ellevee09

Sephora inside JCPenney - What are your picks?

Not sure if my fellow beauties got this but I just received ad from Sephora. (inside JCP)

Customized skincare set for $29.00  - Pick your five w/ makeup bag.

What are your five? :smileyhappy:

Skincare.JPG    skincare 2.JPG

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Sephora inside JCPenney - What are your picks?

(0) Hearts

Aw I'm sad. I just got back from SiJCP and the only thing that was sold out already was the Truth Serum. And that was the deal breaker for me if they didn't have it since i already planned to buy it anyways. But i guess it's my fault i couldn't make it there any sooner. But i'm still sad! They had so many Glamglow Mask left though. 

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

OMG! I's so jealous! I didn't get this ad, I wouldn't have bought it anyways but not the point lol! That glamglow deluxe sample is calling to me why oh why!

arielaaaaaaaa

I just called my SiJcp and the SA told me they do have it. So I'm pretty excited but I won't be able to make it till tomorrow. But I seriously hope they still have the truth serum and Glamglow mask! 

1Emily

(0) Hearts

Are the girls at your Sephora usually knowledgeable about the products? I've been finding that every single time I go to ANY Sephora, they're all clueless. I even went to one recently where I was asking about the Disney collection and the girl had not even a remote clue as to what I was talking about. I really hate shopping at Sephora stores, so I usually stick to donig it online. It's such a shame; you spend a ton of money on the products but the workers can't be bothered to learn anything about any of them. Don't get me wrong, I do love Sephora--but I can't help but hate the customer service I've been receiving everywhere I go.

michmo

(0) Hearts

In all honesty, I've always felt like the employees in the free standing stores were more knowledgeable than the SiJCP stores.  And the SiJCP is the one local to me.  

My last time in I asked the girl about the primer that I wanted, which they had, but that it isn't online--(not at all, not out of stock online...just plain not online.)  So I asked her if they weren't going to be carrying it anymore and she really didn't have an answer.  

Then I had her foundation match me.  She actually did a really good job.  I was a bit surprised with the shade, but I do think she was right on.  I couldn't remember from online what the undertone was to the color so I asked because I wanted to be sure it was my color.  She kind of stumbled for an answer that it was neutral.  I thanked her and then as I walked through the store I pulled up the cosmetic company's website on my phone just so I could make sure.  The undertone is listed as yellow, but that is perfect for me.  So while she didn't quite have the knowledge or maybe the ability to articulate her knowledge, she really did a good job matching me.  

Overall, the girls I've come across in the local SiJCP seem friendly enough but I find lots of you here on BT have as much if not more knowledge.  

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I've had far better experiences at my local SiJCP, partially because it's not crazy busy like the freestanding Sephoras in my area. I'm a regular in there, and 90% of the cast members know me by name.

arielaaaaaaaa

Hm. Well that's is something I would be pretty mad about too. I don't rely on the employees much, I would rather do the research on products myself. But she should have known about the Disney collection. Maybe she missed the meeting. At the Sephora I go to I've only come across one or two SA that struck me as seriously clueless. I do most shopping online but when I make a purchase in store I try and look for certain employees to help me that I know are knowledgable. 

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I am the same and almost exclusively purchase online (and of course all of the extensive research that goes into buying a new product--this stuff is expensive, I'm not about to waste my money), but sometimes I just happen to be around a store and want to try things out or see if they have something in-store that isn't currently available online. I do agree with @michmo is correct in saying that BT members are more knowledgeable and passionate about the products.

ChicDabbler

*staaaaaaaaaaaarrrreeees*

*yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrns*

I don't suppose this is available at normal Sephoras? *semi-hopeful*

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Ahaha, exactly how I feel! AND 50 bonus BI points?? WANNNNNNT. 

buzzbee3

Nope. Exclusive to Sephora's inside JCP. I hate it when they have certain items @ free standing Sephora's and not @ JCP locations, & vise versa *cough* Sun Safety Kit *cough*. They're all Sephora's for gosh sakes! Carry the same things!

violalea

(0) Hearts

But hey the free standing stores might have their own skincare set just like the SSK with some similar and some different choices you never know so everyone will be happy then :smileyhappy:

mafan

(0) Hearts

Oh, I want to be able to get one for my mom.  There are some great things here and it's a great deal vs my spending money on full sized things.  My problem is not having a car (and not hearing from the garage re: a car tomorrow).  I don't really think I can convince DH to go without a car so that I can go shopping when I should be working, and he has plans for after work anyway, sigh.

Oh well, if there are any around on Monday, this would be great.  I think I am going to try to take mom to a free standing Sephora a week from Sunday for a makeover.  My DH thought it was funny that I was the one doing this when my niece is much more into makeup.  But mom wants to try things and I desperately need to find some skincare that she will use.  (She doesn't even use something to take her makeup off! Sigh.)  You are never too old to take care of yourself, right?

And I'll admit, I'd like to try the Glamglow myself. :smileyhappy:  Something for mom would make me break my no-buy, though I will see what I have around that she might find useful, too.

ellevee09

@Violalea,

Yes, I finally got around to actually read the 50 pt deal. Well hopefully my mom will like something and go buy it and hand over her 50 points. hahaha....

about to head out to dinner for my moms birthday...she's so excited...here are my picks for her :smileyhappy:

skincare.JPG

violalea

(0) Hearts

Yeah I am sure she will give you the points :smileyhappy:

We have 2 same products too: Glamglow and Algenist :smileyhappy: Have fun with you mom!!!!!!

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

It was pretty cool to see the 50 bonus point coupon inside. But I don't believe you can use it until mid September. Lol I'm sure I'll be able to think of something to buy from Sephora by then.

violalea

(0) Hearts

Yeah it said you would earn 50 extra points if you purchase any skincare item from 09/19 - 10/10. :smileyhappy:

LCResz

[ Edited ]

Wow most of the samples were already gone by the time I got to my local SiJCP! I picked out 2, 3, 5, 6, and 8. Can't wait to try out the BB creams the most! 

P.S. the clear plastic bag is a very good size, and very pretty with gold tone details.

image.jpg

violalea

[ Edited ]

Yeah my 5 products have $103 value pretty good deal: :smileyhappy:

#6     1. Glamglow Youthmud 0.5oz  $19.00
#2     2.Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser 2.0 oz                  $10.67
#10   3.Philosophy Miracle Worker Anti-Aging moisturizer 0.5oz  $11.75
#7    4. Algenist Regenerative anti-aging moisturizer 0.5 oz       $22.50
#1    5.NUDE treatment oil    $39.00

total :$102.92

rikkie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Very nice! Can't argue with a deal like that! Which location were you at that still had lots? Maybe I will force my husband to go since I can't, hehehe. :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • mityren