kalex

Shop Your Stash 2

Since a few of us are on a "no-buy" it might be a good idea to "shop our stashes" again and encourage eachother to behave!  :smileyhappy:

Today I dug out my Too Faced "Fun in the Dark" palette for eyeshadow and blush and then also used two new swap items NARS lipstick "Tzigane" and UD shadow pencil "Rehab".

katief241981

Re: Shop Your Stash 2

(0) Hearts

so glad y'all resurrected this thread :smileyhappy:  I NEED to do this.  I think today I will use Vice2. I have not been using it enough to justify having bought it. But when I do, I love it. Although I just love my Naked3 so much I keep playing with it.  

dannyc

(0) Hearts

I will be doing more of this! I have so much stuff, but I like buying new products too much :smileytongue: 

I will be better, I promise! 

mimibel

Is this the current Shop your Stash? I went looking and did not find a newer one...I think this and project 5 and 10 pan will help me organize my things and buy smarter for 2014. I'm firmly into staying comfortably in VIB mode so my spending won't be that much less probably, just hopefully a bit smarter. 

kalex

I was just thinking about reviving this thread the other day.  I'm planning on cleaning out for the TSBs that I'm in and I'll probably find a few gems that I forgot about in the process!

I'm with you on the "project pan".  I'm currently working on deluxe/travel sizes.

starletta8

With the holiday weekend, I may switch back to contacts and shop my stash.  I had to start from scratch with eyeshadow a couple of months ago, so I'm just playing with new purchases.

I did dig out an old concealer, though.  It's almost done!

runy

(0) Hearts

Seems like there's some interest to start this back up?  I need to go back to shopping my stash too because some stuff is seriously getting neglected!

melde

I need to shop my stash for eyeshadow! Today I wore a Lush lipcolor I haven't in a while and it was a nice change. :smileyhappy:

"Yay" for no-buys... haha.

dannyc

@Kalex I have so many LE Chanel polishes that are about 3/4 done. I'm holding on to the last bit because I love the colors so much & don't want to see them gone. I have a feeling they well be collecting dust for years, they will get old & need to be tossed....

kalex

@pinklissamel -

Regarding the new or LE - Yes!  My initial impulse is too click "add to cart" immediately!  After I started realizing I have multiple brands of similar colors I starting resisting though.  I turn to beauty blogs to help me out.  Temptalia is great for reviewing and then and letting you know what products are similar so you can decide if you "need" a new one!

sephoramusthave

I don't think I have anything LE.....I have some things that have been discontinued but I had no way of knowing that it would be discontinued when I bought the item. MAC is the worst I think....they make new LE things like crazy but unless I really really love the color I don't care if its LE.

And yes.....TEMPTALIA! Christine saves me money all the time. Sometimes I want to try a super high end brand but if I see that the grade is less than a B then no way. If it has a high price, it better have an A from Christine!

beautytester

(0) Hearts

LOL. I replace my make up every 5+ years, so even if they are not LE, there's a 50% chance that it's discontinued or reformulated.

Speaking of this thread, I really need to finish using some of my old lip balms....Jack Black, I'm lookin at you. >.>

katie1724

Smart girl -- it's frustrating to fall in love with a limited edition! Now I try to avoid buying them, period, unless it's something I really want to have (and that will last for ages). A limited edition highlighter, though -- that makes little sense to me, because it will just be gone!

I love Temptalia, and it's nice that she is pretty honest in her reviews. I trust them and they have definitely made me think twice before buying something I thought I wanted prior to reading the review. :smileyhappy:

pinklissamel

Makes me feel bad when i shop my stash and I find products that I know I love but get pushed aside for the new stuff I think i must have in my life when I see them. I hate to neglect my makeup so shopping my stash sounds like a really good idea. What goodies have we overlooked in order to but the LE collections that companies put out to entice us to buy buy buy since they wont be around for long??? Does anyone else have this issue that you get automatically drawn into and buy anything that says new or LE you think you must buy it since it will be gone soon Or is it just me....... No, Just me.... ok??  I'll join you on this for sure!!! Shopping my stash!!!!!

kalex

Oh my gosh, yes, I need to do this again too!

MoreGun89

Going along with sephoramusthave's necro, doing a summer no buy, free samples don't count though! :smileyvery-happy: who's in?  I know starletta8 is :smileywink:

drrragon

I've managed to not buy anything for a good 10 days now :smileyhappy:  feels like FOREVER

starletta8

3 days has been rough- even though my prior purchases are still rolling in!

katie723

I rediscovered some of my Smashbox Lip Enhancing Glosses... I purchased the boxed set with 6 mini glosses. I stopped using them because I felt they were too shimmery and smelled/tasted bad.

Today I put on the True Color gloss in Brown Sugar and WOW!! It's such a beautiful nude shade. It looks like a dark shimmery brown, but on my lips it's a beautiful nude color! Perfect for the Fall! I'm so in love with it and feel ashamed that I've been ignoring it since I bought it 3 months ago. It still has a weird smell, but it doesn't linger any longer than a couple minutes.

I'm really happy that I rediscovered it :smileyhappy: especially since I'm on a no-buy! Ugh!

sephoramusthave

I miss this thread and totally need to join in. There's a lot of makeup that I haven't used in awhile (its not expired, its just been sitting around waiting its turn again lol). A couple of weeks ago I reorganized my skincare stash and now that everything is in one place (well the backup skincare I mean) I noticed that there's a LOT of stuff I still haven't had a chance to use. I need to look through my makeup stash and see what I haven't used in awhile and bring it back to life!

maltipoo66

This is such a great idea!  I can't believe I didn't see this post before.  I'm definitely going on a no-buy for September and possibly October if I can be good :smileyhappy:  So I rediscovered my Too Faced Glamour to go pocket palette, and have been experimenting with my lime green and olive green as a mix in my crease...definitely a new go to look!  Besides that, I rediscovered my Benefit Her Name was Glowla kit, so I'm determined to use up those shadows before buying any more.  haha Wish me luck! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kalex
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki