onomotopoeia9

Sephora Makeover Experiences (and Tips!)

[ Edited ]

Hi Makeup Lovers!

So being that we are all probably sephora goers, most of us have either had a makeover at sephora, or plans on having one soon.

Thought it would be interesting to share in each others experiences, and learn from them!

sephoralovex

Re: Sephora Makeover Experiences (and Tips!)

(0) Hearts

I've never had a full makeover, but there were a few times where I had a SA try on foundations for me and they did a pretty good job. I do think lighting in Sephora is different than if you were to walk out the store, so theres always a chance where your makeup wont look the way it did in the stores lighting.

I just recently got a VIB card for a free makeover but idk if ill be using it since i prefer to do my own makeup.

ayen85

(0) Hearts

I have actually purchased the dior forever flawless foundation and returned it 4 times! The lights are HORRIBLE and the shades they always recommend are way too dark or orange for me. Such a disappointment! Even concealers and the ysl touche eclat was a little dark for me.though im asian i certainly dont need dark shades! So before i visit sephora i always make a list for the things i need, and make it a point to research products online.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I haven't had a "full" makeover, but they seem to get my foundation wrong. They always use the darkest foundations, while in reality I'm lighter in the "deep" shade range. The people are always willing to help, and everyone helps each other out by exchanging tips and ideas. 

poemelyric

For some reason, the Sephora near me never gets it right.  I returned 3 different foundations because they were the wrong shade and I went in without makeup on.  I have to go back and return the CC cream that I bought a few weeks ago because it's too dark.  I told the cast member that it was too dark for me but she convinced me to try it at home in different lighting.  That made it even worse.  I just went out on a limb and bought something and it turns out to be the best thing that I bought.  I'm lucky I snuck it into my basket before she could see.  I can't wait until they get those foundation guns that they said they were going to give them.  That should help immensely.