veronika23

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – FACE

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best and included swatches. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your make-up stash for your face. This includes foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, bronzers, primers, and illuminizers/highlighters.

This is the 1st in a series of post I will do. There is going to be one for eyes, lips, brushes, nails, perfume, skin care, body care, and hair care.

I must warn you… I’ve been a MAC addict for years and years. lol

rsz_img_00000375.jpg

ghkim

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – FACE

ah, i forgot to include my hourglass ambient lighting palette which is my newest addition.

veronika23

Nice! Nice! Do you mix your liquid foundation together or use one at a time?

ghkim

(0) Hearts

sometimes i do, to get the right shade. sometimes i have two different shades to suit my summer face vs winter face. i also find that if i mix with sunscreen or primer, it tends to lighten the foundation shade, so i have some foundations that are a little darker than my natural complexion.

emmamaybe

Oh this is so fun!  I'm going to upload tomorrow!

ghkim

me too, if my technologically-challenged self can figure out how to do it. is anyone else afraid that their collection will end up being absurdly large?

ghkim

here's mine. don't laugh!

Face makeup.JPG

veronika23

[ Edited ]

IMO mine is already absurdly large but I can't stop myself from buying. lol

girlystuff63

image.jpgThe Nars Orgasm, Tarte shimmering pink blush and a couple of the Bare Minerals powders are my 17 year old daughters along with the UD liquid foundation. Rest are mine. I am using the blush that came with the recent Bobbi Brown 500 point perk. I would like to get MJ's blush in reckless. I liked it in Sephora. The MAC blushes look nice too. Honestly, almost all blushes I try on in stores look amazing on me when SA's put them on me and then at home when I am alone they all look awful. I really wish I could learn how to apply it properly. 

viviene23

I can't heart your post so here :heart: :heart: :heart:

Is that Marc Jacobs concealer?

Check youtube for blush application tutorials. I think there was a thread here about favorite makeup tutorial gurus to start with. I also like to watch established makeup artist like Pat Mcgrath apply makeup on runway backstage/ behind the scenes videos.That's how I learned how to do cat- eye and smokey eye looks.

girlystuff63

Your blushes are so pretty. I've never had more than one blush at a time. How do you decide what color to wear?  Do you match it to your eye shadow?  Usually I wear bronzer in summer, pink in spring and a darker color in winter. i think I like your idea of list of choices. why do you like the MAC?

i love this thread. I'm going to take my pic after I look at everyone elses. How fun!!!

veronika23

You talking to me? lol.  Thanks =) I'll match my blush with my "strong" feature.  So If I do my eyes so they stand out I'll keep a nude lip and if I do a dark/bold lip I'll keep my eyes simple. I'll match the blush to go with the overall look, which is usually dictated by that "feature".

Although I started playing with make-up at a very young age MAC was my first high end brand.  It just opened up the doors for me to play with so many colors. (you'll see what I mean when I post the eyeshadow series). In high school I was wearing a uniform so this allowed me to bring in color.  Not that I would bring in any color in my clothes cause I'm always in a black top. lol. MAC was also started here in Canada and I remember their box having cruelty free beauty on them which was a big plus for me.  Now Estee Lauder owns them =(.  I don't see the cruelty free on the box but was told they don't test on animals because they don't need to. Wiki however states they don't but only do test when required by law. This blows... I wish the brand was never bought by EL. They destroyed what was good about it.  I guess they've been my beauty go to for years now.  I always loved their products but when I started to branch out to other companies I realized some make certain products better.  I'm really into trying to purchase more natural brands now but I can't throw away all that make-up or stop buying MAC (although I limit my purchases). It started all with them :smileywink:

ry22

Normally I match mine to my lippie, or vice versa.

DesertRose0706

I love seeing everyones collections!  Here's mine.  Its modest, but I really make a point not to buy more than one foundation, concealer, primer, etc. at a time, since those products tend to go bad.  I'm also not supposed to have more than one bronzer, but I have 3 so far, and I just ordered one from Dior... whoops.  the Dior products are my favorite (face.jpgI have 3 more Dior products on the way that I just ordered, blush, bronzer and another highlighter) and I love the Estee Lauder double Wear foundation, although I really hate that it doesnt have a pump.  I might get the Dior Forever Flawless liquid foundation to feed my Dior addiction when I run out of my double wear.  Has anyone tried it?

wingatprsct

What is in the round compact at the very front?  Very pretty!  A bronzer or blush?  I try not to keep too many foundations and primers either.  I have a Stila Stay All Day Foundation/Concealer that I wore last winter plus a BB cream and tinted moisturizer that I have been wearing this summer.  I'm almost out of both.

Katty2323

IMG_1273[1].JPGIMG_1274[1].JPGIMG_1275[1].JPGIMG_1276[1].JPGIMG_1277[1].JPGIMG_1278[1].JPGIMG_1279[1].JPG

veronika23

Cool!!!  How do you like Guerlain's meteorites?

Katty2323

not at all.. and its not because of how well they work, because they do and nicely... it's mostly the smell... it reminds me of the perfumes my grandmother wears and it lasts all day. There are other products out there that don't smell that do the same thing. Eventually I'll light a match under my butt and go get a replacement of something else. lol. but if you are thinking about getting them I would strongly suggest you go and give them a sniff test first hehe.. although i did and in store they did not smell nearly as strong as my bottle.

veronika23

Thanks for the tip!  Yeah I had a YSL deluxe mascara sample and the smell was so strong I threw it out.  I could smell my lashes and it was getting on my nerves. lol.  It was overpowering.

jellybean917

My face stash!swfupload_9101897141425297250.jpg

viviene23

(0) Hearts

One of my favorite combination: Dior CC airflash primer + Marc Jacobs gel foundation = my skin but so much better :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I'm obsessed with Airflash primer + MJ foundation! They work amazingly together.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 303 replies
  • 610 hearts
  • 79 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon