Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

a place to post about all things Sephora Favorites sets: past, present and future. Have a question, please ask.  Have a review, please post.  Have pics, please show us. These sets are one of my favorite things about shopping at Sephora. I get to try a bunch of products for a lower price and always end up finding some HG items. 

Today, I got the Sephora Favorites: Beauty on the Fly. It was $42 plus ebates was at 8%.  For me, I've either been wanting to try all of these items, or have tried and really like them. 

More pics and thoughts in the first post. 

image.jpeg

Re: Sephora Favorites Sets : share your thoughts, questions and pics

It's really pretty! I don't think she mentions it, but I bet if you comment on the video she'll respond.

New Sephora Faves set Heart

2.JPG

1.JPG

Spoiler
What it is:
A multibranded sampler set with five deluxe mascaras—plus, an enclosed voucher that you can bring in to a US Sephora store to redeem for a full-size favorite.

This set contains:
- 0.10 oz/ 3.1 mL Blinc Mascara Amplified Mascara in Black
- 0.135 oz/ 4 mL Lancôme HYPNôSE DRAMA Instant Full Volume Mascara in Excessive Black
- 0.08 oz/ 2.5 mL MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash in Black
- 0.17 oz/ 5 g Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara in Black
- 0.10 oz/ 3 mL Tarte lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara in Black

http://www.sephora.com/lashstash-to-go-P410002

New set!

0000.JPG

Spoiler

I was surprised by the tiny 1 oz FAB Ultra Repair Cream, but now I see, that is the one that costs $6.50.

I think I just got spoiled over the summer with all the good deals on masses of Fab products direct from their site etc, so the itty bittyness shocked me at first. I love this cream and it will certainly get used. The size is actually very handy 🙂

Ooh nice one!  Wish I saw it during the sale. Hope it's around for a goodie bag

Anonymous Insider

Did anyone order the Coola with this?  I got mine and it was all wet.  The thing is, it was also the only item that was wrapped in a clear plastic bag, as if Sephora workers knew it would leak.  ?????  Is that normal?

Not happy.  Any suggestions as to what to do?  I'm happy with my other products (Ren, Sunday Riley, Too Cool for School, and Pharmacy).

Mine arrived intact, and had a foil peelie under the cap to keep it sealed. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much for letting me know, @gingerleigh.  It's much appreciated.  I didn't even try to open the plastic bag to see if there was a seal inside or to see if it's intact.

I ordered the Coola too @Anonymous

Mine actually arrived in pretty good shape. It was wrapped in a plastic bag as well. I think the best thing to do is contact CS about how the product arrived damaged. They'll either send you a new one or give you points.

Live Chat, you still got time since it's available until 7.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much for letting me know how your Coola arrived, @lisainprogress.  I appreciate it!

Anonymous Insider

@lisainprogress, I just used the Live Chat.  Usually, I call.  This is a great alternative, too.  I had a minute wait to get an agent, but Ronald was well-mannered and efficient.  Excellent service.  I've already got an email confirmation for my updated order for a replacement Coola.

Thanks again!

@Anonymous did they make you return the whole kit and send out a whole new kit? Or just the one item?

Just wondering how inconsistent customer service might be. I had a problem with my Sunday Riley Tidal cream and that is what happened to me, they are sending out a new kit and I have to return the original kit...seems a bit overkill and unnecessary but iono

Anonymous Insider

Hi, @gingerleigh!  Sorry to hear you also had a problem with an item in your kit.  What happened to your Sunday Riley?  I better check mine 😕

Because the leaking item was isolated, I did not have to return it or the kit.  Frankly, I think that Sephora already knew there was a possible leakage problem with the Coola.  Why else wrap it separately in a bag?  

I'm not surprised that the customer service response is inconsistent, especially after reading all the posts about the VIB Rouge sale.  smh

On a side note, I wonder if they have a list somewhere attached to my account that has describes all the times I contacted them.  Hmm.  Maybe someone with knowledge about that can chime in here.  

@Anonymous My Sunday Riley cream arrived in a very sus condition, the jar is dirty, the box is falling apart, and there is a new upc label pasted over the original.

It looks like it spent the summer under the front passenger seat of an OnTrac delivery driver's station wagon

srdecrepit.jpgThe product code is T104, but I can't find any website that will translate Sunday Riley batch codes into the Gregorian Calendar 😜

Like, is it so old they've changed the UPC??

srupcpastedover.jpg

Please do let me know if I am being too picky. I like to err on the side of caution as a consumer in general, as I have had tons of things like allergic reactions, food poisonings, and so on.

@gingerleigh mine looks just like that. It's obviously been opened since there is an extra crease the size of a nail. I'm kind of afraid to use it. Is there any chance they were returns??

Also I just noticed that Sephora removed a bunch of reviews on the set, since there are only two favourable reviews left. That's hella dodgy!

@SootSoot I want to trust that Sephora customers are honest about whether an item is still in new condition when they do returns.

I feel like the products weren't cared for very well, somewhere along the way. They look like they've had some tough times. I did look into Tidal cream and believe it was launched just this past year (unless it was just a new-to-Sephora launch).

Anonymous Insider

@gingerleigh, my box appears to be in better shape than yours, although slightly edge worn.  

As for the new UPC code sticker covering up the original and differently numbered UPC code, it's probably because they need to label it for this custom set--everything needs its own code nowadays--so it may have been offered as a travel size retail product or free sample product.  

As for the cap, it also looks scuffed with dark marks on it.  What I was not expecting to find when I opened it up was that the inside part of the cap and the outside of the neck appears as if some of the product leaked out of the jar area and onto the threads, so the cover was not securely screwed onto the jar.  Otherwise, there's no smell or strange looking growths.  I'll try it tomorrow to see how it goes, but on the fingers, it feels moisturizing enough.

Overall, I'd think this is an item that I would expect to have gotten from a factory outlet store.  Not first quality, but rather a little bit something wrong, yet good enough to be on sale.

@gingerleigh I just checked the labels on the other items I got from the set. All of the items I chose have a new label placed on top. I think the new UPC labels are there so that it can be easier for Sephora employees to get the items that we chose for the set? I'm not sure though.

*I'm trying to upload a photo but it's not letting me do it 😞

@gingerleigh My Sunday Riley Tidal mini that came with the Sephora Favorites set is dirty too. There are dark marks around the white lid on the outside. I thought the marks were there because the jar was just rubbing against the black box. Now I'm thinking if I should exchange the set. I haven't used it yet so I can't comment if it's expired or not 😕

Btw, you're not being picky at all. It's better for us to question the products so that we don't put bad stuffs on our faces.

Hmm maybe they are all going to be like that @prti   

Hopefully some other people will chime in on this, and also let us know whether the product is fresh and effective

I don't think the bag was because they expected it to arrive damaged. All of my products were fine. My Coola one was in a plastic bag, my briogeo and living proof were in another plastic bag and my farmacy & Sunday Riley were just in the box. It may be a precaution in case of leaks, but I don't think they EXPECT it to arrive that way. 

testing