Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

[ Edited ]

Ok so I need some cheering up today!

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best and included swatches. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your make-up stash for your eyes. This includes eye shadows, cream shadows, eye primers, pencils, mascaras, false lashes and eyebrow products.

This is the 2nd in a series of post I will do.

Still to come: lips, brushes, nails, perfume, skin care, body care, and hair care.

I love mascaras!!! My favs are Diorshow Blackout, Too Faced Better Than Sex and Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

I always loved MAC eye shadows for long wearing, pigmented, non-staining, bright and bold colors. Eventually I discovered UD and I also love their shadows. Now I think I have enough and trying not to buy any. lol

rsz_img_00000384.jpg

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

They're both by Annabelle. I got them a few years ago

They were in the clearance bin for $2. I couldn't resist! XD

(0) Hearts

yeah for like 2$ no one could resist! :smileyhappy:

Bad quality picture is bad....

So I've become a Sugarpill junkie as of late If you can't tell from that corner. I think it's quickly become my favorite eyeshadow brand. Favorite mascara goes to Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes and eyeliner to UD liquid in perversion. Favorite palette is the Lorac Pro, least favorite is the Naked.

But this is my makeup collection, eye wise, after almost a year of collecting. I am very much so a noob.

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

Wow!  Lots of colors! :smileyhappy:

I don't like neutral colors, with the exception of gold, which is probably why my NAKED palette goes untouched. I wish I had figured that out before I bought it. >.> Brown eyeshadow on brown eyes on brown skin gets a little boring after awhile (for me anyway!).

(0) Hearts

I'm also not a fan of neutrals (well browns).  Everyone says blue eyes and brown hair... wear brown eye shadow.. looks horrible on me!  I can pull off any color but brown. lol

[ Edited ]

Hi Veronika23 - I'm just now getting back to you on the availability of Sigma's eye palettes - sorry!

I checked on Sigmabeauty dot com, and in Canada they're available at Devu Cosmetics, FTB Beauty, and LUX Beauty Boutique in Edmonton, AB. Hopefully you're near some of these stores, otherwise you can order on Sigmabeauty's website - they ship worldwide!! :smileyhappy:

I don't know about the quality - perhaps you can solicit feedback from the Beauties who do have them?

Thanks!  I'm really hoping to know how good they are.  Like if I should spend my money or leave it :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

Veronika23 - you're welcome!

I think I recall in the past on BT that Sigma palettes were kinda chalky. UD shadows are a better bet when it comes to quality. I've heard that Dior shadows are quite nice. Hope that helps.

I've noticed that you're soliciting feedback on Sigma palettes here on BT - good going!! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Yeah thanks!  I'm looking into them because I want those specific colors not that I need it. lol

We don't need it, but we WAAAAAAAANNNNNNTTT it! :smileyvery-happy: 

Oh, by the way, I googled Sigma Creme de Couture, and on a beauty blogger's website there's a promo code for 10% off Sigma products through October -----> FALL2013. Sooooo, if you really really really want something from Sigma yacansaveyoselfsomebuckaroos! :smileyhappy:

P.S. Her website is frmheadtotoe dot com - and she swatched the Creme de Couture palette earlier this month.

(0) Hearts

Thanks poohblueberry!  That's so sweet of you! 

Wow, you ladies are packin'! As you can see I love to shop the clearance section @ Sephora lol.makeup.JPG

(0) Hearts

Loooovee!

eye stash 1.jpg

eye stash 2.jpgDrugstore/indie. (The red makeup bag and mint tin are full of sample baggies from indie companies)

eye stash 3.jpg

eye stash 4.jpgAnd the expensive stuff! XD (The two palettes of depotted stuff are all my vintage UD shadows [top] and a Tokidoki palette, airways or something, and some Stila eyeshadows from a quad [bottom].)

palette.jpgAnd because I think its pretty, this is what the outside of the palette the UD shadows are in looks like. :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Ooooh, where did you find that palette for the depotted stuff? Did it come with something or did you purchase it separately?

Nice! That is a pretty palette :smileyhappy:

What is that skull stuff?! I love it! I want it! And how do you like KVD eye shadows? I have my eyes on Spellbinding and Ladybird palettes, really like ( read: WANT! :smileyvery-happy: ) those two.

I like the KVD line way more than I thought I would, I like the shadows almost as much as I like my UD ones. I read a lot of people saying they are dry/powdery, but they don't seem that way to me. (In the Spellbinding palette some colors are drier than others, but that happens in every big palette.) The 8 color KVD palettes are my go to for travel, I plan on getting Saint next.

The skull palette is from anothersoul on Etsy, its part of a horror collection she is doing for Halloween. I am hoping to grab one or two of the other designs while they are available. She has pages and pages of designs, its very hard to pick just one. :smileywink:

image.jpgMy favorites part 2- from left to right

1. Urban Decay Bordello

2. Urban Decay Rockstar

3. Tarte smolder eyes in fig

4. Tarte shadow stick in mocha berry

5. Tarte smolder eyes in champagne

6. Benefit gilded liner

7. Bare minerals high shine eye color

in meteorite 

8. Bare minerals high shine eye color

in bronzed 

Hope you ladies enjoyed this as much as I did :smileyhappy:

image.jpg

My favorites from left to right

1. Mac Satin Taupe

2. Mac Phloof
3. Too Faced Honey Pot
4. Urban Decay Sin
5. Urban Decay Ydk
6. Urban Decay Suspect
7. Urban Decay Toasted
8. Urban Decay Half Baked

more swatches to come since I am unable to post 2 different pictures in one post....

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments