veronika23

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

[ Edited ]

Ok so I need some cheering up today!

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best and included swatches. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your make-up stash for your eyes. This includes eye shadows, cream shadows, eye primers, pencils, mascaras, false lashes and eyebrow products.

This is the 2nd in a series of post I will do.

Still to come: lips, brushes, nails, perfume, skin care, body care, and hair care.

I love mascaras!!! My favs are Diorshow Blackout, Too Faced Better Than Sex and Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

I always loved MAC eye shadows for long wearing, pigmented, non-staining, bright and bold colors. Eventually I discovered UD and I also love their shadows. Now I think I have enough and trying not to buy any. lol

rsz_img_00000384.jpg

veronika23

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

Oh I like that palette at the bottom in the middle.  So nice with all those circles.. what is it?

prosopon

It is an older Stila palette.  I don't remember the name. 

veronika23

Very pretty.  Love the design!

KrispiKreme

upload_2889215891990928682.jpgMy collection was once larger but I have a 3 year old who gets into my makeup to draw on the walls. Further proof: the chewed up eyeliner cap. :'( Also, I totally didn't notice how gross my palletes had gotten until I uploaded this picture. My favorites: Urban Decay mascara primer, L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, NYX glitter liner, NYX loose pigment, Buxom cream shadows, NYX eyeshadow, and NARS eyeshadow.

girlystuff63

Ive been considering a mascara primer.  Do you like the UD one?  What do you think it does for you?

KrispiKreme

(0) Hearts

The UD one is the only one I've ever tried so I can't compare it to others but it definitely helps with lengthening. It goes on white so it's super obvious if you don't cover it all up. Lately, I've been using it only on the tips of my lashes on the outer half of my eyes because I was having some clumping issues but I still think it was a worthwhile purchase.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I have the Dior primer and like it a lot.  I find my lashes are a bit longer. :smileyhappy:  Plus applying a primer first makes them look better once the mascara is applied.

latinadiva

Okay, I finally was home long enough last night to do this. I can't believe how long it took me to take all these pictures. To start I will say that I left out primers and mascaras because there was just...a ton to look at already! I also left out all of my MAC pigments, Bare Minerals loose shadows, loose glitters etc. because they're stacked along my dresser to avoid tipping over and making a mess. I'm also a clumsy mess so lord only knows what shade would have been the one to spill all over my rug (MAC Grape or Bare Minerals Black Emerald would not have been pretty on a beige carpet). I'm sorry the pictures are not the best in terms of quality and lighting, or closeness for that matter. I tried to battle the reflection of the mirrors as best as possible too. I just trying to fit as much in as possible to keep the post from being as long as it could have been!

Drugstore Small Palettes.jpg

These are smaller drugstore trios, quads and palettes.

Singles.jpg

Most of my single shadows, this includes drugstore and high end.

MAC.jpg

All of my MAC stuff (again minus the pigments). These are mostly single shadows, some paint pots, some mineralized shadows, and some pressed pigments. The palette currently only has two shadows. Once I figured out what a hassle it was to depot the shadows, I figured ehhh I'll buy pro pans from now on haha

NARS.jpg

All NARS, one palette and one single, the rest duos.

Bare Minerals.jpg

All Bare Minerals (again, no loose shadows which I have a ton of as well). These are mostly the 8-pans, one quad and a few duos.

Large Drugstore Palettes.jpg

These are palettes that I have from the drugstore. Includes NYX, Sonia Kashuk, ELF, etc.

Small Palettes.jpg

Some palettes that are small enough to keep in my drawers. These are a mix of high end and drugstore.

Medium HE Palettes.jpg

These are some of the high end palettes.

Medium HE Palettes 2.jpg

Additional high end palettes

Large HE Palettes.jpg

Some high end palettes that are significantly larger in size, I have them standing up with book ends on a shelf that runs underneath my desk.

Liners and Randoms.jpg

Lastly, liners and some randoms. The first long column of liners are basic colors (black and brown), second column includes the brighter colors. Bottom column includes shadow penciles. Random items include some NYX pigments, a MAC Glitter, some glitter liners, NYX Roll On Shimmer, MUFE Holodiam powders, etc.

THE END OF THE PICTURES. As I said a few days ago, downright embarrassed by how many pictures this took.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

would you mind listing the "big" palettes picture? I'm not familiar with most of them and they all look lovely!

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

Wow!! How do you pick what to wear?

lyravega

upload_2936811500641277431.gif

poohblueberry

[ Edited ]

@Latinadiva,

No words.......I...I...can't.....just this

eyes agog.jpg

and this

baby-jaw-drop.jpg

makeupbyashley

(0) Hearts

Amazing!!!

latinadiva

HAHAHAHA ugh I have to work late today and the laugh I got off this just totally gave me the energy I needed for the remainder of my day!

poohblueberry

[ Edited ]

@latinadiva - glad that the pics re-energized you! :smileyhappy:

I am truly impressed with your **cough** hoard **cough** *ahem* collection - you oughta become a makeup artist and recoup some of your costs though!

kittichick

Holy... ::thud::

girlystuff63

OMG!  I would love to see the rest of your collection.  I bet it is just as amazing.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I have the Bare Minerals red box of like 20 loose shadow and had forgotten about it.  Thanks for reminding me to go get that out again.  Also have the Bare Minerals 7 shadow loose neutrals set an love that a lot too.

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I feel like that is what I loved about doing this! At first I was like eh..this is going to take forever but it really got me to remember what I have that I now want to dip into again.

That Bare Minerals neutrals set is one of my favorite neutral sets! Even more so than both Naked palettes.

SirenPrincess

And I thought I had too many!  Amazing collection.

SydBristow

Incredible latinadiva!  I have a small collection myself and wish I remembered better what I could combine from different pairs, quads, and palettes.  Do you mix and match, or do you tend to grab one palette and work from that? Which are your favorites?

I'll try to get my eye collection photo this weekend! :smileyhappy:

latinadiva

(0) Hearts

I always aim to work from just one palette just for speed purposes but it often doesn't happen. A lot of palettes, while they have amazing colors, don't have what I would consider to be a full eye, so I usually have to pull for at least a transition color and highlight color. As far as favorites go, I love the NARS duos and the Lorac Pro, but I feel like I don't grab for them as much because I like them so much I don't want to use them all up (DUMB as that sounds). I think Too Faced and Urban Decay both put out solid products. I've been loving the Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things palette and the UD Vice 2. I also love Bare Minerals loose shadows and MAC pigments. Why I love that they are loose and not pressed...I have no idea. I feel like the application is smoother and softer for some reason.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 302 replies
  • 594 hearts
  • 70 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • spoiledbrat
    • mrscoco