAB Gentle Cleanser, FAB Ultra Repair Cream, UD De-slick Spray, a backup deluxe sample of my back-up sunscreen in case I run out of, lose or whatever my prescription sunscreen (Goddess Garden.)  I'm trying to work through NARS Sheer Matte in Siberia (too dark.) Kat Von D Light 42, Urban Decay Naked Flushed, Sephora Collection Perfecting Primer (3), FAB Daily Face Cream (3.) I need new brushes but have been waffling on which ones to get - I've had that Body Shop powder brush for an embarrassingly long time (12 years,) and the EcoTools blush brush is okay.
upload_8868146321051001438.jpg

I carry a few things in my purse/gym bag - a MAC powder color that I've hit pan on in a shade they don't make anymore, a primer I'm trying to use up because it's not all that nice to my skin (Korres Anti-Aging,) NARS bronzer in Laguna in a sample size it seems I will never hit pan on, and a Benefit highlighter that's in a dark enough color it works as a multi for me and is more blush-like, with an EcoTools kabuki brush.

upload_1715375958194186043.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments