Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Show & Tell What's In Your Makeup bag In Your Purse!

Hello lovelies! I was recently digging in my purse to grab a lippie and noticed I had so many products in my makeup bag.. I'm bored and at work and thought, why not start a fun thread?

Show us what you got!

x2.PNG

x.PNG

Spoiler
L-R Top Row:
-Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in #37
-NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound
-Too Faced Melted Matte in Queen B
-KVD Everlasting Liquid Lip in Bow N Arrow
-KVD Everlasting Liquid Lip in Lovesick
-Urban Decay Comfort Matte Lipstick in Backtalk
-MAC Hot Chocolate
-MAC Whirl
-MAC Pink Pigeon

L-R Bottom Row
-Benefit Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Gloss
-MAC Patent Polish Lip Pencil in Desert Evening
-NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
-Bite Lip Gloss in Three
-MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry

Re: Show & Tell What's In Your Makeup bag In Your Purse!

@Milou07 they are so sweet! aussies and BC are two of my fave breeds 🙂

i envy your ability to downsize! I'm going to work on this over the summer, gradually editing out items that aren't used as much and narrowing down the lip selection!

Looks like we're bag twins @kissXmakeup😊 I hate having to carry a heavy work bag so I try only to keep essentials, except when it comes to lipsticks as a girl needs choices😅 Here's what in my makeup bag:

IMG_3286.JPG

Tom Ford lip balm in Cruise

Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Cary

Marc Jacobs New Nudes in Role Play

Fresh Sugar Tinted lip treatment in Rose

Boscia blotting papers

L'Occitane hand cream in Amande

Burberry Brit Sheer sample 

Tatcha mirror, Tylenol and bandaids 

All I can think is of only one bandaid, my accident prone self would be in trouble, lol! But it's a lovely collection you've got! 🙂 

Thanks @themusefactory. I'm a bit of a klutz myself and am always getting bumps and bruises. This one bandaid is  probably not going to be enough, must refill the kit, lol. 

I love this bag! It fits so much, which is a good and bad thing. In the little pocket on the inside, I carry deluxe size perfume samples of fragrances that I want to try. It gets me to use them, I have way too many. 

That Tatcha mirror is gorgeous.  ❤️

I love peeking into everyone's purses! I think it kind of validates that I'm not crazy for having so many things with me! Lol

i carry a few things floating loose in my purse and have another bag in my truck at all times with make up. I have a partner that lives two hours from me and parents who I stay with quite a bit an hour in the opposite direction, so I'm never really sure where I'll be when getting ready and feel better knowing I have everything ready no matter where I am.

in my purse...

IMG_5117.JPG

Lipsticks just just end up in here and every few weeks I need to clear them out.

mac studio tech, mufe powder, benefit concealer, hair brush, bobbies, elastics, lazy Sunday and beach walk travel sprays, and the following lippies... stila Amelia, viva glam taraji Henson, mac rebel, use oil in 201? Dior balm in lilac, bite mask in clear, stila stain in pomegranate, mac in plumful, ysl stain in 206, NARS lip glide in bound.

in my truck make up bag...

IMG_5119.JPG

tarte shape tape, ud colour corrector in peach, ud concealer in fair neutral, beauty blender, mufe matte palette, two faced mascara in regular and waterproof(not a huge fan of the waterproof), bite lippie point perk, mac false lash mascara, kvd liquid liner in trooper, mark Jacobs high liner in navy, Clinique quick liner for lips in sky violet, ud eyeliner in nude shade, NARS eye primer, acure moisturizer, benefit brow highlighter, first aid beauty moisturizer, hourglass primer, benefit primer, SR good genes, it cosmetics brow power, NARS blush from rouge gift last year, tweezers and a face wash foil.

the exact items in my truck change out as I use and replace travel sizes, but the types of items remain pretty consistant.  I use whichever face wash my partner has on hand, and have switched him over to nice shampoo so I don't need these items but I do have a bag with travel sized bumble and bumble S&C, a small Amika dry shampoo, a hair brush, face wash, and face mask, nail file, cotton pads and make up remover.  Lol I won't get into the back pack of clothes I keep in there!

I see some lippie overlap between our bags!  I also have NARS bound and the YSL stain!   The YSL tint in oil is too big for my bag, but I love that one too. 🙂  

ETA: I love that you have switched your partner over to using better shampoo - I need to take a leaf out of your book!  😉

Most of my purse lippies tend to be things I can throw on fairly easily. Both YSL and the NARS bound are favourites. 

Swapping out his shampoo was a three year mission. He travels a lot for work and used to use whatever he didn't finish from hotels. I started off by leaving bottles of mine in his shower and complimenting his hair whenever I noticed he'd used them, he's now at the point where he still uses hotel minis while away but will let me know when 'im' running out at home of the orange smelling stuff (Bumble and Bumble hairdressers oil). Last month he was in Ottawa and passed a Sephora, he knows I have an addiction so wanted to pick me up something. He saw the hair products and after having heart failure at their cost, bout a few of each to stock up. Apparently the collègue he was with thought he'd lost it!

That is so sweet! I love the hairdressers oil & the primer too. They smell so good & actually make a difference in your hair. 

yay i haven't done one of these in a long time, and i always enjoy it !

i'll preface this by saying....i'm high maintenance. in the sense that i like to be prepared for everything/anything that may happen. i carry a large purse because i'm just that kinda girl; i like to have my things with me in case i need to go somewhere and don't have time to go home to freshen up. i keep a small crossbody bag (when empty, it's no larger than a wallet) in my big purse, and if the occasion calls for it i switch a few essentials over to that (lipstick, liner, compact, cards). 

i have two pouches with me always: one holds whatever makeup i'm wearing that day plus some extras, the second holds hair, skin & fragrance. (aside: i've had these pouches for 4 years. i LOVE them. they're by Tracy Tanner, she's based in brooklyn).

ttbags.jpg

Makeup bag. (today's contents in spoiler; this changes every day depending on what i'm wearing, there are a few Never Leave My Bag items. i'll star those with ** !)

makeupbag4-17.jpg

Spoiler
* GIVENCHY photo perfexion fluid foundation
* NARS soft matte complete concealer**
* SHISEIDO the powdery makeup compact**
* NARS sunwash diffusing bronzer
* NYX microbrow pencil, black
* brushes (ELF flat top kabuki powder brush, a travel size sonia kashuk blending brush)
* MAC spice lipliner
* NARS velvet shadow stick, aigle noir**. this one is empty but i get a replacement tomorrow !! i always, ALWAYS have this in my bag; it's a black cream shadow that can turn any look into nighttime/drama/armor as needed.
* NYX liquid suede, soft spoken. i pair this with mac spice, that's what i'm wearing today
* ARMANI silk eyeliner pencil**
* KVD tattoo liner, trooper, in travel size**
* BITE lipstick, meringue (mini)
* URBAN DECAY single eyeshadow, unlaced
* CLINIQUE chubby stick highlighter

Misc bag

miscbag4-17.jpg

Spoiler
* PALERMO rose water mist
* DEVA CURL set it free mist (for hair)
* AVEDA hand relief hand cream
* KLORANE dry shampoo
* AVEDA dry remedy hair oil 
* perfumes: DIPTYQUE philosykos, sandalwood oil and vanilla musk oil
* chapstick

things not in here that usually are and need to be repurchased: hair ties, bobby pins, bandaids

I get the feeling you might like NARS? 😉   

All kidding aside, I feel you on the being prepared thing.  I just switched to a small purse, and I miss all the things I had in my big purse (bandaids, store loyalty cards, several colors of eyeshadow...).  

I am pretty high maintenance too when it comes to carrying things everywhere I go! Not pictured were a few toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss and my invisalign case, wipes, charcoal swabs, hair ties & bobby pins, snacks, gum, flowerbomb rollerball, multiple wallets/coin purses, migraine meds, feminine products & hair comb. That I can remember off the top of my head, I am positive there are more items I forgot to mention. Oh & a pareo for my hula/Tahitian class.

I tend to carry small bags/not use a makeup bag/put my products back in place when I get home (or lose them for indefinite periods of time in said bags or pockets or wherever I toss my things), so I don't have a photo.

My bag list is pretty underwhelming:

• Lip balm (one of those pink eos things)
  • Whichever lip color I'm wearing that day (often Nars Velvet Matte in Cruella, Hourglass Extreme Sheen in Icon, Dior Addict in Rose . . . Something, UD Vice in Shame)
  • Concealer (Nars Soft Matte or Sonia Kashuk Liquid, depending on what's going on with my face)
  • Blotting papers

If I'll be out into the night and won't have time to go home, then I might carry eye liner and a smudge brush, eye shadow, setting spray, powder, and cheek/contour to make things more intense. Also, hair thickening spray . . . theoretically, if Oribe ever makes a mini (minis are such terrible values, ugh).

My favorite smaller purse is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Percy, the original one. Although it is small compared to my Coach tote, I still end up with more lippies than I need on any given day. I do agree with the different products for a night out though, I always carry tons of bobby pins, a hair tie and concealer is a MUST! How do you like the Nars Soft Matte concealer? I usually carry the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.

I went in intending to get the RCC, but I'd just run out of the MUFE Full Cover and thought I'd try the Soft Matte for a redness/blemish concealer (I'd been thinking of the RCC for the eye area, but I have a Benefit Erase Paste that just will not die, mostly because I've gone through about three Bobbi Brown Correctors and accompanying concealers in its lifetime, and a brightening pen). It does a decent job of covering, though it's definitely creamier than what I was accustomed to with the MUFE. Sort of a catch-22: sometimes I thought the MUFE set too quickly to work with, but it never moved; the Nars is easier to blend, but it's harder to keep in place. I think I'll go back to a more liquid concealer next (still haven't tried Shape Tape).

Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 114 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos18
  • x.PNG
  • x2.PNG
  • ttbags.jpg
  • makeupbag4-17.jpg
  • miscbag4-17.jpg
  • IMG_5117.JPG
  • IMG_5119.JPG