veronika23

Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

[ Edited ]

Ok so I need some cheering up today!

I thought I would create a series of discussion where we could all share our make-up stashes. This is just meant to be fun.

How it works: Just take a picture of the stash mentioned in this post and upload to the discussion board. Feel free to tell us what you like best and included swatches. I know some people would love that :smileywink:

Ok ladies time to share your make-up stash for your eyes. This includes eye shadows, cream shadows, eye primers, pencils, mascaras, false lashes and eyebrow products.

This is the 2nd in a series of post I will do.

Still to come: lips, brushes, nails, perfume, skin care, body care, and hair care.

I love mascaras!!! My favs are Diorshow Blackout, Too Faced Better Than Sex and Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

I always loved MAC eye shadows for long wearing, pigmented, non-staining, bright and bold colors. Eventually I discovered UD and I also love their shadows. Now I think I have enough and trying not to buy any. lol

rsz_img_00000384.jpg

KayyLynn

Re: Show me yours, I’ll show you mine series – Eyes

[ Edited ]

I actually have some other 3 pan palettes from wet n wild I didn't picture but they are the best drugstore eyeshadow and the cheapest. Those palettes were only $4.99 and are highly pigmented...... great stuff :-)

AIixandra

I really only do neutrals. I think I probably need to start getting some color into my life.

veronika23

That's a nice collection :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

[ Edited ]

Eyeshadows are kind of my obsession so, yeah, there's a lot!  If you want to know what any one specific color is, feel free to ask!  And I do have swatches of ALL of it available, so if you want to see anything, just ask.

High End:

Eyeshadows High End 2.jpgFrom the back from left to right by rows as much as I could:

Row 1: Too Faced Boudoir Eyes, MAC build your own palette, Bobbi Brown Cool Lilac palette

Bobbi Brown cream shadow sticks--vanilla and sand dune

Row 2: Bobbi Brown Bobbi and Katie palette, Bobbi Brown singles (heather mauve, heather, antique rose), Bobbi Brown Navy and Nude palette, Bobbi Brown Velvet Plum palette

Row 3: Bobbi Brown cream shadows (stone, sandy gold, cool lilac), Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate palette, Urban Decay build your own palette, Bobbi Brown Uber Nude palette, Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream shadow (not high end, but I love it like it is), MAC paint pot (painterly)

So, um, yeah, obviously I have a Bobbi Brown obsession too!

Drug Store:

Eyeshadows Drug Store2.jpgThe ones I prefer are more in the back and the ones I really should get rid of are in the front except the singles.  Just going to point out some interesting things in these. 

Back row third from the right is a Maybelline palette with browns and grays that is probably my favorite currently available drug store eyeshadow. 

The entire second row from the back is all L'oreal eyeshadow quads that have now been discontinued.  They were my fav!  I loved them all.  And the new L'oreal ones are awful!

In the third row on the left are some Sonia Kashuk (available at Target).  This is the best drug store line I've found.  I really like the Leather and Lace set (second from the left in that row, oops, left an applicator in there so it's hard to see).  The Cover Girl third in on that row is pretty nice too.  And then we have one of the newer L'oreal ones.  This eyesweep thing that's supposed to get all the colors in one sweep.  Yeah, right.  Totally doesn't work!  And it makes the stripes too small to get the color.

And now we're to the ones I kind of hate.  The worst were the Physician's Formulas.  They crumbled apart with barely touching them!  And they are so chalky.

In the bottom row of singles is a new one I got in my Wantable box--Darla Makeup.  It's an all natural line, but I surprisingly love this eyeshadow.  Comparable to high end for me.  It might makes it's way up into my high end drawer.

Eyeliners, brows, and primers:

Eyeliners Brows and Primers.jpgI prefer liquid eyeliners for the most part.  My current favorite is the Stila.  The L'oreal ones are an okay cheap substitute.

My favorite brow product is the Bobbi Brown.  Easy to use!  I also have an Anastasia Brown Wiz, which I like the look of better but just takes so much time.

My favorite eye primer is a new Bobbi Brown one.  It's perfect for pale skin because it doesn't go on dark.  I do like the Too Faced one too.  And sometimes I use my pain pots or cream sticks above as primers.

I do have a Bobbi Brown gel liner.  Meh, too much effort for me.  The Elf one is about the same meh to me, but a lot cheaper.

The Almay brightener/eyeliner combo doesn't really work.

There's a Dolce & Gabanna eyeliner in there. Love the color but it smudges horrible, and I'm just not a pencil girl.

Mascara:

Mascaras.jpgI have really severe eye allergies when it comes to mascara. I don't have trouble with anything else, just mascara.  The only two I've found I can wear without irritation are Almay Get Up and Grow (this one is zero irritation but does little for my lashes) and Diorshow Extase (minor irritation but not bad, does look a bit better than the Almay).  The Physician's Formula is okay on the irritation factor.  The Maybelline One by One is wow on my lashes but irritates my eyes.  I've got several in there that were GWPs that are never opened and probably never will be because I'm so scared of my eye allergies.  I'll probably give them away since they're unopened.

And here they all are in my organizer:

Eyeshadows High End.jpg

Eyeshadoows Drug Store.jpg

veronika23

Ooh pretty.  =)

lyravega

@SirenPrincess - Great collection! Is that Maybelline Falsies mascara? After reading so many great reviews about that mascara, I got it the other day... and I'm confused... Is it suppose to be so thick and dry, to the point I can hardly put it on my lashes? Or I just got something that was sitting in a drugstore forever so it got dry?

SirenPrincess

That is a Maybelline Falsies mascara, and you're in luck that it is one I dared to try.  I have had bad luck with Maybelline mascaras in general.  I bought a Colossal Lash that was just like you're describing, so dry I can't even get it on my lashes.  I think they have some sort of issue with their caps not fitting tight enough or something that sometimes you get one that's all dried up before you even open it!

Mine is thick but a good thick and wet.  It goes on easily and does make my lashes look pretty good!  I unfortunately can't wear it because of my allergies.

lyravega

Just my luck! I haven't been using drugstore mascaras for years, and this is what I got when I decided to try them again :smileyvery-happy: Thank you, that's good to know. ( That they have this possible problem with their mascaras. ) I saw the potential of this mascara, though, so maybe I'll grab another one... from a very busy drugstore hoping it's freshly fresh! :smileyvery-happy:

aggiegirl2012

image.jpgEyeliners, mascara, & some eye primers

image.jpgSingles & unopened mascaras

image.jpgPalettes, the one with the leopard edge is all MAC shadows

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

What palette did you use to put your depotted shadows in? Love the print!

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

How do you like the Pretty Rebel palette? That's what I'm considering buying next.

violalea

(0) Hearts

So pretty. I have 3 same palettes : naked, deluxe UD and Smoked.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Oh there it is... the paris palette :smileywink:

aggiegirl2012

The shadows are very soft FYI. As you can see the black was a tad messy & cracked

veronika23

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't have seen that if you didn't point it out :smileywink:

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]

Palettes:PA230816.JPG

Singles, eyeliners, pigments and a primer.PA230819.JPG

Forgot to include my mascara in the picture. Oops! :smileytongue:

It's "Le Big Show" by Annabelle :smileyhappy:

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Cool!  What are the quads at the bottom right corner?

MysticalAngel

They're both by Annabelle. I got them a few years ago

They were in the clearance bin for $2. I couldn't resist! XD

veronika23

(0) Hearts

yeah for like 2$ no one could resist! :smileyhappy:

IttyxBittyxMe

Bad quality picture is bad....

So I've become a Sugarpill junkie as of late If you can't tell from that corner. I think it's quickly become my favorite eyeshadow brand. Favorite mascara goes to Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes and eyeliner to UD liquid in perversion. Favorite palette is the Lorac Pro, least favorite is the Naked.

But this is my makeup collection, eye wise, after almost a year of collecting. I am very much so a noob.

image.jpg

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Wow!  Lots of colors! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 302 replies
  • 594 hearts
  • 70 in conversation
    • kalex